X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2016-2017

Originally posted by Iceburg View Post
    The Shirley thing is about four months old.
    Wow, they're getting younger and younger, eh?
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
      And added. I jumped into a hornet's nest when I jumped into this thread today.
      Welcome to the party.......and it looks like Maddie Rolfes got granted a medical redshirt last year and is only a sophomore this year.

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
        And added. I jumped into a hornet's nest when I jumped into this thread today.
        Thanks for doing the chart!

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
        stashing!!!!
        He doesn't have 26 forwards on the roster.

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
        Welcome to the party.......and it looks like Maddie Rolfes got granted a medical redshirt last year and is only a sophomore this year.
        Outstanding!

Following the recruiting is so much fun. It really makes the hockey off season not quite so boring.
        Last edited by Timothy A; 08-22-2016, 09:59 PM.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          He doesn't have 26 forwards on the roster.
          A) YET!

2) Neither does anyone else

iii) Consistency is a virtue

Comment

So the team put out a tweet today promoting ticket sales.

https://***********/BadgerWHockey/st...12388252352512

The tweet has a link to the Badger ticket office. But if you use it on a mobile device, you get the lovely message...

There are no events or items on sale at this time
            Gotta love mixed messages.
            Last edited by CrazyDave; 08-23-2016, 06:56 PM.
            Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
            Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
            Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
              Thanks for the heads up on that. That's a relatively easy fix on the sheet.
              Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

it's nice that having someone transfer into your program from another WCHA team is something to get excited about
                when you have someone transfer out of the program to another top ten team because she wants more playing time,
                then you know you are a big time program

15 years ago UM had players transfer to UMD
                and UMD had players transfer to UM

wake me up when UM & UW swap players

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyDave View Post
                  So the team put out a tweet today promoting ticket sales.

https://***********/BadgerWHockey/st...12388252352512

The tweet has a link to the Badger ticket office. But if you use it on a mobile device, you get the lovely message...

Gotta love mixed messages.
                  At this point, only season tickets are available for sale. Current season ticket holders have to the end of the month to renew and then it looks like single-game seats go on sale later on in September.

Comment

Hot butter! MJ is on fire right now! Looks like Clark and Nurse were doing a little recruiting on UW's behalf. That gives UW 15 forwards for next year and only 11 for this year. Seems like he's protecting himself from losing players to the Olympics.
                    Given the fact that Pankowski and Clark are pretty much locks for the Olympics then you are really at 13 forwards.. A number that is easily manageable. A couple of next years incoming freshman are more depth type players too without the international U-18 experience that many of the other members of the team have. It's always nice to look a year ahead but, let's make sure THIS seasons Badger team plays totally to their potential. It should be a very entertaining and fun year for the fans at LaBahn Arena!
                    Last edited by pensrule; 08-24-2016, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pensrule View Post
                      Given the fact that Pankowski and Clark are pretty much locks for the Olympics then you are really at 13 forwards.. A number that is easily manageable. A couple of next years incoming freshman are more depth type players too without the international U-18 experience that many of the other members of the team have. It's always nice to look a year ahead but, let's make sure THIS seasons Badger team plays totally to their potential. It should be a very entertaining and fun year for the fans at LaBahn Arena!
                      I really enjoy the look ahead for the future quite a bit. It's in my DNA to be a planner type. Who would you categorize as depth players coming in for next year?

2016-2017 - NCAA title or bust. Anything less would be a bummer. It was a bummer last year and that team was perhaps a year ahead of schedule.

They can contend next year w/o Panny and Clark as long as Cece is a typical UW brick wall in goal. Then the next year they get them back, Oh Baby! 3 peat.
                      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I really enjoy the look ahead for the future quite a bit. It's in my DNA to be a planner type. Who would you categorize as depth players coming in for next year?

2016-2017 - NCAA title or bust. Anything less would be a bummer. It was a bummer last year and that team was perhaps a year ahead of schedule.

They can contend next year w/o Panny and Clark as long as Cece is a typical UW brick wall in goal. Then the next year they get them back, Oh Baby! 3 peat.
                        The depth players I was referring to are the ones that weren't part of either a Canadian or American U-18 team..Nothing against them at all! Just saying that when you look at the top college teams (UW, UM, BU, BC, etc.) most of their line up consists of players that have not only been to National Camp 4 years but, have also played for said U-18 National teams at least once.. The best of the best. There are 3 players coming in next season that haven't played on those teams. That doesn't mean that they won't develop over their college careers, I just don't see them having an immediate impact their freshman year. I do agree that this season NEEDS to the THE season!!

Comment

Oh Baby! 3 peat.
                          Thats sweet of you to suggest MN will 3peat but it is too early for such a bold prediction.

Comment

Thats sweet of you to suggest MN will 3peat but it is too early for such a bold prediction.
                            If the Badgers don't win it all, it will be a major disappointment. On paper they look unbeatable.

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
                              If the Badgers don't win it all, it will be a major disappointment. On paper they look unbeatable.
                              Last year was a toss-up and the results verify that, I think if they played that FF game 7 times it could easily be 4-3 either way (and it was). I thought WI would be more hungry last year and win it all. This year I think MN lost more talent than WI (not saying anything bad about the Badger kids who graduated but none of them were Brandt) so the balance seems to be even more in WI favor this year unless the new kids really shine. That said, I would still expect a 4-3 seven game series. I don't think either team has any reason to hang their head with the results of those games. Naturally I hope you are disappointed but you shouldn't be, that is a great team in Madison.

Comment

Last year was a toss-up and the results verify that, I think if they played that FF game 7 times it could easily be 4-3 either way (and it was). I thought WI would be more hungry last year and win it all. This year I think MN lost more talent than WI (not saying anything bad about the Badger kids who graduated but none of them were Brandt) so the balance seems to be even more in WI favor this year unless the new kids really shine. That said, I would still expect a 4-3 seven game series. I don't think either team has any reason to hang their head with the results of those games. Naturally I hope you are disappointed but you shouldn't be, that is a great team in Madison.
                                I agree that the teams last season were so close in talent that game 7 in a seven game series would have been a toss-up. However, I feel that the player that made the difference last season (and especially in the FF semi) was Kessel. Even at 75-80% she was the difference maker. When she re-joined the line up for the Gophers they instantly became a match up problem for the Badgers. With that being said, UW was still only a bounce away from winning that game as it could have gone either way. Both teams were so equally matched. This season UW comes in with 11 forwards that can all play and for the most part the top 3 lines from last season are pretty much in tact. 7 of the top 9 forwards are back: Pankowski, Clark, Cogan, Nurse, McKibbon, Wellhausen, and Shaver. It definitely gives the coaching staff some flexibility and lots of options on the power play. On the back end they will miss Burke but, a healthy Rolfes and the addition of Steffen should make up for that. And Obviously Desbien in net is spectacular. Minnesota will still be strong too, I just like what the Badgers have coming back vs. what the Gophers lost in Brandt and Kessel.
                                Last edited by rangersrule; 08-30-2016, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X