X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cops 4: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    "The answer to these questions, and many more, on the next episode of the WCHA"

I missed that part.
    Nice call on the snark!

I think they over-reached, and wanted to prove themselves to save face. Or something like that.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

What he posted was moronic. He obviously intended to get a reaction with the way that he wrote it and that's exactly what he got. Even had he just wrote, "I'm going to shoot all black people tomorrow a smile" and left out the .... it would have received far less scrutiny albeit I guarantee it would still garner attention. He put himself at risk. He doesn't deserve the level of punishment he's received to this date at all, but people need to be careful.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
        What he posted was moronic. He obviously intended to get a reaction with the way that he wrote it and that's exactly what he got. Even had he just wrote, "I'm going to shoot all black people tomorrow a smile" and left out the .... it would have received far less scrutiny albeit I guarantee it would still garner attention. He put himself at risk. He doesn't deserve the level of punishment he's received to this date at all, but people need to be careful.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Each day more death.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            If the story turns out to be true then I cant blame the cop...
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              If the story turns out to be true then I cant blame the cop...
              Problem is you can never take the cops' side at face value. I mean I guess if the kid had a death wish and pulled it out of his waistband right as the cops showed up then that version would make sense but that seems unlikely.
              Last edited by trixR4kids; 09-16-2016, 05:52 PM.

Comment

It's just as unlikely they killed him in cold blood.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                  Problem is you can never take the cops' side at face value. I mean I guess if the kid had a death wish and pulled it out of his waistband right as the cops showed up then that version would make sense but that seems unlikely.
                  No offense but that is a helluva lot more believable than they saw random black kid and decided to shoot him cause...reasons! I know it is not a popular thought but cops are innocent until proven guilty as well.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    No offense but that is a helluva lot more believable than they saw random black kid and decided to shoot him cause...reasons! I know it is not a popular thought but cops are innocent until proven guilty as well.
                    This. Saw a pic of the gun.....um....that's just dam scary right there. It looks like a "real" gun (forgive the quotes, you know what I mean)

Comment

What parent allows their 13 year-old kid to handle or possess any kind of gun unsupervised? Especially in a densely populated area. Christ. My dad would've grounded me for weeks if I had taken the pellet gun out for a tour of the subdivision. In our house guns were for the range, or the field/woods - not dicking around town with.

I'm all for holding cops accountable when they screw up, but culpability is a two-way street. I'd like to see some accountability from the parents in these cases.

It's also time to ask why manufacturers make pellet guns that are stylized replicas of military/police-issue handguns.

Comment

What parent allows their 13 year-old kid to handle or possess any kind of gun unsupervised? Especially in a densely populated area. Christ. My dad would've grounded me for weeks if I had taken the pellet gun out for a tour of the subdivision. In our house guns were for the range, or the field/woods - not dicking around town with.

I'm all for holding cops accountable when they screw up, but culpability is a two-way street. I'd like to see some accountability from the parents in these cases.

It's also time to ask why manufacturers make pellet guns that are stylized replicas of military/police-issue handguns.
                        *hitsstupidpeoplewithabrick* GUN SAFETY GUN SAFETY GUN SAFETY! Christ, that would cut this sh* in half (ranting, no stats proof or anything)

Comment

Yeah (assuming the story released is correct) the parents should be torn to shreds for allowing their kid to run around with a gun that looks exactly like a real gun. Though to be fair I used to have a few cap guns that looked pretty dang close to police issue revolvers. That was back in the day though when police officers would drive by the neighborhoods and give all us kids football cards because they were part of the community. They also didnt dress like they were going to war...and I never would have pulled it out around a cop...

The manufacturer should get lots of grief over this as well. Pellet guns dont need to look like real guns. I had a pellet gun when I was a kid and it could have MAYBE resembled an old WW2 era German handgun but not really. It was obviously not a real gun. There should be a law about stuff like this.
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Do we know the parents allowed the child to have the gun? Kids do things all the time that parents don't know, just think back to your childhood and the shenanigans you pulled.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                              Do we know the parents allowed the child to have the gun? Kids do things all the time that parents don't know, just think back to your childhood and the shenanigans you pulled.
                              And that is a fair point. Another counter-point to that is was the child raised to respect guns? I was, and while I did some incredibly stupid sh* in my time, I never thought about carrying around a gun, pellet or real. There was a line I never crossed, and THAT particular thing was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy across the line.

Comment

But... this guy says you guys are the real problem.
                                Originally posted by WiscTJK
                                I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                                Originally posted by Timothy A
                                Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Working...
                                X