Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2018 Canada's Olympic Women's Hockey Team

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    I wonder with an SLU alum now at the helm, will Matt Desrosiers get back on the 2022 Olympic coaching radar?
    No. no chance whatsoever. they don't care about those things. As far as i can tell, Gina Kingsbury is another Mel Davidson 2.0. She is still being mentored by mel and they still work in tandem.

the feminist crusade in this program is real. It will never go away with Mel still sticking around. Besides, you read what Gina Kingsbury said in that article. They want coaches to be women alums who played.

The only coach who Gina Kingsbury may select for 2022 consideration is perhaps Shannon miller whom she has extensive connections with and that is how shannon miller got the calgary inferno job. It was through Gina Kingsbury.

I am guessing that some inexperienced woman will lead team canada women this upcoming season, and depending on whether they have another failing season where they win 0 things, they will replace this inexperienced woman with another inexperienced woman. Then, they start hiring the 2020-2021 coach a year ahead of the olympics. If all the inexperienced alum are bad and have losing records all quadrennial, then shannon miller will be considered.

Comment

quite ironic that Mel Davidson laments the fact that she can never go to another organization because she is a woman and the women's game basically has nowhere left for her to go. If she had these same results in the men's league, as a MAN, she would have been totally fired and not been able to ask for a job in a lesser capacity. Especially given the horrendous results under her leadership, everything from results, selection of coaches, selection of coaches and results at ALL levels (U18, National team haven't won anything since 2014), national u22 team....

of course, men also find it easier to bounce to other teams probably, but still. If mel were a MAN in charge of a men's league there would be no question. Would not even be able to stay in the organization.

wickenheiser recently ripped this team and basically says they are bad. I agree.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
        I wonder with an SLU alum now at the helm, will Matt Desrosiers get back on the 2022 Olympic coaching radar?
        What a great observation. Between merit and the SLU connection, and maybe even more the fact that his wife played with Gina, you would think he’s on the radar. I am very curious to see who gets names 4 Nations coaches for both US and Canada.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
          What a great observation. Between merit and the SLU connection, and maybe even more the fact that his wife played with Gina, you would think he’s on the radar. I am very curious to see who gets names 4 Nations coaches for both US and Canada.
          I think it's obvious that Chaffron should be named the TC head coach for the next quadrennial. Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chaffron View Post
            No. no chance whatsoever. they don't care about those things. As far as i can tell, Gina Kingsbury is another Mel Davidson 2.0. She is still being mentored by mel and they still work in tandem.

the feminist crusade in this program is real. It will never go away with Mel still sticking around. Besides, you read what Gina Kingsbury said in that article. They want coaches to be women alums who played.

The only coach who Gina Kingsbury may select for 2022 consideration is perhaps Shannon miller whom she has extensive connections with and that is how shannon miller got the calgary inferno job. It was through Gina Kingsbury.

I am guessing that some inexperienced woman will lead team canada women this upcoming season, and depending on whether they have another failing season where they win 0 things, they will replace this inexperienced woman with another inexperienced woman. Then, they start hiring the 2020-2021 coach a year ahead of the olympics. If all the inexperienced alum are bad and have losing records all quadrennial, then shannon miller will be considered.
            I thought you said Mel was fired? Please make up your mind and do it before the end of this quadrennial!

Comment

• [QUOTE=joecct;6686999]I wonder with an SLU alum now at the helm, will Matt Desrosiers get back on the 2022 Olympic coaching radar?[/

As it’ll be the octennial anniversary of their last gold, that might be a good idea.

Comment

• Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
                I thought you said Mel was fired? Please make up your mind and do it before the end of this quadrennial!
                Lmao, well played!

Comment

• Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                  I think it's obvious that Chaffron should be named the TC head coach for the next quadrennial. Lol.
                  I assume first order of business will be to name Hailley Irwin captain.

Comment

I assume first order of business will be to name Hailley Irwin captain.
                    Lol, of course. Hey maybe Wick has a good enough resume to be his assistant coach. Hehehe.

Comment

https://www.hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/ne...ome-to-calgary

Nadine Muzzerall coaching Canada’s development team.
                      Howie Draper, the U18’s

It’s a whole new quadrennial! Let’s go!

Comment

https://www.hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/ne...ome-to-calgary

Howie Draper, the U18’s

It’s a whole new quadrennial! Let’s go!
                        Thank goodness someone from Clarkson will also be on staff.

Comment

Nice of them to include the best player in the country this time
                          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                            I would have been really shocked if they had omitted her especially after they lost the only Gold medal that anyone cares about.....Olympic gold! Natural scorers are a great gift for any team! Everyone knows you can't coach someone into becoming a natural scorer. See any comment about the weakest skill in women's hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                              Surprised that Loren Gabel was not invited.

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
                              And with Sauve as one of the Goalie candidates talk about awkward.
                              Last edited by vicb; 07-31-2018, 08:52 PM.
                              Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                              And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                              WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                              If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

• Originally posted by vicb View Post
                                Surprised that Loren Gabel was not invited.

And with Sauve as one of the Goalie candidates talk about awkward.
                                https://hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/news/2018-nwp-summer-showcase-by-the-numbers

Gabel is referenced in 2 places on the above post, maybe she is there?

As for awkward with Sauve and Muzerall, hopefully not. Reflecting on the comments made by many in the transfer thread, I was reminded that the health and happiness of the players is way more important than anything else. Sauve and Muzerall did great things last year, hopefully again now for Team Canada.

Comment

Working...
                                X