Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Games of 12/10:The team in the high Castle(ton}? Arby's and Genny! Ahhh!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
    All right. Are we done purse-fighting for the night? Is it out of everyone's system? Are we good now? (I suspect not, but we'll see...)

There's a handful of games before the calendar flips to 2017, but I'm looking farther ahead. Right now, pure speculation (and I know better than this, but it's 1 AM here and I'm going to do it anyway), but here's a rough cut of where I think we're at re: NCAA's. Taking records from collegehockeystats:

CCC - 1 bid (do they have their Pool A?) yes they do.
    ECAC-W - Utica, maybe Hobart?
    MIAC - 1 bid
    NCHA- Adrian, SNC
    NEHC: Norwich
    NESCAC: 1 bid
    SUNYAC: Oswego, Buff St, Geneseo?
    WIAC - UWSP, UWEC (1 Pool B)
    NE10 - 1 bid

Unless something really weird happens (and it usually does), upon initial look, we've got roughly 14 teams looking for 12 bids, yes?

Tell me how full of **** I am here. I know I'm missing something.
    Drop NE-10 (ineligible) and add MASCAC (1 bid)

1 pool B (ECAC-W or WIAC)
    4 pool C (figure loser of Pool B + 3 more). To get more than 1 bid, a conference needs 2 or 3 teams to runaway and hide. Having a parity conference does you no good for getting multiple teams into the NCAAs.
    Last edited by joecct; 12-11-2016, 09:18 AM.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

As for the penalties we've got to deal with

Yes. Reputations are earned. Ours isn't the best from an on-ice discipline standpoint. I've never made any bones about that. .
      With all due respect to you, Hammer, you've basically been saying the same thing in defense of Adrian going on 10 years now. They simply have shown no improvement in this regard since the programs inception.

Comment

Re: Games of 12/10:The team in the high Castle(ton}? Arby's and Genny! Ahhh!

Originally posted by hockeyfan77 View Post
        Holy crap, I read that post and was like I didn't type that...Get your own name dude, I have been on here too **** long to have people mistake me for you....
        Holly cow, I did think it was you, and that just didn't fit. Thanks for pointing this out.
        2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
        2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
        2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Starting the fight with Finlandia? When our guy got knee'd (and their guy took the DQ)?

As for the penalties we've got to deal with re: the NCAA tournament, get off your lazy *** and look at what I wrote regarding them. It's not too hard to find.

UWSP and fans (and whoever got thrown out of the arena tonight after the hit...funny we've never had anything remotely like that in our barn) have absolutely no high ground to stand on here. Where are you going to take your ball and run to if WIAC schools become irrelevant again (like they did in the old NCHA)? ACHA club hockey?

Yes. Reputations are earned. Ours isn't the best from an on-ice discipline standpoint. I've never made any bones about that. If you'd use your eyes instead of your keyboard, you'd see that. But no, you've earned your reputation on this board yourself.
          You mean like the 200 penalty minutes that UWSP committed after an Adrian player ended the career of a UWSP player on Saturday night? Wait, the Pointers only got a 2 minute bench minor after the hit and didn't retaliate like idiots? You mean there is a way to handle a situation differently? This is a shocker.
          I'm Kent...Detlefsen?

I was there for 27/92.

Comment

Originally posted by BetterInLakePlacid View Post
            You mean like the 200 penalty minutes that UWSP committed after an Adrian player ended the career of a UWSP player on Saturday night? Wait, the Pointers only got a 2 minute bench minor after the hit and didn't retaliate like idiots? You mean there is a way to handle a situation differently? This is a shocker.
            The hit on Grauer was brutal..wonder if the NCHA steps in and extends the time off for the involved Adrian player..
            SNC Men:
            Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
            NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
            SNC Women:
            O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by pete99race View Post
              The hit on Grauer was brutal..wonder if the NCHA steps in and extends the time off for the involved Adrian player..
              As long as there us video, conferences have been handing out suspensions for dangerous actions
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by BetterInLakePlacid View Post
                Wow ... I don't think I've seen a game sheet like this one in quite some time. I may have to fly out for any rematches.
                Code:
                UW-SP	06:45	Drew McLean: TRIPPING	MINOR	2 minutes
                Adrian	09:29	Austin Hervey: ROUGHING	MINOR	2 minutes
                UW-SP	09:29	Eliot Grauer: CROSS-CHECKING	MINOR	2 minutes
                Adrian	14:25	Connor Armour: SLASHING	MINOR	2 minutes
                UW-SP	14:25	Drew McLean: CROSS-CHECKING	MINOR	2 minutes
                Adrian	19:55	Brian Bachnak: ROUGHING	MINOR	2 minutes
                UW-SP	19:55	Eliot Grauer: ROUGHING	MINOR	2 minutes
                UW-SP	19:55	Eliot Grauer: UNSPORTSMANLIKE CONDUCT	MINOR	2 minutes
                Adrian	19:55	Brian Bachnak: UNSPORTSMANLIKE CONDUCT	MINOR	2 minutes
                UW-SP	19:55	Jono Davis: ROUGHING	MINOR	2 minutes
                Adrian	19:55	Cory Dunn: ROUGHING	MINOR	2 minutes
                UW-SP	19:55	Jono Davis: UNSPORTSMANLIKE CONDUCT	MINOR	2 minutes
                Adrian	19:55	Cory Dunn: UNSPORTSMANLIKE CONDUCT	MINOR	2 minutes
                UW-SP	19:55	Stephan Beauvais: CROSS-CHECKING	MINOR	2 minutes
                -- 2nd --
                Adrian	00:57	Kevin Entmaa: TRIPPING	MINOR	2 minutes
                Adrian	04:52	Cory Dunn: INTERFERENCE	MINOR	2 minutes
                Adrian	08:38	Trevor Boyd: HIGH STICKING	MINOR	2 minutes
                UW-SP	16:56	Jacob Barber: ROUGHING THE GOALIE	MINOR	2 minutes
                Adrian	16:56	Brian Bachnak: ROUGHING	MINOR	2 minutes
                UW-SP	16:56	Baxter Kanter: ROUGHING	MINOR	2 minutes
                -- 3rd --
                Adrian	04:09	Vincent Paquette: HIGH STICKING	MINOR	2 minutes
                Adrian	12:30	Trevor Boyd: ROUGHING	MINOR	2 minutes
                UW-SP	17:07	Tanner Karty: SLASHING	MINOR	2 minutes
                Adrian	19:34	Connor Armour: CHECKING FROM BEHIND	MAJOR	5 minutes
                Adrian	19:34	Connor Armour: DISQUALIFICATION	MATCH	10 minutes
                UW-SP	19:34	TEAM: BENCH	MINOR	2 minutes

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  As long as there us video, conferences have been handing out suspensions for dangerous actions
                  Sure at the D1 level. When's the last time there's been a lengthy suspension issued by a D3 conference for an on ice penalty? In any case you'd think the light would go on at Adrian eventually. In the last 10 months alone they've been involved in an embarrassing thuggish display in an NCAA Tournament game, a march of 100+ minutes to the penalty box in a game they won 10-1 and now snapped a guy's leg like a twig because UWSP had the audacity to win the game. It seems like it's Adrian involved in every single one of these - they did it in Minneapolis (player lipping off to Gosek), they did it in Adrian, they did it in Hancock and now they've done it in Steven's Point. Other teams have their moments too but certainly not as on a consistent basis as Adrian. One wonders why a team so talented can't control themselves. I guess it's either coached or allowed to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Nubs View Post
                    Sure at the D1 level. When's the last time there's been a lengthy suspension issued by a D3 conference for an on ice penalty? In any case you'd think the light would go on at Adrian eventually. In the last 10 months alone they've been involved in an embarrassing thuggish display in an NCAA Tournament game, a march of 100+ minutes to the penalty box in a game they won 10-1 and now snapped a guy's leg like a twig because UWSP had the audacity to win the game. It seems like it's Adrian involved in every single one of these - they did it in Minneapolis (player lipping off to Gosek), they did it in Adrian, they did it in Hancock and now they've done it in Steven's Point. Other teams have their moments too but certainly not as on a consistent basis as Adrian. One wonders why a team so talented can't control themselves. I guess it's either coached or allowed to happen.
                    SUNYAC just did it last week.

One to Plattsburgh
                    One to Geneseo

That's just what I know of.....just saying
                    Remy Babineaux
                    remyb616@gmail.com
                    D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Didnt see any of the doing's but I know the ref has to set the tone as well....Also after some time the refs will be quick to give out penalties,which will sooner or later cost your team wins,so the coach has to figure out what he is looking to do,win or mix it up??? As much I loved to mix it up as a player I MUCH rather win!!!!!!!
                      Last edited by bakdraft21; 12-12-2016, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Is there video of what happened with Adrian-UW-Stevens Point?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
                          Is there video of what happened with Adrian-UW-Stevens Point?
                          https://portal.stretchinternet.com/u...reamType=video

Around the 2:35 mark.
                          5x NCAA D3 Ice Hockey Champion: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                          2x Super Bowl Champion: XLII, XLVI

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Coughlin View Post
                            That's a DQ. No question. That's what the rule is in place for.

As for any intent to injure, I doubt it, especially in the last minute of a 1 goal game, and knowing Connor personally, like I do.

Nevertheless, that hit is clearly over the line, and the call is warranted. I'll leave the rest for the conference.

Again, I'm sorry that the kid got hurt. I'm obviously not privy to the extent of his injury, but I hope he's okay.
                            FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

That's a DQ. No question. That's what the rule is in place for.

As for any intent to injure, I doubt it, especially in the last minute of a 1 goal game, and knowing Connor personally, like I do.

Nevertheless, that hit is clearly over the line, and the call is warranted. I'll leave the rest for the conference.

Again, I'm sorry that the kid got hurt. I'm obviously not privy to the extent of his injury, but I hope he's okay.
                              Yea no offense Hammer, but you might want to stop while you're ahead. That is one of the cheapest plays in hockey. That close/far from the boards. A stick to the back to knock you off balance. Nevermind the two handed woodsman hack that could have been called 5 seconds before. Sorry to say, but Cole Stallard just got a 2 game SUNYAC suspension for nothing nearly as CLOSE to that.

The point people are making is, screw the conference, something like that is where the COACH needs to step in FIRST. THAT is how you earn respect as a coach/team. It is no secret what the general idea is of the Adrian program when it comes to discipline. Mistakes happen, intent to injure or not. If we are going to call ticky tack interference plays today, then I'm sorry...As a former reff, current coach, and parent....that's AT LEAST a couple more games.

By the way, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWLmiay70rY this was given a 12 game suspension. Not too much different if you ask me. He clearly is chasing him down, clearly see's his name and number (for an eternity), as the player goes to the boards he puts his stick clear on his back, and shoves just a few feet from the boards. There is NO place for that in hockey, period.
                              Remy Babineaux
                              remyb616@gmail.com
                              D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                                Yea no offense Hammer, but you might want to stop while you're ahead. That is one of the cheapest plays in hockey. That close/far from the boards. A stick to the back to knock you off balance. Nevermind the two handed woodsman hack that could have been called 5 seconds before. Sorry to say, but Cole Stallard just got a 2 game SUNYAC suspension for nothing nearly as CLOSE to that.

The point people are making is, screw the conference, something like that is where the COACH needs to step in FIRST. THAT is how you earn respect as a coach/team. It is no secret what the general idea is of the Adrian program when it comes to discipline. Mistakes happen, intent to injure or not. If we are going to call ticky tack interference plays today, then I'm sorry...As a former reff, current coach, and parent....that's AT LEAST a couple more games.

By the way, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWLmiay70rY this was given a 12 game suspension. Not too much different if you ask me. He clearly is chasing him down, clearly see's his name and number (for an eternity), as the player goes to the boards he puts his stick clear on his back, and shoves just a few feet from the boards. There is NO place for that in hockey, period.
                                Did you see the trainer nearly killed himself running out there?

I agree. That was a classic case of targeting/intent to injure. The initial slash was the proof for me. SP was coming down after stealing the puck in their own zone to try to put the game away on an empty netter, and it appears the Adrian player was going to have none of it ... at whatever cost.
                                Russell Jaslow
                                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Working...
                                X