Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seems like the coaches are looking for skill and speed up front regardless of size. Weissbach seems to be a great late pickup considering UW beat out Denver and Michigan. He was rated 4.5 out of 5 stars by Neutral zone. I think this team is going to really fun to watch when they have it filled with th type of players they feel best fits their system. With speed and skill up front and high-end defensemen making good outlet passes and jumping up into the play, I'm excited for the future.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

Wisconsin gets a commitment from Burnsville MN forward Roman Ahcan. He is the brother of St Cloud State defenseman Jack Ahcan.

Comment

• Originally posted by herbst20 View Post
        Wisconsin gets a commitment from Burnsville MN forward Roman Ahcan. He is the brother of St Cloud State defenseman Jack Ahcan.
        He seems to have had a good year with Burnsville this year but it's tough to judge his potential off one season of actual offensive output.

Saying that, I like the get. Jack Ahcan is a great player at SCSU and if Roman is anywhere near his brother we should be in good shape.

Does anyone know where all this scholarship money is coming from? Or is G2O somehow convincing above average players to take less scholarship to come to Wisconsin?

This turnaround if happening way faster than we all predicted.
        WISCONSIN BADGERS
        NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
        WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
        WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
        B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
        Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

I've added Ahcan to the spreadsheet, putting him in as enrolling in '19.
          Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

• Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
            I've added Ahcan to the spreadsheet, putting him in as enrolling in '19.
            If he commits when would rizzo come in?
            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
              I would tend to think that '18-'19 would be a possibility for him. I would think that there could be some space due to early departures and players de-commiting.

Comment

Whenever he wants to!!! I would guess as he turns 16 this Summer that he would spend a couple seasons with Penticton and then show up for the 2019/20 season unless he is some prodigy academically and can somehow manage to enroll as a barely 17 year old for 2018/19.

Comment

As soon as he wants is what I'm guessing.

I love the global recruiting net G2O have cast.
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by markwojo View Post
                    Whenever he wants to!!! I would guess as he turns 16 this Summer that he would spend a couple seasons with Penticton and then show up for the 2019/20 season unless he is some prodigy academically and can somehow manage to enroll as a barely 17 year old for 2018/19.
                    Yeah, I goofed that one up and lost track of the years. '19-'20 would probably be most likely.

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
                      Seems like the coaches are looking for skill and speed up front regardless of size. Weissbach seems to be a great late pickup considering UW beat out Denver and Michigan. He was rated 4.5 out of 5 stars by Neutral zone. I think this team is going to really fun to watch when they have it filled with th type of players they feel best fits their system. With speed and skill up front and high-end defensemen making good outlet passes and jumping up into the play, I'm excited for the future.

Comment

bump over spammers
                        gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Wyatt Kalynuk clip....

Comment

• Badger recruits Owen Lindmark and Alex Turcotte have been picked for the USNTDP Selection camp along with Cole Caufield who is from Stevens Point and committed to Ohio State. http://www.usahockeyntdp.com/news_article/show/766461?referrer_id=654408

31 of 46 invitees are already committed to a college, underscoring why G2O is out grabbing kids far into the future.

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
                              Badger recruits Owen Lindmark and Alex Turcotte have been picked for the USNTDP Selection camp along with Cole Caufield who is from Stevens Point and committed to Ohio State. http://www.usahockeyntdp.com/news_ar...rrer_id=654408

31 of 46 invitees are already committed to a college, underscoring why G2O is out grabbing kids far into the future.
                              Good point, though the risk is high the younger you go, however, as long as the USDP is looking at them it's hard to miss.
                              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                                Good point, though the risk is high the younger you go, however, as long as the USDP is looking at them it's hard to miss.
                                The only risk in going young is a PR hit. There is nothing binding on either party to engage in the verbal commitment game. If a kid doesn't develop to the expectations of the coaching staff of the school he has given a verbal to, there is the old stop answering the phone trick if not just manning up and telling the kid they need to go to junior and get better to grab a spot the next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X