X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.20 - Doddering Dotards Dodging Detente

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    He left a game. Whoop-dee-doo.
    He did so precisely to make the statement. That was his whole point; we all know that. It was a declaration. He did not just leave a football game. You have more sense than that, Brent.

Comment

And Trump tweeted he told him to leave. Pence didn’t do that of his own free will.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        And Trump tweeted he told him to leave. Pence didn’t do that of his own free will.
        Children leading children.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          Had obama done that you'd be so butthurt you'd be walking funny for a week.
          You didn't know there was potentially another reason for the trip til after you posted your original rant. MNS posted that after you said you didn't think it was a big deal.

Good to know you don't care about taxpayer money funding stunts like this.

Comment

He went to a game with the intention of leaving and making a show of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
              Had obama done that you'd be so butthurt you'd be walking funny for a week.
              You didn't know there was potentially another reason for the trip til after you posted your original rant. MNS posted that after you said you didn't think it was a big deal.

Good to know you don't care about taxpayer money funding stunts like this.
              If Obama left, whoop-dee-doo. Honest. Again, the "taxpayer money" argument is BS. If he said the protest was bs, but stayed the whole game, I really believe not as much outrage would be shown. The same money was spent.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                Stolen from Facebook:
                Clooney is a womanizer, but I love that response.

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                  He flew in for the unveiling of a Peyton Manning statue. He wasn't supposed to leave IND for LAX until after the game.
                  I am not sure that wasn't part of the plan...

Comment

If Obama left, whoop-dee-doo. Honest. Again, the "taxpayer money" argument is BS. If he said the protest was bs, but stayed the whole game, I really believe not as much outrage would be shown. The same money was spent.
                    Brent is not a Trumptard. You guys need to calm down.

Still, Pence is a useful idiot for Dump.

Comment

No.
                      First off I don't think I feel too hot with my money being spent for a football game when there are people in the country without essentials.

More importantly having my tax dollars spent so some guy could go to a game to walk out because the Prez told him to is ridiculous. If he said the protest was bs but stayed he wouldn't have spent hundreds of thousands of $ to fly there with an entourage of secret service, changed the plan for security for the whole event for a few minutes. Spending money just to throw a tantrum is not money well spent. You cannot possibly view the world as so simplistically. Cost/benefit ratio is something that comes to mind. If he were to go somewhere for a few minutes and actually do something that forwarded the country's interests I am all in. I am not all in if he is acting at the behest of a spoiled, narcissistic, sociopath man-child who is perserevating on a subject that is distracting from what he should be doing.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        Brent is not a Trumptard. You guys need to calm down.

Still, Pence is a useful idiot for Dump.
                        Brent is not a Trumptard; he is a good poster here. This is about Pence, who is a Trumptard, and what he did may have been advantageous politically, but it was wrong. And if Brent gives him a pass, he is going to get caught in the crossfire.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
                          Brent is not a Trumptard; he is a good poster here. This is about Pence, who is a Trumptard, and what he did may have been advantageous politically, but it was wrong. And if Brent gives him a pass, he is going to get caught in the crossfire.
                          Fair enough, and yes Pensive is a gutless turd.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                            Pence isn't a trumptard either. But, he and brent have no problem bending themselves into pretzels to defend everything about the trumptards. I'd argue that's actually worse.

Comment

If Pence had stayed the whole game, it's a different narrative. I really don't believe he knew if the 49ers were going to kneel or not, since many teams have altered their approaches this past week, due to outcry.

So, the 49ers kneeled, Pence said F that, and here we are.

I am giving a pass to Pence because he was not there in official capacity (to my knowledge) as any part of ceremony/presentation/etc. He is required to have Secret Service protection (dunno about waiving rules enough to comment). I personally agree with his stance of not supporting the Kneeling, but I would have handled it a different way.

My main point is, many here say "FREE SPEECH" and when Pence does it, within confines of the law, he gets condemned. I don't really like that. He's not taking any legal action to suppress, he's not prohibiting their speech in any way. He left a game, and stated why he left the game. I also stand by my statement that if Obama did the same thing, I'd have the same reaction.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

If Pence had stayed the whole game, it's a different narrative. I really don't believe he knew if the 49ers were going to kneel or not, since many teams have altered their approaches this past week, due to outcry.

So, the 49ers kneeled, Pence said F that, and here we are.

I am giving a pass to Pence because he was not there in official capacity (to my knowledge) as any part of ceremony/presentation/etc. He is required to have Secret Service protection (dunno about waiving rules enough to comment). I personally agree with his stance of not supporting the Kneeling, but I would have handled it a different way.

My main point is, many here say "FREE SPEECH" and when Pence does it, within confines of the law, he gets condemned. I don't really like that. He's not taking any legal action to suppress, he's not prohibiting their speech in any way. He left a game, and stated why he left the game. I also stand by my statement that if Obama did the same thing, I'd have the same reaction.
                                He is VICE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES. He makes a public declaration like that and you think he is speaking as just another schmuck? You think he is stupid enough to believe that is the case?

Comment

Working...
                                X