X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston College Season Thread: PART II

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
    Looking ahead a couple years, BC is going to have a monster recruiting class in 2013. Evan Richardson as a 17 year old rookie in the BCHL is having a great season with a scoring line of 15g, 22a, 37 pts in 34 games. Austin Cangelosi, also a 17 year old rookie, but in the USHL, has a line of 16g, 20a, 36 pts (+18) in 29 games. I don't have stats for the other top forward recruit, Ryan Fitzgerald, but I do know that he's having a monster year at Malden Catholic and may be the best of the bunch. The last time we had this much firepower in one class may have been the Voce, Ben Eaves, Kobasew class of 2000.
    But all these 'monsters' have, pfffffft, shown little in the past there Chris. Whyizit any different this time around....lol
    Maybe you and JD wud explain to us all why Billet the Skillet is so talented as to be a 'monster'
    Last edited by acs64; 01-29-2012, 06:36 PM.
    I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
      But all these 'monsters' have, pfffffft, shown little in the past there Chris. Whyizit any different this time around....lol
      Good point. Hopefully the next 10 recruiting classes will do better than just 3 national titles in 10 years. Tough stretch to be a BC fan and not win 10 out of 10. Awful I tell ya!

And all that without cheating...
      Originally posted by reBlur
      the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

I guess if Kreider leaves, next year will be a rebuilding year if not already. Almeida is graduating, so we lose our top-2 goal scorers. Arnold will have to step it up next year along with other players. I don't know if Silk, Vatrano, and McMullen have the ability to produce goals at the college level as freshmen.
        Last edited by BCeagle; 01-29-2012, 06:43 PM.
        NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Vatrano is doing quite well with the NTDP and has already scored goals against some college teams, so he should be good to go. Not gonna put up 20 goals as a Frosh, but could be in the 10 goal range. Silk seems to have slipped a bit in the eyes of some and McMullen is probably more of a big body, grinder type. One thing that would help a lot next year is if Destry Straight comes around. While he's very talented, most of what I read said he wouldn't make an impact if he came in early this year; so the hope is he gets a little stronger and becomes a legit scoring threat next year. Just a year ago he was considered an "A" prospect by Central Scouting. I would hope that Linell can also improve his game and really have an impact next year. In my opinion, Defense is where we'll be hurting, especially with Domoulin likely leaving.

Comment

Vatrano is doing quite well with the NTDP and has already scored goals against some college teams, so he should be good to go. Not gonna put up 20 goals as a Frosh, but could be in the 10 goal range. Silk seems to have slipped a bit in the eyes of some and McMullen is probably more of a big body, grinder type. One thing that would help a lot next year is if Destry Straight comes around. While he's very talented, most of what I read said he wouldn't make an impact if he came in early this year; so the hope is he gets a little stronger and becomes a legit scoring threat next year. Just a year ago he was considered an "A" prospect by Central Scouting. I would hope that Linell can also improve his game and really have an impact next year. In my opinion, Defense is where we'll be hurting, especially with Domoulin likely leaving.
            I wud be worrying about sievelike goaltending and a cenile old coach if I were you. So tell me, are Jerry and Jackie drinking buddies, or simply old cenile drunks ?
            Last edited by acs64; 01-29-2012, 07:02 PM.
            I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Jeez Larry, you sure are happy to win 4 in a row over 2 mediocre teams.
              Originally posted by reBlur
              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                I wud be worrying about sievelike goaltending
                Both Milner and Billett have a better SP than Sullivan. Seems like you're the one who should be worrying about sieve like goaltending.

Comment

Anyone have a pair of tickets to BC @ Merrimack? Let me know - grant dot salzano at gmail dot com
                  Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                  Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                  Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Defense does not worry me as much, they got good recruits coming in on D. But they need offensive help if Kreider leaves. A lot of pressure on Arnold to make up some of that punch next year. Whitney will have to produce 15+ goals, Gaudreau will have to up his totals, Mullane is more of a playmaker, Hayes needs to up his goals production by a lot. 4-5 goals does not meet the needs of the team. They need that 2013 class in 2012.
                    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

i watched the whole PC-Mack game yesterday and there was not too much of a question who was the better team (in that game) . Except for a BS 5 minute major that MC scored twice on late first early second, PC should have won. Yeah i know MC is the better team but after what BU did to PC you may have thought the Friars may continue to slide. I was very impressed with them. The home and home second to the last weekend will be no walkover, like in this league ANY weekend is a walkover. Cannata was brilliant yesterday............on a side note, Brendan "Ah" Walsh out did himself. not sure if he uttered any sentences without an "ah" in it and most had two or three. totally annoying. Go get some broadcast schooling or something GEESH!
                      Last edited by sterlippo1; 01-30-2012, 04:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                        on a side note, Brendan "Ah" Walsh out did himself. not sure if he uttered any sentences without an "ah" in it and most had two or three. totally annoying. Go get some broadcast schooling or something GEESH!
                        Walsh really is horrible. The problem is he just isn't getting any better. Some guys struggled early and got more comfortable to the point where they are respectably average (Janney might be one of them). Who's butt did he kiss to get these jobs on tv?
                        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                          Anyone have a pair of tickets to BC @ Merrimack? Let me know - grant dot salzano at gmail dot com
                          Nothing through BC?

I'm going away that weekend so missing both games.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                            Nothing through BC?

I'm going away that weekend so missing both games.
                            Ah, good point. They typically tell me it's only for season ticket holders. But then again, I usually ask for @BU.

If they can't help me out I'll give you or Joe a call
                            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

If you know someone that does have season tickets, just tell them your season ticket is under that person's name.

Comment

#PensTrivia #5... Which #Pens player won the NCAA Men's Ice Hockey Championship in 2001? And what school did he win it with?

Anyone? Anyone?
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X