>>> RIT Tigers 2016-17: Let's Take the Next Step

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ritBLKnORGsuit View Post
    7 of those were in one game and from what Tiger fans in attendance at that game told me a lot of the goals were the goalie's fault. So I'm going to say we are not as bad as that stat makes us out to be.
    I did say "if that trend continues" so it's all relative. Over the course of a season stats tell the tale and they don't lie. It's still early yet but some trends start right away so now they need to find a way to break out of the trend they're in at both ends of the rink.

Comment

Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2016-17: Let's Take the Next Step

I hate to say it, but this is not a good team. The effort is there but they just don't match up in speed, skill, or size to the likes of Penn State. Players like Rust, Stone, Clayton, and especially Lanteigne looked good, but the rest of the skaters were playing catch-up all night. It improved in the last sixth of the game, especially 6-on-5, but they were still overmatched. Something's wrong with the recruiting.

Oh, and attendance last night was really disappointing, though with the quality of play from this team I guess I understand why. But still -- it's the Ritter! Come on, people.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
        I hate to say it, but this is not a good team. The effort is there but they just don't match up in speed, skill, or size to the likes of Penn State. Players like Rust, Stone, Clayton, and especially Lanteigne looked good, but the rest of the skaters were playing catch-up all night. It improved in the last sixth of the game, especially 6-on-5, but they were still overmatched. Something's wrong with the recruiting.

Oh, and attendance last night was really disappointing, though with the quality of play from this team I guess I understand why. But still -- it's the Ritter! Come on, people.

Powers &8^]
        Agree. Know of one National U18 player that contacted the coaching staff numerous times yet they never reached back. She is now on a WCHA team playing a tonne of minutes. Sometimes I wonder if certain teams feel they can only attract second tier players so they dont bother reaching out to the top dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by crutch View Post
          Agree. Know of one National U18 player that contacted the coaching staff numerous times yet they never reached back. She is now on a WCHA team playing a tonne of minutes. Sometimes I wonder if certain teams feel they can only attract second tier players so they dont bother reaching out to the top dogs.
          The best days for this program are behind them. The reality is they won't be able to turn the tide until they get rid of this coach. His reputation on the recruiting end of things has caught up to him and I'm sure his reputation as a bench coach is also a problem for the reputation of his program. I bet current players are telling recruits the truth when they come for visits and that's not going to help land top level prospects. You can't pretend you're a nice person when you're recruiting and then be a tyrant in the locker-room and on the bench. That gets old real quick for players in today's game.

Comment

Powers &8^]
            I don't even recommend women's games to people any more with how bad the on ice performance is. It's a shame to watch the program come to this.

Comment

Originally posted by ritBLKnORGsuit View Post
              I don't even recommend women's games to people any more with how bad the on ice performance is. It's a shame to watch the program come to this.
              Wow. And that's coming from an RIT fan! Time to get Sacred Heart back on the schedule because that's the same direction RIT is going in. Won't be long until they can't beat DIII teams either.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                The best days for this program are behind them. The reality is they won't be able to turn the tide until they get rid of this coach. His reputation on the recruiting end of things has caught up to him and I'm sure his reputation as a bench coach is also a problem for the reputation of his program. I bet current players are telling recruits the truth when they come for visits and that's not going to help land top level prospects. You can't pretend you're a nice person when you're recruiting and then be a tyrant in the locker-room and on the bench. That gets old real quick for players in today's game.
                I'm curious where your information is coming from and if you have any corroboration for it. From your other posts on this thread it seems that you simply enjoy sniping at the program. My criticisms came from a place of disappointment and a desire for improvement; you just seem to be offering vague unsupported criticisms for no apparent purpose. What's your angle?

Powers &8^]

Comment

I'm curious where your information is coming from and if you have any corroboration for it. From your other posts on this thread it seems that you simply enjoy sniping at the program. My criticisms came from a place of disappointment and a desire for improvement; you just seem to be offering vague unsupported criticisms for no apparent purpose. What's your angle?

Powers &8^]
                  Perhaps it comes from a place of (not necessarily you) people clamoring about the program's status as a national power who can get the best players and the expectation that it was going to just jump in and be competitive at D-I (despite others' pleas to knock people down off their high horse and that it wouldn't happen that way). And you don't need to be an "insider" to know how Scotty is. He's hardly difficult to read and doesn't hide his emotions well, both on the bench and when he thinks others aren't looking (hallways, outside locker rooms, etc.) And yes, that does come from my personal experience.

Comment

Originally posted by nyi19 View Post
                    Perhaps it comes from a place of (not necessarily you) people clamoring about the program's status as a national power who can get the best players and the expectation that it was going to just jump in and be competitive at D-I (despite others' pleas to knock people down off their high horse and that it wouldn't happen that way). And you don't need to be an "insider" to know how Scotty is. He's hardly difficult to read and doesn't hide his emotions well, both on the bench and when he thinks others aren't looking (hallways, outside locker rooms, etc.) And yes, that does come from my personal experience.

Ditto!

Comment

Originally posted by nyi19 View Post
                      Perhaps it comes from a place of (not necessarily you) people clamoring about the program's status as a national power who can get the best players and the expectation that it was going to just jump in and be competitive at D-I (despite others' pleas to knock people down off their high horse and that it wouldn't happen that way).
                      I'm not aware of anyone who thought we'd be competing for a national championship anytime soon. CHA championships, yes, but that doesn't seem unreasonable, especially considering the banners we already have.

And you don't need to be an "insider" to know how Scotty is. He's hardly difficult to read and doesn't hide his emotions well, both on the bench and when he thinks others aren't looking (hallways, outside locker rooms, etc.) And yes, that does come from my personal experience.
                      As someone who isn't on campus much (and certainly never anywhere near the locker room), help me out here.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Good news. RIT didn't get shutout today!

I think the only opponent they might have a chance of posting any wins against the rest of the season is possibly Lindenwood given how RIT is currently playing. I honestly don't see them being able to beat anybody else on their schedule.

Comment

Good news. RIT didn't get shutout today!

I think the only opponent they might have a chance of posting any wins against the rest of the season is possibly Lindenwood given how RIT is currently playing. I honestly don't see them being able to beat anybody else on their schedule.
                          Still wondering why you enjoy sniping at RIT so much. Don't you have some team you're a fan of you can support?

Powers &8^]

Comment

Still wondering why you enjoy sniping at RIT so much. Don't you have some team you're a fan of you can support?

Powers &8^]
                            Very snipable target for ONE reason. Can you guess the ONE reason? Anyone? Bueller?
                            Last edited by shelfit; 10-31-2016, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Very snipable target for ONE reason. Can you guess the ONE reason? Anyone? Bueller?
                              I have seen you do this to other teams as well. Seems like you enjoy criticizing and are usually quite adverse in providing anything constructive.

Comment

And then you avoid ever giving straight answers to simple questions. Let me know when you're willing to have a discussion instead of just spewing forth opinion.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Working...
                                X