Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 Atlantic Hurricane Season: Non-Minnesotans arguing about the weather...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017 Atlantic Hurricane Season: Non-Minnesotans arguing about the weather...

I don't know Fla, but daughter's long time roommate and folks live on the water on Sanibel island. Doesn't look too good for them.

Comment

• Re: 2017 Atlantic Hurricane Season: Non-Minnesotans arguing about the weather...

Originally posted by burd View Post
      I don't know Fla, but daughter's long time roommate and folks live on the water on Sanibel island. Doesn't look too good for them.
      I know Sanibel had mandatory evacuation -- I believe it was yesterday, although my days are running together a bit. There's storm surge, but they also worry about the bridge bases out there. Hope they are safely away, burd.

We are tucked in Navarre, FL near the Alabama line. Funny how we go North to get to "the South" but once we cross the Suwanee we were north far enough to be south.
      Originally posted by WiscTJK
      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
      Originally posted by Timothy A
      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
        It still could turn west to the Bahamas and into Florida. The predictions now says that it will just hang out and die in the Atlantic. But the water is so warm there, there's plenty of fuel.

Again, you posted that the predictions have a 200mile range. It's got a long way to go before it's not a hurricane.
        Actually, several models show an East Coast threat next week with Jose, but enough others also show it stalling, then just heading out to sea. Safe to say though that it is not a threat to any land areas for at least another 5-6 days.

Also, I said that the models have a 200 mile average error at 4 days, not a range of 200 miles.
        Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
        "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

NBC just showed some idiot on key west trying to get a pic at the southern most point in US marker. Wave crushed him. They also have Mike seidel out at Miami beach being an idiot

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
            Also, I said that the models have a 200 mile average error at 4 days, not a range of 200 miles.
            No, you said that the cone has a 200 mile error without the 4 day qualification. You should be clearer to start with. It helps.

It's also interesting that your prediction isn't what TWC has- since they have it stalling in the Atlantic. Considering the temp of the water, that doesn't make sense- keeping strong and continuing makes more sense.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
              NBC just showed some idiot on key west trying to get a pic at the southern most point in US marker. Wave crushed him. They also have Mike seidel out at Miami beach being an idiot

Any pics of Rush holding his ground?

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                Any pics of Rush holding his ground?
                He is long gone. It's easy to evacuate when you have a private jet

I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Hmmm... Jim Cantore is 16 miles from my house.
                  Originally posted by WiscTJK
                  I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                  Originally posted by Timothy A
                  Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                    That's never a good thing.
                    Good luck.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                    And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                    Twenty red lights in his honor
                    Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

• Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                      That's never a good thing.
                      Good luck.
                      Weather Channel is running a great commercial of the panic when Jim Cantore shows up in your neighborhood.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

MSNBC is doing a wonderful job covering this. The weather guy they have on is great. I've learned more about hurricanes in the last fifteen minutes than I have in the last two weeks about hurricanes.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post

It's also interesting that your prediction isn't what TWC has- since they have it stalling in the Atlantic. Considering the temp of the water, that doesn't make sense- keeping strong and continuing makes more sense.
                          If only hurricanes were that simple. Water temp is just one of a plethora of factors with regard to strengthening/weakening/maintaining.

Comment

Because Florida is full of stupid people with guns:

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...hurricane-irma

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

In the age of sail they used to fire cannons into water spouts.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

https://youtu.be/KTwnwbG9YLE
                                Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Working...
                                X