X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season: The Hunt for Red October

Originally posted by Noresmen View Post
    They also have the cream of the crop players in the country and a just turned 17 year old who is projected as the #1 NHL draft pick in 2019. Not hard to coach a squad made up of those players.
    Did you hear what I said? He has the best winning % of U18 team in its history. Plus, the best minds in USA hockey trusted him with those players. JJ and others knew he got a crap deal here and let him guide our elite talent. Plus he's got 2 Natl Championships on his resume.
    "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
      Seth Appert has the highest winning percentage in the history of USA U 18 team. Not "Belly Aching". Facts are facts. this should have not been a 6 win team, especially in light that the ECAC was weaker then it has been.
      Then why did 2016-17 have a similar number of wins to this year?

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
        I too think Perry will be gone. After RPI gave up back to back 7 goal games and Perry didn't get a start, that was a pretty clear signal that Smith had no intention of playing him. I doubt St.Denis is getting any scholly money - but that's just a hunch.
        Nice observation. +1
        "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Seth Appert has the highest winning percentage in the history of USA U 18 team. Not "Belly Aching". Facts are facts. this should have not been a 6 win team, especially in light that the ECAC was weaker then it has been.
          Where did you get your facts Aspy?

We'll deal with the fact that Appert is just a coach at the USNTDP U18 level, later
          Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            Brought team to Natl tourney, 2nd place finish in ECAC a few yrs ago. Won't happen again, certainly now.

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post

We'll deal with the fact that Appert is just a coach at the USNTDP U18 level, later
              I would know, take my word for it.

Comment

When Monty leaves Denver for NHL, will be the heir apparent.

Comment

I would know, take my word for it.
                  I'd like you to show your source.

Before I reveal mine.
                  Class of '93

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    18 wins the yr before, think you'll see that aqain soon??

Comment

When Monty leaves Denver for NHL, will be the heir apparent.
                      you mean Hair Apparent.
                      Class of '93

Comment

I'd like you to show your source.

Before I reveal mine.
                        No1 gets my sources, I work in politics. Look on USA website.

Comment

you mean Hair Apparent.
                          Finally! Yes. Be well.

Comment

Originally posted by Noresmen View Post
                            Agree that this team was more than a 6 win team this season. IMO the team lacked consistency because of all of the in game changes that the HC made. So I disagree with you that we didn't see any in game changes. I also felt that there were too many game to game changes with the offensive lines. Forwards, IMO, need to develop chemistry and it takes more than just a 2 or 3 game segment for that to happen. Scoring is a function of chemistry between forwards. Knowing where each other is and trusting when to make the pass. At times this team was to much "INDVIDUALS" and not enough "TEAM". Solid D1 players, this team has more than just Hayhurst and Riley. It doesn't matter who I think they are, my opinion doesn't matter. Only the HC opinion matters. Changes are coming that's for sure. I don't believe this team will carry a roster of 34 and with that said I'm sure more than the 3 seniors will be leaving. Will all just have to wait to see who they may be. Many people have rumors but only the players and the HC no for sure. But Im sure the HC has a plan.
                            When a team doesn't score (RPI has had chronic scoring ineptitude) line combo adjustments can , should and will be made. To not do so would be malpractice. These forwards have had plenty of opportunities to bury pucks but have not delivered. RPI has been the ECAC equivalent of the Montreal Canadians - simply cannot produce offensively. Changes are coming there's no doubt. Where they lead is anyone's guess. I liked the work ethic I saw, but the unanswered question remains offensive production.
                            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Brought team to Natl tourney, 2nd place finish in ECAC a few yrs ago. Won't happen again, certainly now.
                              So you're resting on laurels of two years. Maybe two more years that had mild success given we were above 500 (09-10, 15-16). What happened to consistency? Sure, there are going to be good years and there are going to be bad years, but the roller coaster crapshoot is not something you want to see.

Comment

18 wins the yr before, think you'll see that aqain soon??
                                Given that's the mark for 500, yes I do.

Comment

Working...
                                X