Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats-The Back Nine and Beyond!

In today's presser Coach Umile confirms everyone (with the exception of Sacco) will be playing which of course means Eiserman! Some mention of line variations with the addition of him but nothing specific. He was upbeat about the upcoming weekend, trying not to look beyond them with Providence looming. (his words) They also interviewed Liam Blackburn and one other player (missed that part) about drills they had been doing, working on scoring, etc.
    Last edited by HockeyRef; 11-21-2017, 03:22 PM.
    Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
      I like the idea of trying something new with the lines.

But, I would like to see the BvR-Blackburn-Grasso line back together again every night; over the last 7 games, they are 2-3, 3-2, and 0-3 in goals/assists, which does not sound that great, but it would be a lot better than any other line combination over that time frame. Maybe move Nazarian (3-2) up to the first line with McNicholas (1-4) and Kelleher (0-2)? The, Salvaggio-Vela-Fregona on the third line?
      If Eiserman is apparently back, I would like to see:
      1) Nazarian-McNicolas-Kelleher
      2) BvR-Blackburn-Grasso
      3) Salvaggio-Vela-Eiserman
      4) Miller-Fregona-MacAdams

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
        2) BvR-Blackburn-Grasso
        I like that line up sir...esp your top line selections.
        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Here would be my lineup. I'm going by numbers only since I am on my phone.

22-17-23
          7-26-20
          10-11-12
          25-13-19

Here is the reason I bump McNick down. He is absolutely awful on the faceoff. Vela and Blackburn are the only two consistent winners we have in the circle. In my opinion a lot of the issues that first line is having stem from lack of initial possession. If you waste half of your shift trying to get the puck in your defensive zone, what kind of opportunities are you going to create?

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
            2) BvR-Blackburn-Grasso
            Yup! Like it!
            UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by deltabravo62 View Post
              Here would be my lineup. I'm going by numbers only since I am on my phone.

22-17-23
              7-26-20
              10-11-12
              25-13-19

Here is the reason I bump McNick down. He is absolutely awful on the faceoff. Vela and Blackburn are the only two consistent winners we have in the circle. In my opinion a lot of the issues that first line is having stem from lack of initial possession. If you waste half of your shift trying to get the puck in your defensive zone, what kind of opportunities are you going to create?
              I cannot remember if you were here for the FOW wars a couple of years ago, DB62? These were only surpassed by the SOG wars.

Comment

2017-18 Face off % W/L
                Vela .576 72/53
                Cefalu .517 30/28
                McNicholas .464 108/125
                Miller .448 13/16
                Blackburn .427 85/114
                Last edited by C-H-C; 11-21-2017, 08:29 PM.
                The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
                  2017-18 Face off % :
                  Vela .576
                  Cefalu .517
                  McNicholas .464
                  Miller .448
                  Blackburn .427
                  I'm surprised Blackburn's pct is so low. My sense was going by how I saw things happening in the games. Not surprised that Cefalu is high up there either, he just has less faceoffs in the game so I have not noticed as much.

Comment

Wishing everyone on the board and beyond a great Thanksgiving! Maybe see some of you at the Yale game. 😉
                    Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                      2) BvR-Blackburn-Grasso
                      I think I’d reorder them 2, 3, 1, 4. I would definitely trade out Miller for Cefalu. That combination has looked good every time they’ve been together.
                      As for not posting much, I don’t want 1932 to yell at me for being too negative. 😉
                      Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

• Originally posted by Aerman View Post
                        I think I’d reorder them 2, 3, 1, 4. I would definitely trade out Miller for Cefalu. That combination has looked good every time they’ve been together.
                        As for not posting much, I don’t want 1932 to yell at me for being too negative. 😉
                        I am somewhat surprised that we did not hear from 1932 immediately following our 5-0-0 start.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Comment

Happy T-Bird day peeps
                          UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

HappyThanksgiving to Wildcats everywhere.

And even black bears, eagles, terriers, hawks, etc. etc. etc.
                            Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

FYI - Merrimack is having a black Friday sale on all their remaining home games. Tickets for the UNH game are only $10.00 (No Fees).
                              http://www.themackreport.com/news/me...ockey-tickets/

Comment

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                                FYI - Merrimack is having a black Friday sale on all their remaining home games. Tickets for the UNH game are only $10.00 (No Fees).
                                http://www.themackreport.com/news/me...ockey-tickets/
                                Thanks for the heads up on that they are usually 25.00! Hope you had a good Thanksgiving! **Purchased 3 tix tonight so appreciate the tip on the tickets.
                                Last edited by HockeyRef; 11-24-2017, 06:14 PM.
                                Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Working...
                                X