No announcement yet.

West Regional - Fargo, ND - March 24th and 25th - tUMD, BU, UND, and tOSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: West Regional - Fargo, ND - March 24th and 25th - tUMD, BU, UND, and tOSU

Glad to see all three UND fans stayed for the second game. Great college hockey fans. Awesome that they yet again put a regional in ND...no wonder ESPN changes channels in OT. Who wants to cover a sport with an empty arena when your conference partner is playing...

Comment

Well the 3rd and OT periods I saw the Ohio State team I'm used to seeing and odds were we should have won after we tied it.
      I give Duluth's goaltender full credit for their win. Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by GreenCat View Post
        Glad to see all three UND fans stayed for the second game. Great college hockey fans. Awesome that they yet again put a regional in ND...no wonder ESPN changes channels in OT. Who wants to cover a sport with an empty arena when your conference partner is playing...
        Why is everyone ripping the North Dakota fans? The same thing happens everywhere...it's just that usually (especially in the East, where the regionals are at sites within driving distance of about 20 schools) there is a more "even" distribution of fans, so there will be "some" fans at both games. In this case, 99% of the seats were sold to North Dakota fans. Did you ever think maybe they have kids, or they have to eat (and don't want to eat the food in the arena because if you have a family it might cost five times as much)? I mean, the game went four hours.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
          As a neutral observer I thought the better team (against their opponent today) lost. North Dakota and Ohio State each deserved a better fate. But that's hockey sometimes.
          Are the goalies not considered part of the teams?

Comment

• Originally posted by GreenCat View Post
            You know you've arrived as a fan base with a universally acclaimed reputation for traveling well when we are expected to not only show up at our own team's games, but everyone else's as well.
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
              Are the goalies not considered part of the teams?
              The goalie is THEE most important player on a hockey team, and both games were living proof of that.
              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                Why is everyone ripping the North Dakota fans? The same thing happens everywhere...it's just that usually (especially in the East, where the regionals are at sites within driving distance of about 20 schools) there is a more "even" distribution of fans, so there will be "some" fans at both games. In this case, 99% of the seats were sold to North Dakota fans. Did you ever think maybe they have kids, or they have to eat (and don't want to eat the food in the arena because if you have a family it might cost five times as much)? I mean, the game went four hours.
                I know I would of stuck around for the second game. I wonder if people were able to leave and comeback in that there would of been more butts in the seats. From what I understand once you left the building you couldn't come back in.
                Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                  I know I would of stuck around for the second game. I wonder if people were able to leave and comeback in that there would of been more butts in the seats. From what I understand once you left the building you couldn't come back in.
                  For quite some time now there has been no "re-entry" allowed. This was discussed earlier this year in regard to why more cities don't bid for regionals. The NCAA claims to support "local" businesses but yet the fans are forced to stay inside the arena, costing the local businesses thousands in potential revenue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rabid Gopher View Post
                    Wow, two awesome games so far.
                    I'm thinking BU is gonna come out the winner tomorrow.
                    Terriors have no shot. Get real will ya
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      Terriors have no shot. Get real will ya
                      A Gophers fan can dream can't they?

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                        You know you've arrived as a fan base with a universally acclaimed reputation for traveling well when we are expected to not only show up at our own team's games, but everyone else's as well.
                        Driving an hour down the road constitutes traveling these days?
                        Lowell Forever
                        Forever Lowell

Comment

• Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                          **** cows in the road slows the trip down a bit...
                          Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                            It's self-proclaimed.

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                              I had forgotten about that re-entry issue. Good points. Also after a heart.breaking loss you would be less inclined to sit and watch a rival play..

Comment

Originally posted by GreenCat View Post
                                I had forgotten about that re-entry issue. Good points. Also after a heart.breaking loss you would be less inclined to sit and watch a rival play..
                                Which is why I was surprised to see them play the first game. At the very least, it would have "ensured" a big crowd for both games. Besides, usually the #1 seed plays the first game so that's even more perplexing. But, of course, we always forget about the "really" important factor - the TV networks, who determine everything. It's the price you pay for having the game on. Certainly BU / North Dakota was the "marquee" matchup - two storied program and all, and they probably didn't want to put it on late at night (and it would have been REALLY late given the events that transpired)!

Comment

Working...
                                X