Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Star Wars VIII: The Last Jedi

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    I've heard that but I think they might still make them siblings and I remembered them as twins.

It seems they have a connection of some sort beyond Snoke's machinations.
    Luke was a total stud and messed with a lotta women?

(actually, that'd be a really cool and messed up storyline)
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

No they were both Han and leias kids and had the force and Luke was training them.

In the one Star Wars book I read many, many years ago.

Comment

A few of us who had followed all the movies were brainstorming together and came up with a few things that none of us on our own would have thought of.

The scene with Rey in the hall of mirrors:
        - it recalled a similar scene in The Never-Ending Story where the story's protagonist (Atreyu) had to look in the Mirror of his True Self and saw the movie's protagonist (Bastian).
        - Rey asked to see her parents so that she could understand her "part in all this"; the mirror showed her herself.
        - this "reveal" reinforces Scooby's thesis: Rey was "her own parent" in a sense because The Force working through her is shaping who she becomes; her biological roots themselves don't matter (other than the high concentration of midiclorians in her bloodstream?? )

The scene with stable boy at the end:
        - The Force is manifesting itself spontaneously throughout the galaxy in Force-sensitive children
        - Rey will team up with those children and help sponsor "spontaneous" revolts all throughout the galaxy:
        - Rey will learn in the "sacred Jedi texts" how to use her Force-powers to reinforce theirs so that they become leaders of local people already primed to revolt
        (e.g., the children, with her help, will perform various Force-related miracles to inspire the locals that there is hope after all so that they no longer meekly accept domination).
        - That series of uprisings across the galaxy will divert New Order forces toward trying to repress them
        - Rey uses these uprisings to thin out Kylo Ren's bodyguards so that she and he can have their ultimate showdown while Kylo's strength is weakened and spread too thin by all the revolts.
        "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          From my understanding, Disney is tossing any book-related material, others are MORE than welcome to correct me on this. This is what I heard from a co-worker last week. They are making their own story.
          Anything published before Disney bought the franchise is considered "Legends" and not official Canon. Disney (really Pablo Hidalgo) reserves the right to take anything from Legends and bring it to Canon. The most popular example is Thrawn, which Dave Filoni placed in his cartoon, Rebels, and original author and creator Steve Zahn has written one book with another set for release next summer. However, in Zahn's original trilogy, Thrawn is a Grand Admiral after the Empire collapses. For Canon he is used before the war begins. Whether Disney will keep him alive for post-ROTJ stories is undetermined.

Another notable addition is Darth Plagueis, who was mentioned by Chancellor Palpatine in ROTS. This character was originally created by James Lucerno in the last Legends book which many fans want made Canon.

Some of the Force powers seen in TLJ were originally in Legends, most notably the Skype calls between Rey and Kylo and Luke's projection at the end.

Comment

I think too much is being read into the boy at the end.

I just took it as one seed of a movement being planted and don't expect to see him again.

There's only one movie left which doesn't leave much time to develope a story line for this kid.

Comment

A character quibble...

The techie companion of Finn.

She made a point of saying that she never meets the heroes coz she's whatever yet at the end, she's a pilot and handling a tough to handle craft? If she were a pilot, she would have met the heroes.

Also, she's known Finn for about 24 hours yet she "loves" him.

Not a movie killing quibble, but should never have gotten past a production meeting.

Comment

I think too much is being read into the boy at the end.

I just took it as one seed of a movement being planted and don't expect to see him again.

There's only one movie left which doesn't leave much time to develope a story line for this kid.
                Rian Johnson has a whole trilogy.

I happen to agree he's more of a symbol and we may never see him again. However, anything is total speculation. Disney doesn't even know how Episode IX will go. JJ just pitched his idea last week.

Comment

A character quibble...

The techie companion of Finn.

She made a point of saying that she never meets the heroes coz she's whatever yet at the end, she's a pilot and handling a tough to handle craft? If she were a pilot, she would have met the heroes.

Also, she's known Finn for about 24 hours yet she "loves" him.

Not a movie killing quibble, but should never have gotten past a production meeting.
                  Rose. She's a mechanic, her sister was a pilot. Yes, her being able to fly is a stretch but I think Johnson covers himself by showing that Finn has difficulty. And the Resistance is kinda desperate at that point.

I didn't take her attraction as real love. It's infatuation.

The bigger question: who taught Rey how to swim?

Comment

Rian huh?

We were discussing that maybe he'd be the subject of future movies set 15 or more years into the future.

Sounds like we were t too far off.

Comment

The Rey question never occurred to me.

Maybe a desert oasis where she went on holiday?

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                        Anything published before Disney bought the franchise is considered "Legends" and not official Canon. Disney (really Pablo Hidalgo) reserves the right to take anything from Legends and bring it to Canon. The most popular example is Thrawn, which Dave Filoni placed in his cartoon, Rebels, and original author and creator Steve Zahn has written one book with another set for release next summer. However, in Zahn's original trilogy, Thrawn is a Grand Admiral after the Empire collapses. For Canon he is used before the war begins. Whether Disney will keep him alive for post-ROTJ stories is undetermined.

Another notable addition is Darth Plagueis, who was mentioned by Chancellor Palpatine in ROTS. This character was originally created by James Lucerno in the last Legends book which many fans want made Canon.

Some of the Force powers seen in TLJ were originally in Legends, most notably the Skype calls between Rey and Kylo and Luke's projection at the end.
                        Minor quibble: author is Timothy Zahn. His non Star Wars series are also good.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                          Minor quibble: author is Timothy Zahn. His non Star Wars series are also good.
                          Thanks.

Who the f--- is Steve Zahn?

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                            Thanks.

Who the f--- is Steve Zahn?
                            Actor. Quite excellent in Rescue Dawn, I might even say he outshined Christian Bale in that movie.
                            http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001872/
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                              Actor. Quite excellent in Rescue Dawn, I might even say he outshined Christian Bale in that movie.
                              http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001872/
                              Ah yes, Lenny from That Thing you Do.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                                Ah yes, Lenny from That Thing you Do.
                                Graduated from Cooper High School in the Robbinsdale, MN school district. Just like someone else in this thread.
                                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Working...
                                X