Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Future Frozen Four sites

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
    Make the drive from Manhattan to Portland, Maine then come back and talk about it in comparison to Grand Forks to Sioux Falls.
    Heck, I've made the drive from Manhattan to Portland, Maine, in one day. I've also driven from Manhattan to Grand Forks in one day.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      Is it arenas that make the bids or the schools/leagues that host? Isn't there an arena in Rochester NY where the AHL teams play? Or the Mass Mutual center in Springfield?
      Springfield is definitely west. Ask anybody who lives east of Needham.
      "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        Carly Simon never wrote about Sioux Falls (or Grand Forks).
        You obviously didn't know that Grand Forks was the inspiration for The Stuff That Dreams Are Made Of.
        North Dakota
        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          Allentown is now in the West?
          Why would Penn State be considered host in an arena almost three hours away from Penn State? And why wouldn't they be hosting at an arena like Pegula Ice Arena?

Comment

Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
            Why would Penn State be considered host in an arena almost three hours away from Penn State? And why wouldn't they be hosting at an arena like Pegula Ice Arena?
            because some schools or conference needs to be host and if possible bids should be from off campus facilities, if on campus was allowed, PSU wouldn't be the only one.
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
              Why would Penn State be considered host in an arena almost three hours away from Penn State?...
              The proximity of the host to the venue is irrelevant. Alaska-Anchorage hosted the 1999 FF in Anaheim; Alabama-Huntsville and Wisconsin (separately) hosted the two FFs held in Tampa
              "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                The proximity of the host to the venue is irrelevant. Alaska-Anchorage hosted the 1999 FF in Anaheim; Alabama-Huntsville and Wisconsin (separately) hosted the two FFs held in Tampa
                Generally though regionals are relatively close to the host but 4 hours in the west/Midwest isn't unusual for distance from host to regional.
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                  And UMass beat them in the first game. Thanks to a certain goalie named Jonathan Quick...
                  1-0 OT. I think there were all of 300 people there.

And Toot playing the Trap which George could never solve.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
                    3 hrs?

On horseback
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Do we even know if certain bids were denied? Under the current 4 neutral site regional system, i don't see why anyone cares that Pennsylvania is the "midwest" regional. It's just a name, semantics. If you want a new system like campus games, fine. But if we don't know who bid then I don't know how you can complain. Is there a "western" bid that was laughed at by the committee?

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        Do we even know if certain bids were denied? Under the current 4 neutral site regional system, i don't see why anyone cares that Pennsylvania is the "midwest" regional. It's just a name, semantics. If you want a new system like campus games, fine. But if we don't know who bid then I don't know how you can complain. Is there a "western" bid that was laughed at by the committee?
                        We should ask the Futile Four committee.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          the point is that the system is broken if no one in the west/Midwest is except for UND and PSU.

Comment

the big10 is a midwest conference. psu is in the big10. ergo they host a midwest regional.
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              the big10 is a midwest conference. psu is in the big10. ergo they host a midwest regional.
                              So Air Force could host the east regional in denver?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                                the point is that the system is broken if no one in the west/Midwest is except for UND and PSU.
                                Traditional west/midwest bids would be somewhere in Minnesota and Michigan. Are venues in those states putting in bids? Is there something scaring off potential bidders?

Comment

Working...
                                X