No announcement yet.

UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

Originally posted by HHound View Post
    It really is remarkable how quickly UML's Men's soccer has ramped up to become a serious D1 program. I still can't understand how the Huskies managed to deal with your guys. We haven't had a lot of luck with our program for a while now. What exactly did your coach do to get the kind of players that he has or did he take overlooked players that he skillfully coached up?
    Good question. Whatever he's doing, kids are buying into the program. Including those that knew they'd never have a chance to play in the AE or NCAA Tournaments. He's also an alum, so that helps his recruiting I'd think.
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
      And 20 minutes till we find out if they got an at large bid
      Bummer, no at large bid. UNH joins Albany from the AE in the tourney.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
        Good question. Whatever he's doing, kids are buying into the program. Including those that knew they'd never have a chance to play in the AE or NCAA Tournaments. He's also an alum, so that helps his recruiting I'd think.
        I have to think there’s a strong luck element in the recruiting and the northeast schools have been pulling their weight in recent years. Hockey is hard enough with the international recruiting... soccer must be mind boggling.

We want people who are going to put in the effort at all levels. You may not succeed but as long as we aren’t willing to settle then we will push forward.

It also helps that there’s an ethos in the school that believes in itself... when you believe in yourself so will others
        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
        Skating Friar Jersey
        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Master suspended one game, will miss Friday's home game vs. UConn.

http://hockeyeastonline.com/men/pres...1/nov13hea.php
          Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
          Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
          Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

• Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post

Very smart

Comment

• Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post

..its the right decision. Hard enough sport to play as is... that elbow has gotta stay away from the head.
              GO NU HOCKEY
              Always bullish on the future.
              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                ..its the right decision. Hard enough sport to play as is... that elbow has gotta stay away from the head.
                I didn't realize Master hit him with an elbow to the head.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong here Masters went to the box in the 3rd for Charging and ends up with the 1 game suspension

Sodergren who got the major in the 2nd for Contact to the Head is not suspended

Did I get that right?
                  Tully Rink Rat
                  Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
                  Youngstar
                  UML Class of 09

Comment

• i may have the 2 mixed up.. yes i believe sodergren got the elbow up.. the other kid i did not catch the replay.. but you gotta charge at the goalie with something right.. body, high stick what have you. it can only get worse. we already have 1 goalie with concussion (the guy that beat you guys twice) suffered with elbow to his head in another league gm prior.

league is trying to send a message, regardless of team.
                    GO NU HOCKEY
                    Always bullish on the future.
                    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                      i may have the 2 mixed up.. yes i believe sodergren got the elbow up.. the other kid i did not catch the replay.. but you gotta charge at the goalie with something right.. body, high stick what have you. it can only get worse. we already have 1 goalie with concussion (the guy that beat you guys twice) suffered with elbow to his head in another league gm prior.

league is trying to send a message, regardless of team.
                      I'm all for protecting the goalie. But if they are going to suspend someone suspend the right person.

I've always taken charging as a call they make when they have nothing else to call a.k.a he got hit too hard

But I'd like to see a replay of both. The Masters penalty happened right in front of me my seats are in that section low to ice but it looked he ran him and that was it, but I'd still like to see the actual replay.
                      Tully Rink Rat
                      Youngstar
                      UML Class of 09

Comment

Originally posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
                        I'm all for protecting the goalie. But if they are going to suspend someone suspend the right person.

I've always taken charging as a call they make when they have nothing else to call a.k.a he got hit too hard

But I'd like to see a replay of both. The Masters penalty happened right in front of me my seats are in that section low to ice but it looked he ran him and that was it, but I'd still like to see the actual replay.
                        Looks like Master launched into the air and hit him shoulder first into the head. Here is the replay:
                        http://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=3210283&t=01h57m03s

Edit - Here is the Sodergren hit as well: http://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=3210283&t=01h15m31s
                        Last edited by Middle Street; 11-13-2017, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                          Looks like Master launched into the air and hit him shoulder first into the head. Here is the replay:
                          http://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=3210283&t=01h57m03s
                          That kind of goonery is not what Lowell hockey is about. Disgusted.

Comment

They got the call wrong to begin with- one of the few times I actually agree with the punishment afterward.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                              That kind of goonery is not what Lowell hockey is about. Disgusted.
                              He was playing the puck which was still in the crease and went to the net hard. I'm never going to fault one of our guys for that, the jump is a little much

Looking at the Sodergren replay I don't think Primeau gets the benefit of the doubt that was a sell if I have ever seen one.

But I think the bigger issue is how do we get on the ESPN3 bandwagon. If the basketball team and soccer team are showing their games on there. Why not Hockey? Are we really that desperate for revenue steams?
                              Tully Rink Rat
                              Youngstar
                              UML Class of 09

Comment

He was playing the puck which was still in the crease and went to the net hard. I'm never going to fault one of our guys for that, the jump is a little much

Looking at the Sodergren replay I don't think Primeau gets the benefit of the doubt that was a sell if I have ever seen one.

But I think the bigger issue is how do we get on the ESPN3 bandwagon. If the basketball team and soccer team are showing their games on there. Why not Hockey? Are we really that desperate for revenue steams?
                                Did you watch? Even Jimmy Connolly, a UML grad, wasn't giving him an excuse in his commentating. That is how people get really hurt. .

Comment

Working...
                                X