Minnesota Golden Gophers 2017-18 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers 2017-18 Season Thread

I thought that Sidney Peters looked very comfortable and confident in net. There was really only the Mansucko 3 on 1 that she looked a bit panicked on but otherwise she was very calm and collected. Number 9 amazes me in the creative ways that she can come up with to turn the puck over. Definitely got the sense that number 23 was getting a bit frustrated with the physical play of some of the Mansucko players. Reilly got taken nicely into the boards at one point...In what would have been a nice check in men's hockey. It must have been a good night for fn hawk memories for number 22 of the Landcows, as she put more players into the opposition net than pucks.
    At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
      I thought that Sidney Peters looked very comfortable and confident in net. There was really only the Mansucko 3 on 1 that she looked a bit panicked on but otherwise she was very calm and collected. Number 9 amazes me in the creative ways that she can come up with to turn the puck over. Definitely got the sense that number 23 was getting a bit frustrated with the physical play of some of the Mansucko players. Reilly got taken nicely into the boards at one point...In what would have been a nice check in men's hockey. It must have been a good night for fn hawk memories for number 22 of the Landcows, as she put more players into the opposition net than pucks.
      This is from today's StarTribune piece on Matt Dumba and it made me think of someone:
      "And one thing Matt and all defensemen have to learn, especially talented offensive defensemen, they have to learn to simplify their game so less is more.”

Comment

It must have been a good night for fn hawk memories for number 22 of the Landcows, as she put more players into the opposition net than pucks.
        Including a hard forearm to Peters' head that reminded me of Reginald Lisowski in his nastier moments in the ring. But, maybe I'm exaggerating somewhat.
        "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
          This is from today's StarTribune piece on Matt Dumba and it made me think of someone:
          "And one thing Matt and all defensemen have to learn, especially talented offensive defensemen, they have to learn to simplify their game so less is more.”
          Very appropos! Although I often marvel at her offensive skill, more than once have I joked to the buddy I sit next to at Ridder, that she is the best backchecker on the team!
          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Agnew from Woken, a dream come true! The first of many

That none for four power play is not so good. Pretty frustrating.

Comment

Mercyhurst next week!
              Friday Nov 10 2pm CT-
              Saturday Nov 11 1pm CT
              Streaming-StretchInternet looks like $10.99 for a day pass

https://portal.stretchinternet.com/cha/

Comment

Our passing in the offensive is improved a lot and it's nice to see a bunch of people scoring goals.

I wonder if we should move Baldwin to forward and Skarzynski back to defense Skarzynski has been moved to forward all three of her seasons. I don't even have an impression of her play at 'd'. Her play at forward the last few weeks has been the best it's ever been IMHO.

Comment

Check out this epic piece of 90s nostalgia: https://twitter.com/Salzano14/status/927899459375259648

Full video here, starts at 12:50: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xt70b0
                  Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                  Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                  Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                    Check out this epic piece of 90s nostalgia: https://twitter.com/Salzano14/status/927899459375259648

That was awesome. SO 90's.
                    Thanks for posting!

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                      Thanks for posting!
                      Anytime
                      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                        Thanks for posting!

Wow, that was fun!
                        Thanks Grant.

Comment

From GPL, two recruit announcements.

Vivian Jungels(03) for 2022 and Ella Huber (02) for 2021

Also Neutral Zone has Anne Cherkowski (02) from Pursuit of Exellence committed to Minnesota for 2020. Hadn't seen that before but I'm probably late to the party on that.

Comment

From GPL, two recruit announcements.

Vivian Jungels(03) for 2022 and Ella Huber (02) for 2021

Also Neutral Zone has Anne Cherkowski (02) from Pursuit of Exellence committed to Minnesota for 2020. Hadn't seen that before but I'm probably late to the party on that.
                            So it looks like the Gophers recruit a) the state of Minnesota; b) the province of B.C.; c) Chicago Mission. Although progeny of Jack and Marlene Brodt likely deserve their own category, particularly if you can count their next-door neighbors.
                            "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                              Although progeny of Jack and Marlene Brodt likely deserve their own category, particularly if you can count their next-door neighbors.
                              It is quite convenient to drive the van with the hand-painted "Free Skates" sign up and down that street.

Comment

Newly announced Gopher commitments from the past week:

F Peyton Hemp (Andover)
                                F Ella Huber (Chicago Mission U16) from Northfield, Illinois

D/F Vivian Jungels (Edina U15?)

Comment

Working...
                                X