Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Wolverines 2016-2017 Season

Originally posted by Happy View Post
    Looks like my chemical engineering degree would really help out.
    I doubt it...
    Originally posted by alfablue
    Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
    Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
    I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by RapidsCity View Post
      Who knew Beavis went to Michigan.
      Beavis is more intelligent than Butthead (every Lake State student).
      I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Any thoughts on all of the former-Wolverines at Worlds currently?

Compher, Trouba, Copp, and Larkin.
        Last edited by UMICH; 05-14-2017, 02:08 AM.

Comment

Any serious predictions for next year? Will Mel be able to instantly clean-up the deficiencies? He, of course sounded optimistic at his presser, but do you think that it's as simple as he says? Where will we finish next year?

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
            Any serious predictions for next year? Will Mel be able to instantly clean-up the deficiencies? He, of course sounded optimistic at his presser, but do you think that it's as simple as he says? Where will we finish next year?
            I never make predictions, but this team with one season under it's belt will get better, even if Red stayed. Then add the new guys that are coming, and I'd at least guess that we will be better than last year.

Comment

The right coach has an immediate impact. And even though people talk about a coach "needing to get his recruits in place" all the time, I call BS on that notion. You will know whether or not hiring Mel was a home run by early in his second season. My guess? That ball is probably going a long way.

Comment

Techies it has been posted, that typically indicates that a decision has been reached.

https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=88...ecommendedjobs

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                  I never make predictions, but this team with one season under it's belt will get better, even if Red stayed. Then add the new guys that are coming, and I'd at least guess that we will be better than last year.
                  I agree with your entire post. There were a lot of young guys laying last year. And the topper is that there weren't enough young studs (i.e. Larkin, Connor, etc. types).

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                    The right coach has an immediate impact. And even though people talk about a coach "needing to get his recruits in place" all the time, I call BS on that notion. You will know whether or not hiring Mel was a home run by early in his second season. My guess? That ball is probably going a long way.
                    I hope that you are correct, and I also fully believe that you are. Years ago when Mel left the Asst. job at Michigan to take the Head Coaching job at Tech I was under the impression that he just did that to gain Head Coaching experience. I thought that he'd come back to Michigan in 3 to 4 years. But then Coach Berenson wouldn't leave and until this year, there really wasn't much to complain about. Add in the fact that Mel turned around Tech so quickly and he was worshipped like a God up there, that led me to think that he was staying. Then I heard to Cole news and that sealed it for me, Mel was staying in Houghton. I'm not sure exactly what happened (Cole heard about the sparty job, Mel wanted the Michigan job, alumni wanting Mel, etc.) and we'll probably never know for sure but it all worked out for us.

Mel was cut from the Coach Berenson cloth, it should work out great. Look at what he did for Tech. I am trying to temper my expectations though.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                      Techies it has been posted, that typically indicates that a decision has been reached.

https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=88...ecommendedjobs
                      It was posted externally April 26.
                      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                        It was posted externally April 26.
                        And I just saw it today, what does that tell you?

Comment

That you didn't apply.

Comment

That you're an utter moron?
                            2005-2006: 7-25-6
                            2006-2007: 18-17-5
                            2007-2008: 14-20-5
                            2008-2009: 6-25-7
                            2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

that you're probably creaming you pants at the thought of annoying us with your ******** crap again?
                              Last edited by Shirtless Guy; 05-15-2017, 08:45 AM.
                              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

That Mom wouldn't let you out of the basement to play with her computer.

Comment

Working...
                                X