Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.7 - Has the left reached the acceptance stage yet?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.7 - Has the left reached the acceptance stage yet?

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    In the "suggested" links that showed up with this which een shows Faux isnt buying what the President is saying about this stuff. Watching Spicer dodge the Faux reporters questions is pretty fun I wont lie!
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Still I'd rather not have those morons fighting a guerrilla war in the foothills just west of my house. Their equivalents in the Middle East have done quite a bit of damage and they don't have the holler to hide in.
      Sacrifices need to be made for the common good Kep
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I don't want to be a Debbie Downer when everybody is having such a good time, but I am going to confess I'm personally still a little skeptical of the whole Russians and Treason thing.

Here's why: I am semi-convinced I myself couldn't have a snap chat with a Moscow hooker (not that I have!) without the NSA being aware of it, let alone if I tried to talk to any Russian of real consequence. So it seems something like Americans of real political consequence attached to the Trump campaign having clandestine communications with the Kremlin isn't the sort of thing that would easily slip by the NSA. I mean spying on these Russians is essentially their job description for the last 60 years. How did they miss it? And if they didn't miss it, and they found there was something of real consequence going on, presumably they would tell somebody. Like the White House. And presumably someone in the White House would have wanted this all out prior to the election. Or if it was post election, they'd want it out anyway, prior to the inauguration. So while anything's possible, it's also possible a loose cannon like Flynn is worried about getting caught up on some sort of technicality. I'm not figuring out how, if there's some huge smoking gun somewhere, nobody seems to know about it yet, especially given the appearance of porosity in the White House, the FBI, and the Intelligence services of late.

I'll just go put my head back in the sand now.
        Originally posted by WiscTJK
        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
        Originally posted by Timothy A
        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Holy crap...seeing the reaction to Graham bringing up lower corporate taxes at his town hall was AMAZING!

"Your last term! Your last term!"

Kep...we might be seeing something here we didnt expect.
          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
            I don't want to be a Debbie Downer when everybody is having such a good time, but I am going to confess I'm personally still a little skeptical of the whole Russians and Treason thing.

Here's why: I am semi-convinced I myself couldn't have a snap chat with a Moscow hooker (not that I have!) without the NSA being aware of it, let alone if I tried to talk to any Russian of real consequence. So it seems something like Americans of real political consequence attached to the Trump campaign having clandestine communications with the Kremlin isn't the sort of thing that would easily slip by the NSA. I mean spying on these Russians is essentially their job description for the last 60 years. How did they miss it? And if they didn't miss it, and they found there was something of real consequence going on, presumably they would tell somebody. Like the White House. And presumably someone in the White House would have wanted this all out prior to the election. Or if it was post election, they'd want it out anyway, prior to the inauguration. So while anything's possible, it's also possible a loose cannon like Flynn is worried about getting caught up on some sort of technicality. I'm not figuring out how, if there's some huge smoking gun somewhere, nobody seems to know about it yet, especially given the appearance of porosity in the White House, the FBI, and the Intelligence services of late.

I'll just go put my head back in the sand now.
            They didnt miss it...that is the whole point of what Nunes said when he tried to give Trump cover. The Intelligence Community was spying on the Russians and caught the Trumpers doing this because Trump and his cronies were too stupid not to get caught. That was literally how they got Flynn there was recordings.

Let me ask you a question...do you believe any of the BS about Hillary? Do you believe she had classified info and any of the other "illegal" stuff your side has hurled at her? I ask because there is less evidence of all that than there is that Trump and his Administration was dealing with Russia illegally.

I think "head in the sand" is an apt description...or that you are looking through "Golden" (shower) Tinted Lenses".
            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              They didnt miss it...that is the whole point of what Nunes said when he tried to give Trump cover. The Intelligence Community was spying on the Russians and caught the Trumpers doing this because Trump and his cronies were too stupid not to get caught.
              It's even worse than that. The Trumpies thought they were being smart: they would set up a situation where their accusers would need access to the content of the phone calls to prove they lied, but then they would never allow that content to be exposed. Basically they were playing the tax return gambit except on their phone records.

But being caught secondarily on taps of the Russian phones means that the fact of them being caught is the exposure of their lies. We don't even need the content to prove the initial accusation and also to tell that the Trumpies lied, and that certain Trumpies perjured themselves.

These dopes actually did it to themselves, that's what's so amazing. This is Nixon and Dean and the tapes all over again. These people have learned nothing since 1972. My God, even Reagan knew enough to just sit there like a drooling door stop.

Every Republican administration in the last fifty years has been guilty of criminal obstruction of justice. Maybe that just goes hand-in-hand with running a government whose sole purpose is to extract wealth and hand it over to wealthy bribers.
              Last edited by Kepler; 03-31-2017, 12:45 PM.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Holy ****. I tangentially know one of the people involved in the Nunes thing. Michael Ellis graduated a couple of years after I did from Dartmouth.

He always struck me as a traditional conservative, but reading singe of his post college bio, I'm not sure.

Comment

The story so far, I guess.
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

They didnt miss it...that is the whole point of what Nunes said when he tried to give Trump cover. The Intelligence Community was spying on the Russians and caught the Trumpers doing this because Trump and his cronies were too stupid not to get caught. That was literally how they got Flynn there was recordings.

Right, that is my point. There were recordings of Flynn. There are recordings of all the Russians. There are watchers.

The FBI and advisors within the Obama White House have reviewed the Flynn recordings. Did they get Flynn selling the Ruskis the Statue of Liberty on them? Where's the smoking gun? Is Flynn under arrest? Why not?
                    Originally posted by WiscTJK
                    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                    Originally posted by Timothy A
                    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Right, that is my point. There were recordings of Flynn. There are recordings of all the Russians. There are watchers.

The FBI and advisors within the Obama White House have reviewed the Flynn recordings. Did they get Flynn selling the Ruskis the Statue of Liberty on them? Where's the smoking gun? Is Flynn under arrest? Why not?
                      Well, given how short of time we are into this administration, I'm not sure how you can expect instant work on it. How many years did the Hillary thing go on? It takes a lot of effort and proof to prosecute anyone, let alone a government official.

Time will tell.

One thing that don's guys keep pointing out- they have been recorded doing something.

And one of my points bears repeating- they are dumber than rocks if they did get recorded talking to Russians. Seriously- once don became the R's nominee, he did start to get intel briefings. I'd be pretty confident that he was informed that Russians were part of routine recording, as well as some suspicions that they were already involved in hacking the Democrats. If he didn't tell his people to keep their heads down in the face of that- I personally don't think they are qualified to run anything, as it's the most obvious thing not to do in a very long time.

Do we want people that stupid running things? I don't.

Comment

You do understand they dont need a smoking gun right? He wasnt supposed to be talking to them in the first place let alone giving them assurances that the sanctions against them would be lifted. (which we found out in the early leak) The smoking gun was the call itself.

If they didnt do anything wrong, why do they keep lying and stonewalling? Why did Flynn get fired? Why did the Justice Department warn them about what was going on? If there is nothing there why is everyone acting like something is there?

Nice dodge of the Hillary question though...
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                          Well, given how short of time we are into this administration, I'm not sure how you can expect instant work on it. How many years did the Hillary thing go on? It takes a lot of effort and proof to prosecute anyone, let alone a government official.

Time will tell.

One thing that don's guys keep pointing out- they have been recorded doing something.

And one of my points bears repeating- they are dumber than rocks if they did get recorded talking to Russians. Seriously- once don became the R's nominee, he did start to get intel briefings. I'd be pretty confident that he was informed that Russians were part of routine recording, as well as some suspicions that they were already involved in hacking the Democrats. If he didn't tell his people to keep their heads down in the face of that- I personally don't think they are qualified to run anything, as it's the most obvious thing not to do in a very long time.

Do we want people that stupid running things? I don't.
                          Flynn was a big wig in Intelligence and even he was dumb enough to get recorded. (by both sides!)
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Flynn was a big wig in Intelligence and even he was dumb enough to get recorded. (by both sides!)
                            Yeah, but Flynn is an idiot. Look up "Flynn facts" sometime. I have no idea how the guy got to run the DIA when everybody with a smidgen of sense who met him said he was a fool.

It doesn't surprise me in the least Flynn got caught. There are a lot of people walking around this town with fancy titles who really know next to nothing about tradecraft. It's always been first and foremost a political town.
                            Last edited by Kepler; 03-31-2017, 01:44 PM.
                            Cornell University

Comment

Much like Watergate, this is likely to take a couple of years to fully unravel. Impeachment and removal will only be worth it if a subsequent criminal trial for treason is held which leads to him (and others) getting a one-way ticket to ADX Florence. Otherwise, he'll be able to still have rallies and look like a martyr to the unwashed rubes who pulled the lever for him.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                Much like Watergate, this is likely to take a couple of years to fully unravel. Impeachment and removal will only be worth it if a subsequent criminal trial for treason is held which leads to him (and others) getting a one-way ticket to ADX Florence. Otherwise, he'll be able to still have rallies and look like a martyr to the unwashed rubes who pulled the lever for him.
                                Nobody in this administration, let alone the Dumpster Himself, is going to supermax. The Iran-Contra and Iraq War criminals never even sniffed a subpoena. The rules have changed and federal pols are just another breed of white collar criminal now. Prison is for little people, not the ruling class.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X