X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2nd verse same as the first 2016-2017

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
    I have a name that could interest many teams...UMass-Lowell's Cam Ellsworth, top assistant to Norm Bazin...and he is also the goaltending coach @ UML...a big sore spot for Maine...oh well just throwing it out...anyone else out there have IDEA's.
    Cam does a great job, and in my opinion, is an underrated part of UML's recent success. It's surprising his name hasn't been mentioned given all of these vacancies. If Mel Pearson leaves Mich Tech for Michigan, I'm wondering if there would be mutual interest to have Cam take over that job. He's a Mich Tech alum.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
      They said they did. I'm not very disappointed. The only thing I care about is the success of the team.
      Maine bid for 2020, 2021 and 2022

Comment

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
        It's hard to believe any Maine fan would ever forget the name of Grant Potulny who scored a PPG in OT of the 2002 Frozen Four to defeat Maine 4-3 for the National Championship.

Which never happens if Steve Piotrowski keeps his whistle in his back pocket like he should have.......he shouldn't never been officiating that game after kicking Walsh out of what turned out to be his final game the year before

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post
          Maine bid for 2020, 2021 and 2022
          I saw that in the paper this morning. There are earlier reports that said they were bidding for the other two that were just awarded. Maybe they're just saving face?
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Maine gets 8 NLIs signed. Who knows but this class sounds ok.

http://www.goblackbears.com/news/201...LYNQlA.twitter
            Last edited by walrus; 04-19-2017, 04:25 PM.
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
              Cam does a great job, and in my opinion, is an underrated part of UML's recent success. It's surprising his name hasn't been mentioned given all of these vacancies. If Mel Pearson leaves Mich Tech for Michigan, I'm wondering if there would be mutual interest to have Cam take over that job. He's a Mich Tech alum.
              He will get a job down the line, continued winning ways at UML will bring his name to the fore front of Head Coaching jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                I saw that in the paper this morning. There are earlier reports that said they were bidding for the other two that were just awarded. Maybe they're just saving face?
                Save face..? They put a BID in, what's the problem with that..?

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                  Maine gets 8 NLIs signed. Who knows but this class sounds ok.

http://www.goblackbears.com/news/201...LYNQlA.twitter
                  Here's hoping "AGAIN"...we've been through this before...we shall see when they lace the skates on for real this fall.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                    Here's hoping "AGAIN"...we've been through this before...we shall see when they lace the skates on for real this fall.
                    There is talent there. But, you know the rest of it.

Still concerned about the G position. We shall see about swayman, dont look for him to make any difference next year. Next year is all Rob. Hopeful he takes it serious this summer and works at it hard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                      I thought there was something in news a while ago about them bidding on 2018. Too lazy to fact check it though.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                        I thought there was something in news a while ago about them bidding on 2018. Too lazy to fact check it though.
                        I checked and different articles give different dates but some include 2018 and 2019. Maybe in the end they didn't bid but it seems a bit fishy.

Comment

There is talent there. But, you know the rest of it.

Still concerned about the G position. We shall see about swayman, dont look for him to make any difference next year. Next year is all Rob. Hopeful he takes it serious this summer and works at it hard.
                          Why negative on Swayman? I see he moved up six spots in the final central scouting rankings to 12th for North American goalies and is the highest Maine has had since Bishop.

I think Maine should be solid next year. Between Swayman and McGovern they should have no worse than average goaltending. They should have two good D pairings between Michel, Holway, Hamilton, and Binner and hopefully they can find a decent third pairing out of Herner, Spicer, Muehlbauer, and Keeper. It looks like the biggest weakness will be up front. There is some talent there but Vesey is the only upperclassman who is a top six forward. I would expect Maine is somewhere around eighth in hockey east and 30th pairwise. They've underachieved the last couple of years though so could end up being worse than that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                            Why negative on Swayman? I see he moved up six spots in the final central scouting rankings to 12th for North American goalies and is the highest Maine has had since Bishop.

I think Maine should be solid next year. Between Swayman and McGovern they should have no worse than average goaltending. They should have two good D pairings between Michel, Holway, Hamilton, and Binner and hopefully they can find a decent third pairing out of Herner, Spicer, Muehlbauer, and Keeper. It looks like the biggest weakness will be up front. There is some talent there but Vesey is the only upperclassman who is a top six forward. I would expect Maine is somewhere around eighth in hockey east and 30th pairwise. They've underachieved the last couple of years though so could end up being worse than that.
                            Not so much trying to be negative, but it really would be a surprise to see swayman be an impact player next season. Overall a good recruit.
                            Well his rating is good, the experts see something.
                            He will have to be good to get starts from rob, if rob returns with similar or more of an incremental improvement after the summer like last season.

Comment

Not so much trying to be negative, but it really would be a surprise to see swayman be an impact player next season. Overall a good recruit.
                              Well his rating is good, the experts see something.
                              He will have to be good to get starts from rob, if rob returns with similar or more of an incremental improvement after the summer like last season.

With a goaltender of Swayman's talent coming in, the pressure will be on McGovern to perform consistently

Comment

Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
                                With a goaltender of Swayman's talent coming in, the pressure will be on McGovern to perform consistently
                                I hope so but none of us have seen him play so it's all talk. Let's see what he can do before making any predictions

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                                X