Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHL 2018: When the AI GM is smarter than actual GMs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aparch View Post
    But he habitually kicks tires to check if they're still inflated before promptly sitting behind the wheel not driving anywhere!
    Then you need the AI GM to self drive?
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Re: NHL 2018: When the AI GM is smarter than actual GMs...

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      You can say the Wild have bad contracts if you want but the contracts ...
      I still say the team sitting the worst as far as contracts right now is Chicago.
      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        Then you need the AI GM to self drive?
        We do.

Our current GM stares into the display for the backup camera thinking he's looking out the windshield.
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
          I still say the team sitting the worst as far as contracts right now is Chicago.
          When Hossa files his retirement papers, do the 'Hawks recapture his cap space or do they have to trade it to Arizona/Long Island/Florida?
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
            When Hossa files his retirement papers, do the 'Hawks recapture his cap space or do they have to trade it to Arizona/Long Island/Florida?
            Not sure. I think they don't get to recapture it all but do recapture some.
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
              Your team isnt sh*t because of the new expansion draft.
              Argued by no one here.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                The long long winter may have come to an end...

@StapeAthletic: Exclusive: Lou Lamoriello will be hired to run Islanders' hockey operations https://theathletic.com/363029/2018/...ey-operations/
                What, Joe Bertagna wasn't available?

Lou must be over 300 years old.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                  People complained about the expansion rules afforded to Vegas well before they played their first game and I doubt that was limited to Wild fans. Sure no one envisioned a Stanley Cup run but that's beside the point. It's a forest, Gump - not just trees.
                  So you'd still be *****ing if they had finished last?
                  Really?
                  Expansion rules change...so what.
                  "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                  -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                  Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                  Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                  Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                  Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                    What Vegas is doing is showing other teams that the "requirement" to spend a huge amount of your salary cap on one or two players is not just not needed, but it's a bad idea in general. The same kind of spending (for now, as it will change as the team matures) is in Winnipeg.

Blame the cap all you want, but it's nice to see some different thinking, and it works.

As for the Pens- a friend here at work is a big fan of theirs- Flurey wasn't a gift, as much as it was a concession that Murray was the future for the team. Especially when you see the angst that the Pens had for many years due to his meltdowns in post season. He was on his way out, one way or another. IMHO, he really needed a change for a breath of fresh teammates. Being a goalie is 99.5% mental, so the change really helped his game.
                    Fleury should have been traded for assets, instead teams let him go to Vegas in the draft for nothing. Heck, there were jokes for two seasons about Fleury shopping for homes in Vegas.
                    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                      Fleury should have been traded for assets, instead teams let him go to Vegas in the draft for nothing. Heck, there were jokes for two seasons about Fleury shopping for homes in Vegas.
                      shoulda, woulda, coulda, But they didn't. What sucks for the pens (yay!) is good for Vegas (Vegas BABY!).

IIRC, some pages back, someone posted info about all the deals that Vegas got, and it sounded to me that many of these players were with added bonuses to Vegas just to take them. So it was quite a bit less than nothing- they were essentially bribed to take him.

Comment

I think the lesson here is only admit teams into a league one at a time, otherwise the available talent in the expansion draft is diluted to the point of being a joke. This was IMO the first draft anybody ever handled correctly -- league or team. They certainly overachieved, but that's to their credit. The expansion teams that have been wallowing without hope didn't "do it right," they were screwed by circumstance and then still did it wrong.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                          Expansion rules change...so what.
                          So what? You act like I've slit my wrists when in actuality I've done nothing more than calmly give the opinion the expansion rules this time around were far too favorable for my liking. Stop acting like I've insulted your mother and get over it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            What, Joe Bertagna wasn't available?

Lou must be over 300 years old.
                            He's not a day over 270.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                              So what? You act like I've slit my wrists when in actuality I've done nothing more than calmly give the opinion the expansion rules this time around were far too favorable for my liking. Stop acting like I've insulted your mother and get over it.
                              I don't need to get over anything...the one complaining is you.
                              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                              Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                              Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                              Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                              Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                                shoulda, woulda, coulda, But they didn't. What sucks for the pens (yay!) is good for Vegas (Vegas BABY!).

IIRC, some pages back, someone posted info about all the deals that Vegas got, and it sounded to me that many of these players were with added bonuses to Vegas just to take them. So it was quite a bit less than nothing- they were essentially bribed to take him.
                                That’s my point: Don’t blame the system and don’t blame VGK, blame the other teams for the players they handed over.
                                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Working...
                                X