Clear All

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    6-3 now. And the Gophers are OUT.
    8-3, I'll eat crow here
    BS UMass Lowell 2015
    PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Let revisit this. The referee EMPHATICALLY signaled a good goal. The standard on the review is there must be clear and indisputable proof that it was NOT a goal. This is where the issue becomes entirely different in that they are NOT reviewing to decide if there is clear evidence that the puck crossed over, rather they are reviewing to determine if it did NOT cross over which is an entirely different standard because it WAS ruled a good goal on the ice.
      Now the camera view from the side was obstructed by a Duluth player so this only leaves the overhead. The next question is WHERE was the puck when the ref signaled goal? Another key point is the goaltender reached back and covered the puck with his glove and started to come forward out of the net and once the puck's view is obstructed what happens after is moot. I saw the same image over and over that everyone saw. What we did NOT see was the unobstructed view of the referee. I saw NO conclusive and indisputable evidence to overturn the original call as the puck was not in CLEAR VIEW the whole time.
      From the replay they showed us on the building I never saw the puck go in yea it might have been on his back but could u really tell his back was across the goal line? Just like the Duluth goal that got called back neither goal went in the net

Comment

• Re: West Regional - Fargo, ND - March 24th and 25th - tUMD, BU, UND, and tOSU

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
        From the replay they showed us on the building I never saw the puck go in yea it might have been on his back but could u really tell his back was across the goal line? Just like the Duluth goal that got called back neither goal went in the net
        Remember the determining point by rule is because it was called a goal on the ice they had to determine that it did NOT cross the line and there was not enough of a clear video view to overturn the on ice call. Basically we got scr#wed.

Comment

Remember the determining point by rule is because it was called a goal on the ice they had to determine that it did NOT cross the line and there was not enough of a clear video view to overturn the on ice call. Basically we got scr#wed.
          I know exactly what your saying I just don't know how that saw either one of those picks ever go in

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
            That's what confused me on the reversal.

Intuitively, it's *likely* that it didn't go in- so if the ref didn't call it- that would have never counted.

BUT- he called it a goal. And there was no view that showed that the puck didn't go in with enough certainty. Every shot blocked the puck large enough that it could have completely crossed the line. So I just don't understand how you reverse a call that you can't see at all.

Again, it's highly likely that the ref made a bad call, and it didn't go in. But the call was made and it REQUIRES a view showing that it didn't go in.

edit- even if it was a goal, that does not mean the game would have played out as it did. Anything could have happened. If it were the game winner in OT or late in the 3rd, then I would say OSU got screwed.
            Last edited by alfablue; 03-25-2017, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
              8-3, I'll eat crow here
              Make it 2- 10-3.

Comment

I know exactly what your saying I just don't know how that saw either one of those picks ever go in
                As an impartial observer. I could not see an unobstructed view of the puck showing that it DID NOT go in (player in way from side and player had glove on top of net from above) in the camera views they showed on TV. It seemed like from the position of the goalies back and where the puck had been on his back, that it probably didn't cross the line. But I DID NOT see evidence that clearly overturned the call on the ice, so was surprised it was called no goal. So while the outcome of the call was probably an accurate assessment of what actually happened, I think it was an incorrect call from the letter of the law and should have been left as a goal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Koho View Post
                  As an impartial observer. I could not see an unobstructed view of the puck showing that it DID NOT go in (player in way from side and player had glove on top of net from above) in the camera views they showed on TV. It seemed like from the position of the goalies back and where the puck had been on his back, that it probably didn't cross the line. But I DID NOT see evidence that clearly overturned the call on the ice, so was surprised it was called no goal. So while the outcome of the call was probably an accurate assessment of what actually happened, I think it was an incorrect call from the letter of the law and should have been left as a goal.
                  I think they got but calls right but my question is how they ever saw the puck go in the net in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Kills View Post
                    Pretty foolish to assume that both Minnesota and Penn State without a doubt will not advance to the Frozen Four. This is typical of the obnoxious anti-Big Ten propaganda that I'm so sick and tired of.
                    Care to revise that estimate on Minnesota?
                    "So life's a *****. What do you want to do, cry about it? " - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace

"Wanna go get sugared up on mochas?" - Willow Rosenberg

Check my website. College hockey; it's what it's all about!

Comment

Originally posted by Arafel View Post
                      Care to revise that estimate on Minnesota?
                      What estimate? I just said it's obnoxious to dismiss the possibility that either one of those teams might win a regional. In the NCAA tournament literally any of the 16 teams in the field are capable of winning, as has been proven time and time again over the last dozen years or so.
                      National championships won by Big Ten schools : 23 (Michigan 9, Wisconsin 6, Minnesota 5, Michigan State 3, Ohio State 0, Penn State 0, Notre Dame 0)
                      National championships won by NCHC schools : 21 (North Dakota 8, Denver 8, MN-Duluth 3, Colorado College 2, St. Cloud State 0, Miami 0, NE-Omaha 0, Western Michigan 0)

23 > 21

Comment

I think they got but calls right but my question is how they ever saw the puck go in the net in the first place.
                        Ref seemed pretty confident that he saw it go in... He was right there.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                          Ref seemed pretty confident that he saw it go in... He was right there.
                          His arm was failing up & down like Florida State's stupid tomahawk chop!

Comment

I see 3 Ohio State fans still there at the MD/Boston game. That must mean 2 left and went home! LOL!

Comment

People getting their money's worth in this region.

Comment

This may be a little off topic but when they show Dave Starman talking during the intermissions I swear the dude should get the hair from his eyebrows surgically transplanted to his head!

Comment

Working...
                                X