Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep retirement lodge 193 — where should Mookie visit next?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep retirement lodge 193 — where should Mookie visit next?

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Afternoon, Lodge. Had tentative plans for lunch with a buddy, but he forgot about a previous engagement. Figuring out what to do with my time, and saw a tweet for a somewhat local brewery (about 30 miles west of me, which is pretty much hickville area; Waconia for the locals) who is releasing a special beer (only 40 bottles). So decided to head out there, because why not?

And still no snow. Zilch. Everything headed south, I guess.
    Waconia? Hickville? That's hilarious.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
      I'm sure it will be a blast. Watch out for flying strings of beads!

Hey Minnesota peeps. What hotels are within easy walking distance of Xcel? I have a hotel booked for the FF but it will mean driving and I would like to avoid that if I can. I know they are already booked but I'm hoping that someone whose team doesn't make it will cancel.
      Get anywhere cheap and clean. Uber is plentiful. It will save you hundreds of dollars. Anywhere in the cities will work.

But since you’re a Sioux fan, I recommend Duluth. Duluth, GA.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Thanks for the tips all. Mrs. sfis had knee replacement surgery 3 weeks ago so a place real close would be helpful. But not to the tune of $350/night.
        Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Thanks for the tips all. Mrs. sfis had knee replacement surgery 3 weeks ago so a place real close would be helpful. But not to the tune of $350/night.
          and you are making her WALK?!?!?!?!!!?

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

If you want to avoid driving, or using an Uber, Lyft or taxi, then I'd suggest, like someone else said, get a hotel near Stadium Village at the U of M campus. Look for one that's real close to the Green Line LRT route, and take that train over to the X for the games. There's generally more to do in Minneapolis than there is in downtown St. Paul, and downtown Minneapolis is just in the other direction on that same train route.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              If you want to avoid driving, or using an Uber, Lyft or taxi, then I'd suggest, like someone else said, get a hotel near Stadium Village at the U of M campus. Look for one that's real close to the Green Line LRT route, and take that train over to the X for the games. There's generally more to do in Minneapolis than there is in downtown St. Paul, and downtown Minneapolis is just in the other direction on that same train route.
              It didn't look like the green line stops very close to Xcel - about 6 blocks or so?

Comment

It didn't look like the green line stops very close to Xcel - about 6 blocks or so?
                Five or six blocks, though two of them are small. That might be a judgment call for you and your wife at that point. I know many people recover very quickly from knee surgeries, but I'm still not yet a doctor.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  and you are making her WALK?!?!?!?!!!?

350.00 cuts into his beer money.

Comment

Originally posted by omahasioux1 View Post
                    350.00 cuts into his beer money.
                    Exactly!

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                      Waconia? Hickville? That's hilarious.
                      Well, when the beertender asked what part of town I was from, I answered "Over by Ridgedale/Minnetonka." His response? "You mean like the Ridgedale Mall Ridgedale?" He really had no idea that there is not a city called Ridgedale MN. There is only a mall called that.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                        Quinnipiac Bobcats
                        2023 National Champions
                        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                        ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                        East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                        Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                        Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                        Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

s’upp y’all

Comment

Good morning Lodge. Here at the folks’ place for the holidays. Supposed to be icy today and we’re supposed to get 4-6” of snow Christmas morning. Greeeaat. Not happy about that.

So, my mom had me reach out to my brother’s friend in LA to have him buy two gift cards for places he goes to eat. He did and mailed them to my mom a week ago Friday. She still hasn’t received them. I reached out to him just to confirm he sent here. He did. He’s here visiting his family so it’s not like he could check to see if they got returned or something. He marked the envelope “photos” so i don’t think anyone walked off with them. Plus they’re for restaurants in California so it’s not like a thief could do anything with them. Do we tell my brother today if the gift cards don’t show up, or just put an IOU under the tree until we figure out what happened? I hate that my mom is out $100.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                                Good morning Lodge. Here at the folks’ place for the holidays. Supposed to be icy today and we’re supposed to get 4-6” of snow Christmas morning. Greeeaat. Not happy about that.

So, my mom had me reach out to my brother’s friend in LA to have him buy two gift cards for places he goes to eat. He did and mailed them to my mom a week ago Friday. She still hasn’t received them. I reached out to him just to confirm he sent here. He did. He’s here visiting his family so it’s not like he could check to see if they got returned or something. He marked the envelope “photos” so i don’t think anyone walked off with them. Plus they’re for restaurants in California so it’s not like a thief could do anything with them. Do we tell my brother today if the gift cards don’t show up, or just put an IOU under the tree until we figure out what happened? I hate that my mom is out $100.
                                Mail still comes today!

Have faith girl

Comment

Working...
                                X