Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Business, Economics & Tax Policy 7: Workers of the world unite!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Business, Economics & Tax Policy 7: Workers of the world unite!

"the largest US auto exporter" means they have a lot of US employees, dip****.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      People without a silver spoon up their rears buy BMWs? It's not going to hurt the clientèle. Let them leave.
      That is extremely myopic. What happened to your call out that the tariffs would reintroduce manufacturer to America? How's that working out with Harley Davidson and now BMW leaving the USA? I haven't heard about any companies moving new and substantial manufacturing operations to our shores, have you?
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        That is extremely myopic. What happened to your call out that the tariffs would reintroduce manufacturer to America? How's that working out with Harley Davidson and now BMW leaving the USA? I haven't heard about any companies moving new and substantial manufacturing operations to our shores, have you?
        I never made any sort of a claim like that; you're merely projecting what you heard some comedian say that those evil Republicans say onto me. And you know what? If I were a business owner, I'd see the policy of the US as incredibly volatile. And evidently your sources didn't say much about Japan's investment, or even Apple manufacturing.

Comment

People without a silver spoon up their rears buy BMWs? It's not going to hurt the clientèle. Let them leave.
          The Spartanburg BMW plant, which is BMW's largest production plant in the world and employs almost 9,000 South Carolinians, produces 70% of BMW's exports globally. Spartanburg is (or was) the only producer globally for BMW's X3, X4, X5, X6, and X7. There are more BMW's produced at Spartansburg in a year than all BMW's sold in the US in a year.

But sure, let's ram it up BMW's a** because the "Don't Call It A Trade War" rages on.
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
            The Spartanburg BMW plant, which is BMW's largest production plant in the world and employs almost 9,000 South Carolinians, produces 70% of BMW's exports globally. Spartanburg is (or was) the only producer globally for BMW's X3, X4, X5, X6, and X7. There are more BMW's produced at Spartansburg in a year than all BMW's sold in the US in a year.

But sure, let's ram it up BMW's a** because the "Don't Call It A Trade War" rages on.
            It's unconstitutional for the US to tax exports. If other countries want to get all uppity and have import taxes because their globalist regimes don't dare deal with the US, that's their problem. We're not going to cow-tow and surrender to them basically giving away stuff because they've taken advantage of us for years. It's about time they contribute.

Comment

Wow.
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

This is really the tip of the iceberg on tariffs. It will result in so much carnage. Its really a mini brexit. Trump and the GOP are waay too confident in the Obama created US economic recovery.
                Go Gophers!

Comment

I wanna see aparch’s library of Flaggy gifs.
                  U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                  Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                  But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                    I wanna see aparch’s library of Flaggy gifs.
                    Probably stole a number of your ponies.

Comment

• Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                      This is really the tip of the iceberg on tariffs. It will result in so much carnage. Its really a mini brexit. Trump and the GOP are waay too confident in the Obama created US economic recovery.
                      I’m starting to get a bit worried as my job relies heavily on imports from China.

Of course since some of my coworkers voted for Trump, Scooby and co. will say I deserve it.
                      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                        I’m starting to get a bit worried as my job relies heavily on imports from China.

Of course since some of my coworkers voted for Trump, Scooby and co. will say I deserve it.
                        The 21st century is not the 1950s. We will all 'catch a cold' from this.
                        Go Gophers!

Comment

It's unconstitutional for the US to tax exports. If other countries want to get all uppity and have import taxes because their globalist regimes don't dare deal with the US, that's their problem. We're not going to cow-tow and surrender to them basically giving away stuff because they've taken advantage of us for years. It's about time they contribute.
                          Who said anything about taxing exports?
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

I never made any sort of a claim like that; you're merely projecting what you heard some comedian say that those evil Republicans say onto me. And you know what? If I were a business owner, I'd see the policy of the US as incredibly volatile. And evidently your sources didn't say much about Japan's investment, or even Apple manufacturing.
                            No, you just reply to all of Trump's doings with "Are tired of winning yet?" Or you just go with some variation of "Winning", and link to an Alex Jones YouTube video that none of us will click because we're not fools enough to give him the ad revenue.

Comment

The Embargo Act? I know it's probably not covered in the history texts anymore, but way way back when we were told that banning trade with France and England stimulated American business.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                The Embargo Act? I know it's probably not covered in the history texts anymore, but way way back when we were told that banning trade with France and England stimulated American business.
                                Not sure if that's before or after the depression. But Smoot Hawley said it all. And today's economy is now far more global and connected than it was then.
                                Go Gophers!

Comment

Working...
                                X