Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.09: How do I hate thee? Let me count the posts.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.09: How do I hate thee? Let me count the posts.

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    I didn't explain myself on this one, and for that I apologize profusely.

DX had sad Trump is a racist b/c the KKK vouched for him. Another person asked that since the communist party vouched for Obama, that must make Obama a commie, right?

Just because a certain group vouches for a person, that doesn't make that person part of/associated with/in line with that group.
    No. I said that all of the racist hate groups endorsed Trump.

This was after you or dillo said the democrats decided to implement some sort of identity politics push. To which I said that identity politics is just a code word for social conservatism which is chock full of racist, bigoted, and plutocratic policies.

I then followed that up with "If the working class are racists and vote republican, fine. They are the ones who suffer most under virtually every GOP fiscal policy."

You said "There are no angels anymore in politics. As for racists, there are just as many racist Dems and Repubs. Racism knows no party. One party is just a bit more vocal about it."

I replied, "Remind me again who the KKK endorsed? Or who Richard Spencer endorsed. What about David duke?

Now, who did the human rights campaign endorse? The NAACP?

The reason they are more vocal is because they supported trump. It's just that simple."
    Last edited by dxmnkd316; 05-17-2017, 08:45 AM.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      So it appears that the Republicans (Chaffetz) want the Comey memos but don't want Trump's tapes? Why?
      Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, Comey's memos and Trump's tapes are walking down the street...

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
        Depends.
        Will it be the "Freaky Friday" version of Chuck (him channeling McConnell)?* Then, maybe.
        If it's Chuck being Chuck, he, at least I know where he's coming from ... consistently.

*The whole video is pretty good. Like I've said, all this is is script-flipping in DC.
        Sooo...any comment on Trump and the leaking of intel? Knowing how much you despise the very idea of that you must want him impeached correct? (honest questions)
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
          ... Comey's memos and Trump's tapes are walking down the street...
          Mentioning those, what if the words in each don't match?

Trump would be damaged: He's TAPING!

Comey? Any shred of credibility would be gone.
          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            Sooo...any comment on Trump and the leaking of intel? Knowing how much you despise the very idea of that you must want him impeached correct? (honest questions)
            What's the charge? The President can declassify information and that's what he ham-handedly did. If that's a smart power to vest is another story.

That's what I don't get. I keep hearing "impeach". What's the charge. Did he violate the tenure of office act? Did he order a break in at a DC hotel? Did he perjure himself to a grand jury? The closest might be "obstruction"; but, is "hope you can let this go" obstruction? Is there a prosecutor that'd take that on?

The statute reads:

Whoever knowingly alters, destroys, mutilates, conceals, covers up, falsified, or makes a false entry in any record, document, or tangible object with the intent to impede, obstruct, or influence the investigation or proper administration of any matter within the jurisdiction of any department or agency of the United States or any case filed under Title 11, or in relation to or contemplation of any such matter or case, shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both.
            Does "hope" meet that?

Now if there's something other than "hope" ... file the charges.

Being a self-absorbed, phony, smarmy ***** is not an impeachable charge. (If it was we'd have impeached far more elected officials from both sides.)

Like I've said: I'm on manila envelope watch. The Comey memo(s)? That's not it. If there's real, irrefutable stuff it's going to show up on a Congressional Democrat's Georgetown townhome's front stoop one morning sooner or later.
            Last edited by The Sicatoka; 05-17-2017, 09:09 AM.
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
              What's the charge? The President can declassify information and that's what he ham-handedly did. If that's a smart power to vest is another story.

That's what I don't get. I keep hearing "impeach". What's the charge. Did he violate the tenure of office act? Did he order a break in at a DC hotel? Did he perjure himself to a grand jury? The closest might be "obstruction"; but, is "hope you can let this go" obstruction? Is there a prosecutor that'd take that on?

The statute reads:

Does "hope" meet that?

Oh for fark's sake. After all the ranting and raving you did about Hillary's emails and how she should've been locked up and would've been if she was anyone else, you're arguing Trump's side for this?

There's not a facepalm in the world big enough.

Comment

If someone is going to get to the bottom of this, it needs to be Patrick Fitzgerald.

For more than a decade, until June 30, 2012, Fitzgerald was the United States Attorney for the Northern District of Illinois.[2] Prior to his appointment, he served as Assistant U.S. Attorney in the Southern District of New York for 13 years and as Chief of the Organized Crime-Terrorism Unit since December 1995, where he participated in the prosecution of United States v. Usama Bin Laden, et al., United States v. Abdel Rahman, et al., and United States v. Ramzi Yousef Rahman, et al.

As special counsel for the U.S. Department of Justice Office of Special Counsel, Fitzgerald was the federal prosecutor in charge of the investigation of the Valerie Plame Affair, which led to the prosecution and conviction in 2007 of Vice President Dick Cheney's chief of staff Scooter Libby for perjury.[3][4]

As a federal prosecutor, he led a number of high-profile investigations, including ones that led to convictions of Illinois Governors Rod Blagojevich and George Ryan, media mogul Conrad Black, several aides to Chicago Mayor Richard Daley in the Hired Truck Program, and Chicago detective and torturer Jon Burge.
                https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Fitzgerald
                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

The man holds the magic declassification wand.
                  Like I said, is that a smart power to vest?
                  I don't have to like it, but it is what it is.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                    That has nothing to do with the obstruction allegations, and you know it.

Comment

Just because it's legal for the president to be careless with classified information doesn't make it not careless. The fact is, you were very vocal about Hillary's careless handling of classified information--and what do you do when Trump does the same? You defend him by playing legal scholar.

Comment

The statute reads:

Does "hope" meet that?

Being a self-absorbed, phony, smarmy ***** is not an impeachable charge. (If it was we'd have impeached far more elected officials from both sides.)

Like I've said: I'm on manila envelope watch. The Comey memo(s)? That's not it. If there's real, irrefutable stuff it's going to show up on a Congressional Democrat's Georgetown townhome's front stoop one morning sooner or later.
                        So it doesn't bother you that don released what used to be classified information to the russians? The same russians who can share data with Iran and Syria?

The only thing you reply is that he can't be impeached for that? That's it?

I was under the impression that the slight possibility that a handful of classified documents could be hacked by outside forces really bugged you about Hillary. This is outright handing classified information out. Not exactly on the same plane.

Yea, he can't be impeached for instantly making something not classified by himself. But the actions are far, far, far, far, far worse than what Secretary Clinton did. Just technically more legal.

And it ignores the thread on 1) the obstruction of justice that seems to be getting deeper and deeper and 2) the result of that investigation path. Awesome.

Comment

He publicly admitted he fired Comey in an attempt to end the investigation. File the charges.
                          Originally posted by dicaslover
                          Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                          Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Mentioning those, what if the words in each don't match?

Trump would be damaged: He's TAPING!

Comey? Any shred of credibility would be gone.
                            You do realize that it can easily be truthful, too.

Right now, don is far better off shredding Comey. That should be pretty obvious. The fact that they can't, or have not, is interesting. They just say words.

But if the tapes confirm what Comey allegedly memo'ed, well, don is cooked.

Comment

Not one of my normal news sites, but it was linked to on Fark:

http://www.politicususa.com/2017/05/...&ICID=ref_fark

Essentially, Comey didn't keep memos of his meetings with Obama because Obama was truthful.

Edit: link won't work cause it contains an expletive that is starred out here.

Comment

This is like the Supreme Court: the President isn't final because he's infallible, he's infallible because he's final. Powers have to ground somewhere. The powers of executive agencies ground with the President. Classification is a power of an executive agency, ergo...

But I ask for a thought experiment. Close your eyes (not before reading the rest of this post) and imagine all this is occurring with Obama in the White House.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X