Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18: Every Dog Has its Day

Originally posted by Tilldog40 View Post
    4 Pts is right. I don’t think we will have to guess who is starting in goal from now on. No clue why Schultz is playing. Nothing against him but he looks like a jv player. We got smaller skill guys put some big guys out there to fill in a few spots. I would like to see more of Carrabino, I like him a lot. In the future we can’t just recruit all skill, we need some size and kids that can check.
    I'd like to see some size and attitude on defense especially.

Comment

Didn't get to watch last night, will be watching on demand via the Merrimack stream. 4 points is awesome, Primeau appears to be exactly what we needed in net. Powerplay went 3/7 over the weekend, which is wonderful. PK went 5/6, including 3-3 yesterday and only allowing 1 on the major Friday night. Merrimack's PP has been on fire the previous 3-4 weeks, so this was a good performance by the PK.

Really not a fan of getting outshot like we did last night. Again, didn't watch the game and I'm sure score effects played a role in that, but only 20 shots on net, being outshot by 9 while having multiple powerplays, it's not exactly a recipe for continued success.

Good to see Gaudette get a couple goals the way he did. Those are vintage Gaudette goals, hopefully he gets the ball rolling to wrap up the first half.
      "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

funny thing is Madigan in his post gm comments... (much like Fri) said he liked the way team came out with strong start. This is/was absolutely true for Fri's gm.. they did come out hard and had a good start with zone possession & was refreshing to see. Yet last night .. i thought we clearly got outplayed in the first period (may be a factor of 3rd gm in 5 days) or just going back to way they were playing at UConn.. yet Madigan thought they started fine, I have to disagree with him on this.. especially with regards to the 1st. He thought they came out strong. I dont think so. We were fortunate with the one timer by #8 to get something going at the end of the period there, other than that we were outshot (& outplayed) in 1st period yesterday.

Well 4pts is 4pts, take it build from here because that kind of start against BC @ the Heights nxt wknd and we are toast.
        GO NU HOCKEY
        Always bullish on the future.
        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by PPGuru View Post
          I'd like to see some size and attitude on defense especially.
          I'm actually OK (and pleasantly surprised) by the defense. Part of that pleasant surprise is the emergence of Garrett Cecere, who seems to be more than holding his own. Also agree with the previous comment on Carrabino and wouldn't be surprised to see him rotating in and out. Also surprised (not so pleasantly) at the supposed high-octane offense that seems to have been running on fumes since the two bu games. Not much coming from supporting cast (anyone seen #17 and #28 lately?) and even the Big Three aren't producing at the rate most of us thought they would.

The talent is there so hopefully they find a way to unleash the dogs at Conte.
          "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• i have a feeling as team gets deeper into the season... the one/ two goal gms will become the norm... (i feel), as opposed to the exception. least as it relates to league gms.
            GO NU HOCKEY
            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

HUGE game on Saturday. Not just for the league standings but for PWR. Our wins have been against 29 (twice), 30 (twice), 52 (twice), 55 and 56 (twice) in the PWR. Couple that with the fact our OOC schedule the rest of the way is weak, this game (and the games against PC and UNH) are huge.
              2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
              2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

polls dont mean squat so not too much stock with our top 10 ranking.. but if we are to be a top anything team.. gotta get a few of the 'big' ones. Terriers solved the Eagles at home fairly easily.. time for the Huskies to leave it all out there at the Heights. No slow starts because BC does not start slow.
                GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                  polls dont mean squat so not too much stock with our top 10 ranking.. but if we are to be a top anything team.. gotta get a few of the 'big' ones. Terriers solved the Eagles at home fairly easily.. time for the Huskies to leave it all out there at the Heights. No slow starts because BC does not start slow.
                  Just to clarify where NU is in those polls that don't mean squat: #10 in the USCHO poll (up from 12); #11 in the USA Hockey/USA Today poll (no change). By comparison, BC is #14 in both polls.

Totally and thoroughly agree with the thoughts expressed in the quote. In fact, I'd go further and characterize Saturday's game at Conte as a "must win." Time for the vaunted offense to find itself.
                  Last edited by Split-N; 12-04-2017, 02:31 PM.

Comment

I think we all know that the polls don’t mean squat but for some of us it is cool to be a top ten team. Usually we were outside the top twenty and it was fun to beat a top ten team. While it’s fun to be ranked in the polls we all know it’s about making the tournament that counts in the end. I’m looking forward to the Holiday skate as my boy is 6 and we did it last year. It’s a lot of fun if anybody is on the fence about going.
                    These are good times to be a Husky Dawg!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tilldog40 View Post
                      I think we all know that the polls don’t mean squat but for some of us it is cool to be a top ten team. Usually we were outside the top twenty and it was fun to beat a top ten team. While it’s fun to be ranked in the polls we all know it’s about making the tournament that counts in the end. I’m looking forward to the Holiday skate as my boy is 6 and we did it last year. It’s a lot of fun if anybody is on the fence about going.
                      +1 ✔
                      GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

George Makris.. true friend of NU Hockey & athletics in general over several decades.. thank you & R.I.P.
                        GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                          George Makris.. true friend of NU Hockey & athletics in general over several decades.. thank you & R.I.P.
                          Indeed. I knew George for a long time and regard him as one of the good guys of NU athletics. One of those folks who flew below the radar but was a force in developing a sustaining support base as the athletic program grew and evolved. His work in spearheading the original refurbishment/restoration of what became Matthews Arena is his most visible legacy.

Comment

• where is everyone.. anyway, Happy Holidays to all
                            Go Huskies!
                            GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

ICYI, tonight's game vs the (b)eagles is being carried online by ESPN3.

Comment

• Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                                ICYI, tonight's game vs the (b)eagles is being carried online by ESPN3.
                                thank you & Go NU
                                GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                                X