Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 Elections - Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 Elections - Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death....

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
    Did your mom "do anything" with her life?
    too bad she didn't exercise her right to choice and abort that fool.
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
      Promise?
      speaking of promises, about your offer on paying my taxes, how do we go about settling that?

Okay, I know you merely promised to pay the excess of my tax bill over yours, but I need a few grand by Monday, how will you get that to me on time?
      "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

speaking of promises, about your offer on paying my taxes, how do we go about settling that?

Okay, I know you merely promised to pay the excess of my tax bill over yours, but I need a few grand by Monday, how will you get that to me on time?
        Just start sending me your paychecks and I'll be sure to send you my disability check (note: private insurance, not a dirty government handout) in exchange. Then I'll take care of your tax burden and you take care of mine. Email me your address and I'll respond. If you need a loan to tide you over, I'm sure we can work something out with a reasonable rate of interest.

Comment

Just start sending me your paychecks and I'll be sure to send you my disability check (note: private insurance, not a dirty government handout) in exchange. Then I'll take care of your tax burden and you take care of mine. Email me your address and I'll respond. If you need a loan to tide you over, I'm sure we can work something out with a reasonable rate of interest.
          I should have expected that you'd change the terms of the deal once anyone came close to accepting it. that wasn't the original deal at all.

I don't want to insult the people of Wales, however....

So, changing the subject, is it true that you, ScoobyDoo, and Foxton are all appearing in a new movie coming out soon?

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

I should have expected that you'd change the terms of the deal once anyone came close to accepting it. that wasn't the original deal at all.
            That was the original deal. Post #155

It only impacts the ultra-rich and they would be paying the same tax rate they somehow managed to pay in the 90's. The economy really sucked back then.

Again, if anyone feels like the tax rates are unfair, I'll switch incomes with you and pay your tremendous tax burden and you can pay my measly taxes.
            It isn't my fault you can't read.

Comment

"nice town you have here, mr. mayor....sure would be a shame if a bunch of people starting rioting, wouldn't it? oh, thanks so very much for your donation to our community center."
              Any other point of view would be lies put out there by the liberal media.
              Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                My Mom was a housewife. Be careful when you go down that road...
                AM I the only person to look at this this Ann Romney thing that she raised 5 boys but did not have to get a job as well? I work and am a Mum. I do not disrespect women who stay at home. I wish I could be one. I do have a problem with a very rich woman trying to identify with me and tell me she gets it when she hasn't had to work to make ends meet. I was pretty disappointed when no one came back with that when she tried to make it about making a choice. Nice to have a choice. There are some people that can't make that choice even if they sacrifice everything possible.

Also- I have some confusion regardig family being off limits in campaigns. If the person is in the background then they are off limits. If they are out there using themselves as a talking point why are they off limits. ie- Palin's daughter was an issue at first- that was a problem. She wasn't out there campaigning, touting herself and should have been off limits. Ann Romney is using herself as an audio-visual aide for how wonderful everything is. No problem with someone saying that's nice you got to do all that but you have unusual circumstances and you aren't like most of us.

Comment

It isn't my fault you can't read.
                  The problem is not my reading comprehension, it's my memory. Or to quote Steve Martin: "Excuuuuse me, but I FORGOT."

You are right and I was wrong, and I apologize.

Comment

With the kerfluffle about Ms Rosen's intemperate remarks, I wonder what "stay at home dads" have to say. What is the over / under on how soon we see a story polling their reactions?

Also, as an aside to Mrs. Les, I think there is more subtlety behind the scenes....while my spouse and I both work for pay outside the home, we both have been very hands-on inside the home as well. Each of us has made arrangements (at some financial sacrifice) to work from the home for pay as well, so that we could be around in the formative years and have flexibility to switch from one to the other as needed. Fortunately for us, each of us has a niche skill for which others are willing to pay a decent enough wage that we could still pay the mortgage and put food on the table. Each of us made less money than we could have, and luckily for us our children have grown up to be competent capable self-reliant people. While won't have much of a retirement, at least we'll have fond memories to comfort us when the bankrupt government healthcare system pumps us full of "palliative care."

The question for us was never "whether" it was "who" and "how much" and "which one" and "when." The Romneys were fortunate that they could have a skewed distribution compared to most folks. I don't resent them for that.

PS Perhaps Obama's declaration that family should be off-limits indicates that he realizes how unpopular Michele is in some quarters? Maybe he suspects that if you go after one spouse, you are opening it up for them to go after your spouse too? If you are going to criticize Ann Romney for only working inside the home without pay, how do you feel about Michele having taxpayers pay her travel and security costs for her overseas shopping spree, or her [blah blah blah on and on and on]....see what I mean? Maybe it's pre-emptive defense?
                    Last edited by FreshFish; 04-13-2012, 07:53 AM.

Comment

I'm waiting for Barry to tell us how Mitt is a wild-eyed fire-breathing radical who makes soup out of babies and knocks over old men in their walkers, that will be fun to see how he tries to pull that off.
                      Mitt is all things to all people. Ask him to change his position, he will.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Regarding negative campaigining, make no mistake about it. The Mittster is in for a bare knuckled beat down. He doesn't strike me as a guy who likes to get questioned or contradicted much, and I've seen him in action getting rattled. Its not pretty. Its especially going to be fun when Obama spends about 500M of his billion dollar campaign fund running commercials in Ohio, Michigan and Pennsylvania about how Romney has closed down factories and outsourced jobs. All this from a guy searching for the right car elevator for his 4th mansion out in Southern California.

Regarding families, they're off limits. I can see the part about if a wife is out campaigning but if they weren't out introducing their husband or doing events that would end up being a news story. This incident is pretty dumb as this Rosen woman isn't working for the Obama campaign, any more than yet another dipsh ! t Republican Rep came out spouting birther stories this week is for the Romney campaign. Its funny though to see knuckledraggers get their panties in a bunch over this, as I don't recall any first lady getting more negative partisan criticism than Hillary Clinton.
                        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

PS Perhaps Obama's declaration that family should be off-limits indicates that he realizes how unpopular Michele is in some quarters?
                          Or perhaps it's that family should be off limits.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            Or perhaps it's that family should be off limits.
                            And he probably doesn't want Rush saying his daughters are dogs.

Comment

With the kerfluffle about Ms Rosen's intemperate remarks, I wonder what "stay at home dads" have to say. What is the over / under on how soon we see a story polling their reactions?

Also, as an aside to Mrs. Les, I think there is more subtlety behind the scenes....while my spouse and I both work for pay outside the home, we both have been very hands-on inside the home as well. Each of us has made arrangements (at some financial sacrifice) to work from the home for pay as well, so that we could be around in the formative years and have flexibility to switch from one to the other as needed. Fortunately for us, each of us has a niche skill for which others are willing to pay a decent enough wage that we could still pay the mortgage and put food on the table. Each of us made less money than we could have, and luckily for us our children have grown up to be competent capable self-reliant people. While won't have much of a retirement, at least we'll have fond memories to comfort us when the bankrupt government healthcare system pumps us full of "palliative care."

The question for us was never "whether" it was "who" and "how much" and "which one" and "when." The Romneys were fortunate that they could have a skewed distribution compared to most folks. I don't resent them for that.

PS Perhaps Obama's declaration that family should be off-limits indicates that he realizes how unpopular Michele is in some quarters? Maybe he suspects that if you go after one spouse, you are opening it up for them to go after your spouse too? If you are going to criticize Ann Romney for only working inside the home without pay, how do you feel about Michele having taxpayers pay her travel and security costs for her overseas shopping spree, or her [blah blah blah on and on and on]....see what I mean? Maybe it's pre-emptive defense?
                              You almost have the GOP talking points down. You forgot to call Obama a Marxist from Kenya, but close enough. It's going to be difficult for you to keep up with the current talking points since you pledged to "ignore political news" until Thanksgiving.

Comment

You almost have the GOP talking points down. You forgot to call Obama a Marxist from Kenya, but close enough. It's going to be difficult for you to keep up with the current talking points since you pledged to "ignore political news" until Thanksgiving.
                                I think two different people are posting from FF's account. One of them posts subtle, thoughtful philosophical discussions from a halting but sincere perspective. The other one types "This is interesting..." and then copy-pastes the contents of mookie's chain letters.

Haven't found whether it's a simple alternation or another pattern, but I don't think we can rule out a masterful trolling job just yet.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X