The last wcha champ!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The last wcha champ!!!!!!

Depending on the new coach, I see no reason the Mavs can't compete for the 6th spot with the talent currently here as well as the incoming class.
    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
      Depending on the new coach, I see no reason the Mavs can't compete for the 6th spot with the talent currently here as well as the incoming class.
      Who do you think they finish ahead of?
      Originally posted by SJHovey
      Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
      Originally posted by Brenthoven
      We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
        As noted above, this isn't the end of the WCHA, just the end of the behind closed doors, under the table, it's not about money, this had to be done, it's what's best for hockey, we didn't want to join anyway - oh wait you want us - ok we'll join, WCHA as we know it today.

My against all odds prediction is that somehow that math works out such that UAA, BSU, MSU and MTU tie for first with the other 8 tied for second. After eliminating the 5th and 6th seeds at the Final Five, the remaining four real WCHA teams toss their sticks into center ice and play four competitive mixed-squad pick-up games and declare that UAH is awarded the WCHA auto-bid to the NCAA tourney. This also works out by eliminating the need to have any hardware shipped back to the new league offices the week after the season ends.

September 2013 can't come soon enough.
        Ryan J
        ^ Posting just to bump this.

Comment

As long as UAA doesn't finish last, I'll be happy.

Way too early predictions.

1. North Dakota
          2. Minnesota
          3. Nebraska-Omaha
          4. Denver
          5. Wisconsin
          6. St. Cloud State
          7. Michigan Tech
          8. Minnesota Duluth
          9. Colorado College
          10. Alaska-Anchorage
          11. Bemidji State
          12. Minnesota State
          Go 'Wolves!

Comment

1. Minnesota
            2-11. Don't care, doesn't matter.
            12. UAA, because they really suck.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              1. Minnesota
              2-11. Don't care, doesn't matter.
              12. UAA, because they really suck.
              It will be nothing to be proud of though when Minnesota wins it with non-Minnesotans on the team.
              Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                It will be nothing to be proud of though when Minnesota wins it with non-Minnesotans on the team.
                You're talking to the wrong person there. I don't care who we have. We're going to win it.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I don't know why everyone's so high on Wisconsin, and if Schultz leaves I can't see them getting home ice let alone an NCAA bid
                  tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Not sure why people are high on Wisconsin and Omaha. Neither of them are going to get home-ice next year.
                    Originally posted by SJHovey
                    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                    Originally posted by Brenthoven
                    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Adding to that, I'm not sure why everyone is picking UAA to finish last this year. Yes, they were bad, but they had a bunch of freshmen last year. They've got nowhere to go but up.
                      Go 'Wolves!

Comment

Originally posted by seawolffan View Post
                        Adding to that, I'm not sure why everyone is picking UAA to finish last this year. Yes, they were bad, but they had a bunch of freshmen last year. They've got nowhere to go but up.
                        Mankato's most talented players were young, and they have a good class coming in, new coach, and they were DECIMATED with injuries. Wisconsin was real young especially with freshmen goalies. The only bottom team I could see taking a step back is Bemidji but Walsh was good in net and I think they were SO much better than UAA that I still think they won't fall that far.

Anchorage was THAT bad, but I guess my question is who do you see them finishing ahead of?
                        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

They could finish ahead of Bemidji and possibly Mankato, but that's unlikely. I see them finishing 10th or 11th.

The team showed some promise by knocking off top teams such as UMD and holding a 3-1 lead at one point in game two in the UAA-UM series, but they need to be more consistent. I lost track of how many leads the Seawolves blew over the course of the season.
                          Go 'Wolves!

Comment

Originally posted by seawolffan View Post
                            seawolffan - Don't worry about placing last until Tech fans start predicting it. Only the fans of Michigan Tech have the necessary understanding of what it takes to finish 10th of 10 or 12th of 12 due to our vast experiance in this area of the standings during recent years. Those who typically finish in the top half of the league don't have the first hand knowledge to accurately predict the lower bracket placings. You can disregard their predictions. You heard it here first - UAA is not finishing 12th next season. I will not predict exactly where because we are too busy trying to figure out what it takes to finish 4th through 6th for a change.
                            Ryan J
                            Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                            Originally posted by geezer
                            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                            Originally posted by manurespreader
                            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                              seawolffan - Don't worry about placing last until Tech fans start predicting it. Only the fans of Michigan Tech have the necessary understanding of what it takes to finish 10th of 10 or 12th of 12 due to our vast experiance in this area of the standings during recent years. Those who typically finish in the top half of the league don't have the first hand knowledge to accurately predict the lower bracket placings. You can disregard their predictions. You heard it here first - UAA is not finishing 12th next season. I will not predict exactly where because we are too busy trying to figure out what it takes to finish 4th through 6th for a change.
                              Ryan J
                              Exactly. I didn't watch every game, but I liked what I saw from several of the freshman (especially Coldwell). The team was great at the start of the season in the two Alaska tournaments, going 3-0-1 with wins against Mercyhurst, SCSU, and UNO, as well as a tie against Clarkson. This team has the potential to be good, but I think after last year, there's low expectations everywhere.
                              Go 'Wolves!

Comment

I just don't know who will be worse than UAA. Msu will be better with the new coach and BSU works too hard to place last.
                                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Working...
                                X