X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season: The Hunt for Red October

Originally posted by cmmarkham View Post
    No, Chase Perry is there - fifth from left. Yes, Kyle is missing, but that doesn't mean much - he frequently isn't in attendance at team events (including games!).
    oops!
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by cmmarkham View Post
      Missing players therefore are:
      Charlie Manley, Evan Tironese, Max Reisinger, Jon Richards, Owen Stout, Jesper Ohrvall and Emil Ohrvall.

It's possible, of course, that one or more of these was just unable to play for some reason.
      With the exception of Reisigner, who played more than I thought he would’ve, that’s a list of players who I have penciled in as not returning. Two others who I thought might be on the fence are Wiffen & Marrello. Just my opinion. EDIT; Though he’ll have a year of eligibility left I have a feeling Tiro is graduating & will move on.
      Last edited by turk181; 03-24-2018, 10:11 PM.
      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

• Originally posted by cmmarkham View Post
        Missing players therefore are:
        Charlie Manley, Evan Tironese, Max Reisinger, Jon Richards, Owen Stout, Jesper Ohrvall and Emil Ohrvall.

It's possible, of course, that one or more of these was just unable to play for some reason.
        You may want to think that but you know that’s not the case. That picture tells all we need to know.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
          With the exception of Reisigner, who played more than I thought he would’ve, that’s a list of players who I have penciled in as not returning. Two others who I thought might be on the fence are Wiffen & Marrello. Just my opinion. EDIT; Though he’ll have a year of eligibility left I have a feeling Tiro is graduating & will move on.
          Tironese has two years of eligibility left at this point. OTOH since this is his third year at RPI and he could have taken courses before he arrived, he may on his own accord be moving on.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            Tironese has two years of eligibility left at this point. OTOH since this is his third year at RPI and he could have taken courses before he arrived, he may on his own accord be moving on.
            I stand corrected.
            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Today is 25 March 2018. There are 195 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 6 October 2018 for the start of next season.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

If we believe that the players who played basketball yesterday and only those are returning then there are nine returning forwards including Gornall. There are supposedly seven incoming forwards (Ashbrook, Bendorf, Bowman, DiGrande, Lacka, Lee, and Linden). That makes sixteen in total which is possible.

On defense there are five in the picture. We have currently five others listed (Babichuk, Bear, Ferner, Hallbauer, Modry), but it is unlikely that Modry is coming which brings the total down to nine with Bear not eligible until midyear. That is certainly possible. Also Michael Campoli was spotted recently at RPI. Whether or not he is coming it indicates we are still looking for another defenseman.

In goal, there are two in the picture. I had expected Perry to be leaving and St. Denis to be returning. One more is expected (Savory). In any case I would be surprised it we don't end up with exactly three.

Some of the listed recruits could defer, but quite a few were born in 1997 and can't go back to junior hockey. Those are Bear, Bowman, DiGrande, Ferner, Hallbauer, Lee, Linden, and Savory.

Edit: The fact that Moore also played forward late in the season muddles things up a bit more.
                Last edited by Ralph Baer; 03-25-2018, 03:44 AM.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Perhaps Tiro can find a way to pay the full tuition at BU? Might be worth it if he gets to play and score in the NCAA Tournament

Normally I have at least some optimism emerging for the next year once we get into April. Not sure how it will feel this year as the signs for this program are getting quite confusing.
                  Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                    Perhaps Tiro can find a way to pay the full tuition at BU? Might be worth it if he gets to play and score in the NCAA Tournament

Normally I have at least some optimism emerging for the next year once we get into April. Not sure how it will feel this year as the signs for this program are getting quite confusing.
                    It crossed my mind also that we might be becoming a farm club for BU.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

It crossed my mind also that we might be becoming a farm club for BU.
                      At least they don't have to change colors.

Of the list, as much as I'd be disappointed by some of the leaves, I can't say that I'm surprised. Whatever the decision is, I hope that we make the most of who we have.

Comment

And Reisinger (maybe Manley) would be the only ones I'd be disappointed to see go. I like his energy and grit. LGR
                        Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
                          And Reisinger (maybe Manley) would be the only ones I'd be disappointed to see go. I like his energy and grit. LGR
                          Reisinger didn't contribute much to the offense in two years, and I wouldn't have expected much of an increase in the future. The major loss may be the Austrian flag.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Reisinger didn't contribute much to the offense in two years, and I wouldn't have expected much of an increase in the future. The major loss may be the Austrian flag.
                            Also the Swedish flag.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              Also the Swedish flag.
                              It will still be up for Lovisa Selander and incoming freshman Ebbe Berglund. We also should raise a Slovakian one for Jakub Lacka. Hopefully the HFH kept the one used for Milos Bubela.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Noresmen View Post
                                You may want to think that but you know that’s not the case. That picture tells all we need to know.
                                I didn't actually know for sure - it seems like every year someone has surgery after the end of the season. But I'll certainly take your word for it.
                                Charlene

Comment

Working...
                                X