• Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.25: Oh Jesus, What Now

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    John Bolton.
    précisément
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      This is the stuff people who watch FNC believe. It's sad but it's true, he's not joking.
      Lol, I actually watch much more CNN than Fox News. I’m not saying other leaders have a lot of respect for him or think he’s some sort of rocket surgeon, but I do think they enjoy his company. What would they have thought of Hillary? I can’t imagine she would have been held in very high regard by other world leaders and think the genuinely crazy ones would have put her/us in a dangerous position because of her gender. Someone asked for a reason for Trump over her and that is the best I can come up with.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
        Lol, I actually watch much more CNN than Fox News. I’m not saying other leaders have a lot of respect for him or think he’s some sort of rocket surgeon, but I do think they enjoy his company. What would they have thought of Hillary? I can’t imagine she would have been held in very high regard by other world leaders and think the genuinely crazy ones would have put her/us in a dangerous position because of her gender. Someone asked for a reason for Trump over her and that is the best I can come up with.
        Fair enough. I don't find your reasons remotely convincing. I can't imagine a single world leader without nefarious designs on the US national interest would prefer Dump to Hillary. And I don't think you understand the utter disgust with Dump and his Deplorables in the rest of the world outside a few pockets of white nationalism and authoritarianism. As long as he is president we are the laughingstock of the world. Worse, every leader knows the US cannot be trusted. The world doesn't stop for us, it moves forward. And as was said in a different context, if you're not at the table you're on the menu.
        Cornell University
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

You realize she was secretary of state and had a great relationship with leaders all around the world.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Fair enough. I don't find your reasons remotely convincing. I can't imagine a single world leader without nefarious designs on the US national interest would prefer Dump to Hillary. And I don't think you understand the utter disgust with Dump and his Deplorables in the rest of the world outside a few pockets of white nationalism and authoritarianism. As long as he is president we are the laughingstock of the world. Worse, every leader knows the US cannot be trusted. The world doesn't stop for us, it moves forward. And as was said in a different context, if you're not at the table you're on the menu.
            Did China respect Obama when they stole all the land in the South China Sea? We’ve been deluded for a long time about how much other counties have respected us.

Comment

Did China respect Obama when they stole all the land in the South China Sea? We’ve been deluded for a long time about how much other counties have respected us.
              All the more reason not to replace him with a craven weakling.
              Cornell University

Comment

Countries do things in their own interest all the time. It's not like we're running everything you know. Right now we're completely checked out everywhere. And that's not good for us or for anybody else. But, you go John Bolton on the bit if you want.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

All the more reason not to replace him with a craven weakling.
                  But Hillary was the answer?

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                    If the question was her or Trump, then yes.

Comment

jfc

Comment

Frank Montoya, Jr., a former FBI special agent who served as the Director of the Office of the National Counterintelligence Executive, soon after told Business Insider, “There is a lot of anger in the FBI … over how this president will say nary a negative word about the Russians, but will insult us every chance he gets.”
                        Yeah, this isn't a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                          I know literally nothing about this nominee so I'm not here to comment on whether he should or should not be a judge, but the whole "how many depositions have you taken" or "when was the last time you sat down and read the rules of civil procedure" line of questions are kind of b.s., imho.

Take someone like Ruth Ginsburg. IIRC, she went straight from law school to academia and then onto the bench. She seems plenty capable enough.

I'm sure that lawyers who appear in district court appreciate a judge who is well-seasoned in trials and trial procedure, but if you limit judicial candidates to only those people you are probably eliminating a lot of very bright, very qualified candidates.
                          You apparently know very little of RBG's background. Not only did she clerk for a judge, but she also litigated numerous cases. Hell, she argued a half-dozen cases in front of the Supreme Court, and is largely responsible for extending the 14th Amendment's Equal Protection Clause to women.

My guess is she would know what a Motion in limine is, and might be able to venture a guess at the Daubert standard. Those are things district court judges deal with constantly. I would be appalled if my next judge in either state or district court did not know what either were. I mean, would you take your car to a mechanic who didn't know what an oil filter was?
                          North Dakota
                          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                            My guess is she would know what a Motion in limine is,
                            we want our judges to know english, mkay?!?!

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              we want our judges to know english, mkay?!?!

Well, a district court judge should know what a 702 motion is ab initio.
                              North Dakota
                              National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                                Yes.

Comment

Working...
                                X