X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

Originally posted by rangersrule View Post
    Hasn't this news about Shirley been out for a while? Not sure why some people are in such a panic mode and so negative about this upcoming season. Sure we lose a good chunk of our scoring but, so do most of the top teams. UW still returns 4 players that had 20 or more points last season (5 if you count what Kepler did the season before.) That's by far more scoring than anyone else in the WCHA. Our biggest rival UM returns no players that had at least 20 points! And from what I hear the new transfer UW goalie from North Dakota (Campbell) is the real deal. I for one believe this team will still be able to compete with anyone. Let's see this seasons team play before we worry about an "undefeated run next year"!!
    The news on Shirley is that she is still coming to UW, just a year later. Some thought that if she played professionally she was done with D1. Another concern was that she could get into an easier school and not UW like has happened in the past. To lose a talent like that to another D1 school due to admittance issues would be really sad for UW.

I love your glass half full attitude, but there is no goalie on the roster with ARD's talent, and this year more than ever that is needed with the scoring losses. It doesn't matter if the rodents are gutted too, UMD, UM and who knows else will be pressuring from behind. At least UW 7 preseason games to get the F's rolling and we'll be able to see 5 of those games to judge the talent for ourselves.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      The news on Shirley is that she is still coming to UW, just a year later. Some thought that if she played professionally she was done with D1. Another concern was that she could get into an easier school and not UW like has happened in the past. To lose a talent like that to another D1 school due to admittance issues would be really sad for UW.

I love your glass half full attitude, but there is no goalie on the roster with ARD's talent, and this year more than ever that is needed with the scoring losses. It doesn't matter if the rodents are gutted too, UMD, UM and who knows else will be pressuring from behind. At least UW 7 preseason games to get the F's rolling and we'll be able to see 5 of those games to judge the talent for ourselves.
      I guess we will see once the season starts, although there isn't a goalie in the entire country with ARD's talent. I just believe that if there is a season for a Badger team that may be a little light on talent to succeed it would be this one. Our young players from last year gained incredible experience by getting to the National Championship game. Our upperclassmen are lead by seniors that have gone to three consecutive Frozen 4's and have won the WCHA 3 years in a row. Wellhausen and Kepler were great choices as captains to lead this seasons team and we are returning the WCHA Rookie of the year in Abbey Roque. And above all a head coach like Mark Johnson will have this team ready to play whatever style necessary to win. My glass may be half full but, why not?
      Last edited by rangersrule; 08-25-2017, 01:54 PM.

Comment

I guess we will see once the season starts, although there isn't a goalie in the entire country with ARD's talent. I just believe that if there is a season for a Badger team that may be a little light on talent to succeed it would be this one. Our young players from last year gained incredible experience by getting to the National Championship game. Our upperclassmen are lead by seniors that have gone to three consecutive Frozen 4's and have won the WCHA 3 years in a row. Wellhausen and Kepler were great choices as captains to lead this seasons team and we are returning the WCHA Rookie of the year in Abbey Roque. And above all a head coach like Mark Johnson will have this team ready to play whatever style necessary to win. My glass may be half full but, why not?
        Your right, Tiley from Clarkson was better.

Comment

And from what I hear the new transfer UW goalie from North Dakota (Campbell) is the real deal.
          Maybe. I only saw her play one game, and that for < 24 minutes. Allowing 4 goals in that time didn't suggest to me that I was looking at the second coming of Jessie Vetter, and her stats overall weren't very impressive. UND had its faults last year, but I thought it's blue line was better than most. Maybe that was the seasoning she needed and she'll win the starting job for Wisco', but I expect that a few games will have to wind up as Ws before the position is hers.
          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
            Maybe. I only saw her play one game, and that for < 24 minutes. Allowing 4 goals in that time didn't suggest to me that I was looking at the second coming of Jessie Vetter, and her stats overall weren't very impressive. UND had its faults last year, but I thought it's blue line was better than most. Maybe that was the seasoning she needed and she'll win the starting job for Wisco', but I expect that a few games will have to wind up as Ws before the position is hers.
            Oh no! There is NO doubting what rodentbadger posts. Campbell is the locked in starter and a PK top 10 for sure! Don't try and get any facts in the way.

There is some additional clarity to the UW schedule....
            The October BSU series is Sat-Sun.
            The Janunary MSU series is Sat-Sun.
            The January St. Cloud series is Sat-Sun.
            The February rodent series is Fri-Sat. There is no MH or MBB on that Friday, so it looks like a night game on the 16th. Also looks like Friday night games with UMD on 12/1 and Mercyhurst on 9/29 with no other sports conflicts, very awesome that there appears to be no dreaded Friday afternoon games. One has to assume the Thursday Mercyhurst game is at night.

Hockey is only 3 weeks away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who wants some Korea BBQ on the 16th?

Comment

Oh no! There is NO doubting what rodentbadger posts. Campbell is the locked in starter. Who wants some Korea BBQ on the 16th?
              The February rodent series is Fri-Sat.....Crow will be delivered to your seat that Saturday

Comment

Originally posted by GopherBadger View Post
                The February rodent series is Fri-Sat.....Crow will be delivered to your seat that Saturday
                Ha, that would be great, but they don't allow any carry-ins @ Labahn. At this point I am planning on going to the rodent series in rodentsota, I get get some crow then maybe.

Comment

The roster is mostly up, a few pics missing and a few bios missing. Interesting that Pankowski and Clark are still listed.

I don't think any returning players changed numbers. Here's the newcomer's:

Buchbinder #2
                  Drake #10
                  Schneider #15
                  Posick #16
                  Pettet #20
                  Hanzlik #23
                  Kepler #24
                  Bowlby #27
                  Blesi #32
                  Cambell #35

There's a "Why Wisconsin?" answer from each player in the profile. Campbell answered "Because North Dakota hates women's hockey" LOL.

I am so excited to see the new players in action. I hope a bunch jump out at me like Roque, Mauermann and Steffen did last year. I really believe Mauermann's productivity will skyrocket this year playing a regular shift with more talented line-mates.
                  Last edited by Timothy A; 08-30-2017, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Interesting that Pankowski and Clark are still listed.
                    I guess they will technically still be Seniors for both years. Don't know why they are still there. I have removed them from the spreadsheet for this year.

There's a "Why Wisconsin?" answer from each player in the profile. Campbell answered "Because North Dakota hates women's hockey" LOL.
                    That kid really has something to prove. Glad that she got a chance from the Badgers.
                    Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                      I guess they will technically still be Seniors for both years. Don't know why they are still there. I have removed them from the spreadsheet for this year.
                      I do recall Kepler was listed on the roster last year, so I can see them leaving them on the list. I'd ** them on the UW website with a comment that they are playing on National teams during this season so if someone is looking at the roster who doesn't know this won't be confused. The only other question on the roster is Rolfes going to get her RS? Todd D. said he's going to try and get info on that once the season starts. Korean BBQ in 2 weeks.

Comment

Schedule is finally out with times, no ugly surprises. I like the 8 games that start @ 7. Afternoon games kinda screw up the day for other things, but of course the games are the priority. Hockey in 10 days!

Comment

9 days til FREE hockey, come 1 come all and enjoy the game.

Comment

8 days til Korean BBQ. I just hope the meat isn't tough again.

Comment

Schedule is finally out with times, no ugly surprises. I like the 8 games that start @ 7. Afternoon games kinda screw up the day for other things, but of course the games are the priority. Hockey in 10 days!
                              The most "interesting" one to me is Dec 2nd, vs UMD.

Mens basketball at Kohl Center at 4 PM.
                              Women's hockey at LaBahn, currently scheduled at 7 PM
                              Big Ten football championship (I presume) at 7 PM
                              Women's NCAA tournament volleyball (if they get home court - quite likely - and unless they get Thur-Fri instead of Fri-Sat) at the Field House 7 PM.
                              Women's basketball at Kohl Center, TBA (I assume noon ?)

What, no men's hockey?!?

Normally, they wouldn't try to go up against the Big Ten FB championship, particularly if UW is in it, but there's no other Saturday time that is even possible. Don't be surprised if this gets changed to a Sunday game.

South Korea and the Friday Lindenwood games are head-to-head against home volleyball. BOOO!

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                                The most "interesting" one to me is Dec 2nd, vs UMD.

Mens basketball at Kohl Center at 4 PM.
                                Women's hockey at LaBahn, currently scheduled at 7 PM
                                Big Ten football championship (I presume) at 7 PM
                                Women's NCAA tournament volleyball (if they get home court - quite likely - and unless they get Thur-Fri instead of Fri-Sat) at the Field House 7 PM.
                                Women's basketball at Kohl Center, TBA (I assume noon ?)

What, no men's hockey?!?

Normally, they wouldn't try to go up against the Big Ten FB championship, particularly if UW is in it, but there's no other Saturday time that is even possible. Don't be surprised if this gets changed to a Sunday game.

South Korea and the Friday Lindenwood games are head-to-head against home volleyball. BOOO!
                                Fantastic schedule analysis as usual.

5 days until Typhoon Bucky is unleashed on our unsuspecting Allies.

Comment

Working...
                                X