Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Obama XXIII: The Muslin Anti-Christ Wages War on the forces of Christianity!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Obama XXIII: The Muslin Anti-Christ Wages War on the forces of Christianity!

Originally posted by geezer View Post
    Is it true that Barry tried to surrender to Hamid Karzai this morning? Was he drunk?
    Sounds like the Kenyan.

Comment

• Re: Obama XXIII: The Muslin Anti-Christ Wages War on the forces of Christianity!

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      Sounds like the Kenyan.
      turned out he was just apologizing for America again.
      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
      USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

turned out he was just apologizing for America again.
        The appropriate diplomatic response would have been to force American Muslims to form a human cartoon of Mohammed on The Mall and then drop incendiaries on them from drones.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          The appropriate diplomatic response would have been to force American Muslims to form a human cartoon of Mohammed on The Mall and then drop incendiaries on them from drones.
          maybe, but it would make an awful mess.
          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post
            So this is an honest question. I swear. I don't understand a lot about the tax code so, why exactly would eliminating the marriage deduction be a bad thing? I kind of get why it's there, and I can certainly see why people wouldn't want to get rid of it, but if it did go away, what would be the negative repercussions?
            It's not quite that there is a marriage "deduction" as it is that much of the personal income tax code centers around "household" income, which implicitly views a family as a single economic unit. Not trying to enter into the realm of value judgment or whether this treatment is "good" or "bad" or "neutral", merely making a factual observation. Some of it is historical inertia; there was a time in which one spouse primarily worked outside the home for pay while the other spouse worked inside the home without pay, and so the personal income tax code at that time recognized that the former's earned income also provided financial support for the latter. If married filing jointly brackets were exactly twice a single-filer bracket then on this point at least the personal income tax code would be economically neutral.

Even today, in many families, one spouse works full-time while the other spouse works part-time, and so the treatment of "household" income recognizes that frequently the latter derives substantial financial support from the former.

At one time there was a quaint old-fashioned notion that the personal income tax code should not be used to advance social ends.
            Last edited by FreshFish; 02-23-2012, 09:46 AM.
            "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

What was the story with the Koran burnings that started it?
              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                What was the story with the Koran burnings that started it?
                AJ story here.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  AJ story here.
                  Why be so upset over an apology in that case? Sure it probably got blown out of proportion, but There's not much we can do about that other than to show contrition so people can get over it and move on. It goes hand in hand when you have to deal with different cultures.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Why be so upset over an apology in that case? Sure it probably got blown out of proportion, but There's not much we can do about that other than to show contrition so people can get over it and move on. It goes hand in hand when you have to deal with different cultures.
                    It means we are surrendering to their judgment. That's why there's such a problem. He's basically saying everyone in this country should turn to Islam.

Comment

Originally posted by flagdude08 View Post
                      it means we are surrendering to their judgment. That's why there's such a problem. He's basically saying everyone in this country should turn to islam.
                      what???!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        It means we are surrendering to their judgment. That's why there's such a problem. He's basically saying everyone in this country should turn to Islam.
                        Wow. That's some fine trolling.

Comment

*****http://i1018.***********.com/albums/af303/bluebell4/troll20.jpg******
                          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

*golfclap*
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I'm sorry - nobody was actually upset about the apology. I was just trying to make a stupid joke, but Kepler outdid me again without breaking a sweat.

Comment

I'm sorry - nobody was actually upset about the apology. I was just trying to make a stupid joke, but Kepler outdid me again without breaking a sweat.
                                Well, almost nobody.

It's a good thing we're more respected around the world now though:
                                *****http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/02/23/article-2104801-11DB9E2F000005DC-766_306x530.jpg******

Comment

Working...
                                X