• NC$$ Title: Clarkson vs Wisconsin

GAME DAY

From the Clarkson Roundtable

Big Ten Men's Tournament
    Semifinals: Penn State def. Minnesota 4–3
    Championship: Penn State def. Wisconsin 2–1

NCAA Women's Tournament
    Semifinals: Clarkson def. Minnesota 4–3
    Championship: Clarkson vs. Wisconsin (???)

How can Clarkson make it happen?

Tiley has to play a perfect game: control those rebounds
    Crash the net and look for tip in's or redirects on Desbiens (That is how they scored 2 in game 1 at Cheel)
    Stay out of the box
    Score on the PP
    Score 1 more than Wisco

Only 1 team has scored more than 2 on Wisco this season. Clarkson will probably have to be the 2nd team to do it to win.
    May the best team win

LGT LGT LGT
    Last edited by vicb; 03-19-2017, 06:11 AM.
    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
    And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Re: NC$$ Title: Clarkson vs Wisconsin

Originally posted by vicb View Post

Only 1 team has scored more than 2 on Wisco this season.
    ...And Desbiens wasn't in net that day.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
      Forgot to look up that game to see who was in goal . So let me put it this way:

Clarkson will probably have to be the first team this season to score more than 2 goals against ARD to win NC$$ Title #2.
      Gonna be a daunting task but in 2014 who would of thunk them getting 5 against Minny .
      Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
      And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
      WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
      If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
        serious question (I don't feel like looking up & someone here probably knows without digging) How many times was UW blanked this season & how many times held to a single goal? Can't imagine that is a big number of games

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
          serious question (I don't feel like looking up & someone here probably knows without digging) How many times was UW blanked this season & how many times held to a single goal? Can't imagine that is a big number of games
          Wisconsin 5 single goal games and 2 shutouts (7 goals in 2 games against CCT)
          Clarkson 5 single goal games and 0 shutouts (3 goals in 2 games against ARD)

On the other end
          Wisconsin 18 shutouts
          Clarkson 5 shutsouts
          Last edited by vicb; 03-19-2017, 10:36 AM.
          WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO

Comment

Forgot to look up that game to see who was in goal . So let me put it this way:

Clarkson will probably have to be the first team this season to score more than 2 goals against ARD to win NC$$ Title #2.
            Gonna be a daunting task but in 2014 who would of thunk them getting 5 against Minny .
            Except ARD is not a sophomore as was the Gopher goalie with her first appearance in the FF in 2014. I still see a close game for 2 periods, maybe 1-1 with the Badgers pulling away with a couple in the 3rd. Of course, this is from someone who predicted a BC/UM final so...
            "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

GAME DAY

How can Clarkson make it happen?

Tiley has to play a perfect game: control those rebounds
              Crash the net and look for tip in's or redirects on Desbiens (That is how they scored 2 in game 1 at Cheel)
              Stay out of the box
              Score on the PP
              Score 1 more than Wisco

Only 1 team has scored more than 2 on Wisco this season. Clarkson will probably have to be the 2nd team to do it to win.
              May the best team win
              Good analysis how Clarkson can spring the upset. I would also add a fortunate bounce here and there. Also think that Clarkson doesn't necessarily have to score more than 2 goals to win. Friday's semifinal was a good example. While the Badgers controlled the last half of the game, it took a late seeing-eye shot from the point for the lone goal to win. If Wisconsin loses, it will much more likely be a 1-0 or 2-1 game. I've seen the Badger offense "struggle" much more often than Desbiens/team defense play a bad game.

Comment

Wisconsin 5 single goal games and 2 shutouts (7 goals in 2 games against CCT)
                Clarkson 5 single goal games and 0 shutouts (3 goals in 2 games against ARD)

On the other end
                Wisconsin 18 shutouts
                Clarkson 5 shutsouts
                Thanks! I thought they had been shutout more than twice because UM did it twice & UMD held them to 1 at least once. A very impressive showing though and they are going to be very hard to deny.

Comment

The Clarkson band gets excited every time they clear the puck from their zone.

Comment

CU not looking as quick as they did on Friday.

Power play is terrible so far. Can't seem to control the puck on their sticks and lots of giveaways.

Nice to see that they have a colour commentator for this game. Who is she?

Is this ice surface the Olympic size? Looks bigger than usual.

How's the ice today in person?

Comment

22 game unbeaten streak..."Unheard of" you say... Well I suppose at least since last year.
                      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

BTN won't load on my computer or phone so far. This sucks that the game isn't being broadcast on NCAA.com. Anyone have any suggestions on how to watch this game?

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post

How's the ice today in person?
                          How's the video today in person? BTN not very friendly to the east coast. (Never thought I'd miss the NC$$.)

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                            BTN won't load on my computer or phone so far. This sucks that the game isn't being broadcast on NCAA.com. Anyone have any suggestions on how to watch this game?
                            Plenty of seats still available.

Comment

Originally posted by thirdtime's . . . View Post
                              How's the video today in person? BTN not very friendly to the east coast. (Never thought I'd miss the NC$$.)
                              Watching on the wide screen TV...BTN.

Comment

Working...
                              X