X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA `16-17 Let's end this thing with a BANG

Originally posted by Suze View Post
    https://www.adn.com/sports/uaa-athle...nhls-capitals/

As much as I will miss Mason, he made a smart decision. Good luck to him!!
    *financial, smart we will have to see. For every Glencross/Beagle/and Wescott there is: JJ/Clark/ and Crowder. I think if you broke it down, the majority of our players that played in the NHL or AHL left early. JJ is the only player I can think of off the top of my head that played his full four years and made it to the show.

On a related note, sad to see Bailey over in Sweden playing. After 2.5 seasons in the AHL, putting up paltry numbers, really thought he was gonna make it to NHL. Of course he still can. Bailey's monster season appears to be now just good chemistry and lines. Tatchell ain't doing so hot in the ECHL, Kwas is killing in the ECHL, Allen is sorta struggling like Bailey did when he was in the AHL, Cameron is doing alright in the ECHL, etc.
    Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
      *financial, smart we will have to see. For every Glencross/Beagle/and Wescott there is: JJ/Clark/ and Crowder. I think if you broke it down, the majority of our players that played in the NHL or AHL left early. JJ is the only player I can think of off the top of my head that played his full four years and made it to the show.

On a related note, sad to see Bailey over in Sweden playing. After 2.5 seasons in the AHL, putting up paltry numbers, really thought he was gonna make it to NHL. Of course he still can. Bailey's monster season appears to be now just good chemistry and lines. Tatchell ain't doing so hot in the ECHL, Kwas is killing in the ECHL, Allen is sorta struggling like Bailey did when he was in the AHL, Cameron is doing alright in the ECHL, etc.
      Clarky played four years for us.
      Originally Posted by aparch
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Hearing there's some legislative intent language coming out to have UAA come down to 10 teams.
        “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
          Hearing there's some legislative intent language coming out to have UAA come down to 10 teams.
          If true, I knew it...there goes Hockey, Gymnastics and probably Men's indoor track.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
            If true, I knew it...there goes Hockey, Gymnastics and probably Men's indoor track.
            Why do you think that? Earlier they were going to cut the ski teams as well as track.
            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Clarky played four years for us.
              And so did JJ. Crowder doesn't belong with JJ and Clark but he stayed three years unlike Glencorss(2)/Beags(2)/and Westcott(1).
              Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Why do you think that? Earlier they were going to cut the ski teams as well as track.
                I don't think the hockey program will be on the block this season, the Aces gone, support we showed last summer, the increase in revenue this season. But we all now what direction UAA likes to go.

Comment

I don't think the hockey program will be on the block this season,
                  I know after a few postcards hit north they reported hockey saved next year.......now cub reporter Squarebanks chirped that the Juneau gang has written some instructions for the B o R to banish some UAA teams as then they can say with a straight face.......we were ordered to.

Bottom line UAA is toast..... We ain’t the bush.
                  Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                  UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Chase Van Allen University of Alaska Anchorage Seawolves hockey player has signed a Pro contract
                    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                      Chase Van Allen University of Alaska Anchorage Seawolves hockey player has signed a Pro contract
                      With the Aces. When you said "pro", I was hoping for more than the Aces.

http://alaskaaces.com/news/aces/2017...hase-van-allen
                      Last edited by Suze; 03-04-2017, 08:04 PM.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
                        With the Aces. When you said "pro", I was hoping for more than the Aces.

http://alaskaaces.com/news/aces/2017...hase-van-allen
                        'Tis a stepping stone. He is a local kid, makes sense to easily finish your degree while getting paid to play.

Comment

'Tis a stepping stone. He is a local kid, makes sense to easily finish your degree while getting paid to play.
                          I agree. I hope he finishes school. The NCAA has standards for student athletes finishing school, and comes down on institutions who don't meet the criteria. Mitchell clearly won't finish.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

I agree. I hope he finishes school. The NCAA has standards for student athletes finishing school, and comes down on institutions who don't meet the criteria. Mitchell clearly won't finish.
                            Assuming he is on scholarship, UAA could lose half a scholarship next year. He has a calendar year to finish the classes he is in. I really don't understand why... it's a personal decision, shouldn't hurt the institution... He's not obligated to finish his degree though.
                            Visit the Alaska Nanooks Hockey Blog at http://nanookhockey.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by UAFHockeyFan314 View Post
                              Assuming he is on scholarship, UAA could lose half a scholarship next year. He has a calendar year to finish the classes he is in. I really don't understand why... it's a personal decision, shouldn't hurt the institution... He's not obligated to finish his degree though.
                              Fortunately I think we're in the clear, for football you must have two years done (and a redshirted season) and the rules for basketball and hockey must be lower. To play in the NBA you need at least one season of NCAA "study" or go pro outside the US, hockey is different from football and basketball because you can go major junior/pro straight from high school.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                                Don't forget about Hubbs playing for Tulsa. He scored more goals last night than he did during his senior season!

Comment

Working...
                                X