Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2017 Season Thread III: Terriers falling (into the off season)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2017 Season Thread III: Terriers falling (into the off season)

Originally posted by defkit View Post
    ....I guess my main point is that getting all those first rounders was nice, but there really aren't any legit NHLers (for next season) among the other freshmen, the rest of the flight risks are Sophomores and Juniors. That puts them in the same camp as Shattenkirk, Cohen, Bonino, Amonte, McEachern, Grier, etc. So maybe things haven't changed as much as we are making this out to be.
    kids have always left early. tkachuk was here for a season. and back then we got guys because they wanted to play in the olympics. if it wasn't for that, probably keith, and scott young, and mceachern go pro at 18.
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumbles View Post
      Based on no evidence whatsover but I also feel like McAvoy leaving isn't an entirely foregone conclusion. Getting JFK back would be huge - next year could really be a breakout year for him as he should be far and away our top F.
      b's need defensemen help. they also need entry contract bodies. plus if charlie is playin against 21 yo freshman while being a 21 yo junior at bu he is probably not going to improve as much as he will against bigger, more physical fwd in the ahl. b's have a need there so it wouldn't be surprising to see him jump.

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
        We have our significant differences in opinion on things, but it's clear you have some level of connection to the sport so I'll ask, are these your educated guesses or is this based on information you've heard?
        And although this isn't a popular opinion but I believe it would be best for BU and Charlie if he left...he has regressed at BU and really need to be reigned in..I also believe the defense will be more cohesive and add more offense with puck movers in the line up and Fabbro as your QB on the PP

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          this is nuts. a guy like connor sheary never averaged a point/game playing FOR massachusetts and he is doing quite well, no?

hockey is more than scoring. even scoring 3 goals in 4 periods.
          Why don't you just give it up..taking shots at Switzer doesn't make McEvoy any better and referring to yourself in the 3rd person doesn't mean you know anything...Mookie like hot dogs..Mookie likes Jasmine ...what a toolbox...Switzer is not a defensive liability and he does add offense...so go back under your bridge...hockey is about scoring more goals than the other team which is why BU was basically a .500 team when the WJC ended and that superstar Bellows was back in the lineup

Comment

Originally posted by BUtogether View Post
            And although this isn't a popular opinion but I believe it would be best for BU and Charlie if he left...he has regressed at BU and really need to be reigned in..I also believe the defense will be more cohesive and add more offense with puck movers in the line up and Fabbro as your QB on the PP
            first team hockey east.... mkay

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
              Posted to another hockey page, which one of you BU(I'd guess BC fan but) fans made this?
              https://greatestcollegehockeyteamofalltime.com/
              ha, ha.. is that michael j .. good stuff.
              GO NU HOCKEY
              Always bullish on the future.
              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
                Well he certainly took a lot more time than most BU fans were expecting...
                Lots of hand ringing for 9 points and sub par defense for the majority of the season...had a nice game yesterday and do believe he will improve as he gets stronger..definitely a 3 or 4 year guy

Comment

Originally posted by BUtogether View Post
                  Why don't you just give it up..taking shots at Switzer doesn't make McEvoy any better and referring to yourself in the 3rd person doesn't mean you know anything...Mookie like hot dogs..Mookie likes Jasmine ...what a toolbox...Switzer is not a defensive liability and he does add offense...so go back under your bridge...hockey is about scoring more goals than the other team which is why BU was basically a .500 team when the WJC ended and that superstar Bellows was back in the lineup
                  shots are taken at you. not your ex-wife's and improved husband's kid.

the person taking shots at kids is you.
                  go look in the mirror. then break it and cut your wrists.

Comment

first team hockey east.... mkay
                    The best part is you have been ripping him all year and now you are his biggest fan...first team hockey east is laughable and a completely political move...had to have a BU player on the first team and since the two best players were on the all rookie team the coaches threw his surrogate father DQ a bone....he's a talented kid...but at this point is just a puck chaser and puck lugger....not enough finish to make up for the fact he's always out of position...if Boston can reign him in and he's coachable he might someday be a good defenseman...it not happening here

Comment

shots are taken at you. not your ex-wife's and improved husband's kid.

the person taking shots at kids is you.
                      go look in the mirror. then break it and cut your wrists.
                      I guess flat footed Charlie is a compliment in Nookieland...as for the rest of your babble I have zero clue *** you are talking about as usual.. My wife will be happy to learn she is now an ex and he's an improvement...Mookie like cookies...Mookie like butterflies...what a wizard
                      Last edited by BUtogether; 03-26-2017, 03:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BUtogether View Post
                        I guess flat footed Charlie is a compliment in Nookieland...as for the rest of your babble I have zero clue *** you are talking about as usual.. My wife will be happy to learn she is now an ex and he's an improvement...Mookie like cookies...Mookie like butterflies...what a wizard
                        .. dude, we all having some fun here.
                        (least i think we are.. ..) chill out.
                        GO NU HOCKEY
                        Always bullish on the future.
                        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

I agree on the lack of veteran leadership. Maybe somebody made this point already but it's worth noting that the class recruited four years ago that is graduating this year was one of the weakest in recent memory. It's not a bad thing to recruit the Kellers and Eichels of this world (by all accounts, Eichel was a team guy who cared about winning) as long as Quinn is also recruiting kids who will be staying for 3 or 4 years. That didn't work out for this year's team but I'd be surprised if what happened with this year's group happens again anytime soon.
                          Completely unrelated point: Maybe it's just me but I think they wear the throwback jerseys way too often. What's the matter with the regular ones?

Comment

Koharski is doing the Denver game...

Comment

Originally posted by srsterrier View Post
                              I agree on the lack of veteran leadership. Maybe somebody made this point already but it's worth noting that the class recruited four years ago that is graduating this year was one of the weakest in recent memory. It's not a bad thing to recruit the Kellers and Eichels of this world (by all accounts, Eichel was a team guy who cared about winning) as long as Quinn is also recruiting kids who will be staying for 3 or 4 years. That didn't work out for this year's team but I'd be surprised if what happened with this year's group happens again anytime soon.
                              Completely unrelated point: Maybe it's just me but I think they wear the throwback jerseys way too often. What's the matter with the regular ones?
                              I agree on needing as many of the three and four year guys as you do the Kellers and Eichels. That's one of the reasons the progression next year of Olsson, Phelps, Chabot, and Curry to name a few will be vital to how successful the team is. These guys shouldn't have to be counted on to lug the majority of the offensive burden, but to be solid contributors on both ends of the ice, skate hard, defend well, kill penalties, bring energy, and be able to be on the ice in tournament scenarios and not be a liability.
                              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                                I agree on needing as many of the three and four year guys as you do the Kellers and Eichels. That's one of the reasons the progression next year of Olsson, Phelps, Chabot, and Curry to name a few will be vital to how successful the team is. These guys shouldn't have to be counted on to lug the majority of the offensive burden, but to be solid contributors on both ends of the ice, skate hard, defend well, kill penalties, bring energy, and be able to be on the ice in tournament scenarios and not be a liability.
                                Agree with this- What we were lacking this year was secondary scoring- Haven't seen in past years big jumps from underclassmen from year to year. when you watch other teams you see big improvements- Lowell- Northeastern would be examples

Comment

Working...
                                X