OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

Gutsy win......may not be a season maker but it cant hurt,never say die,have not seen that for awhile..p.s. I liked the third jersey,will there be a auction for them??
    Last edited by bakdraft21; 11-06-2016, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Genny was slightly ahead for a bunch of the game but they certainly weren't dominating at any point. They played well defensively and were able to take advantage of a few good bounces to take a lead. In the third period Oswego was completely dominant and they got dirty to win the game. Eddie was obviously able to get through to them and convince them that they needed to get gritty to win the game and they did it. I haven't seen net crashing like that from an Oswego team in years. You can't always expect to play mediocre hockey for 40 minutes and expect to come back and win but they also now know that they can beat anyone of they are all pulling in the same direction and playing with a little sandpaper.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker28 View Post
        Genny was slightly ahead for a bunch of the game but they certainly weren't dominating at any point. They played well defensively and were able to take advantage of a few good bounces to take a lead. In the third period Oswego was completely dominant and they got dirty to win the game. Eddie was obviously able to get through to them and convince them that they needed to get gritty to win the game and they did it. I haven't seen net crashing like that from an Oswego team in years. You can't always expect to play mediocre hockey for 40 minutes and expect to come back and win but they also now know that they can beat anyone of they are all pulling in the same direction and playing with a little sandpaper.
        yes good things happen when you go to the net, a few of their penalties happened when we went to the net as well,throw it at the net and crash it,perhaps the PP should try that?? I thought the game was pretty even and we did very good to stay out of the sin bin as well,we have to give credit to the coaches and players for that for sure.The netminding for the weekend was pretty good,wondering if there will be a rotation going on as we move forward??

Comment

At the game Saturday. I honestly think there wasn't much difference between the 2 teams in the first two periods, Genny just buried there chances. This was a first class, fast pace game from start to finish. Glad I didn't miss it. 4 & 0 now we have something!
          Individually I thought these guys stood out, Johnston, Hulsof, Herlihey.
          Apparently Federow and Huffnagle are hurt.
          oh ya, liked Davies game as well
          Last edited by coasttocoast; 11-06-2016, 03:09 PM. Reason: s

Comment

Oswego Geneseo photos up https://woodnstickphotos.shutterfly.com/

Comment

Have yet to see Berry or the freshman Bruce,any info??? Moved to 7 in the poll.........stay hungry

Comment

ok who gets the start btwn the pipes tomorrow night in Cort??

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                  ok who gets the start btwn the pipes tomorrow night in Cort??
                  I am heading down tonight. With only the one game this weekend I am expecting to see The Z man in net. He wasn't great in Cortland last year but nobody else was either. He goes tonight, may see Jake against Potsdam and of course Z against Platty.

Comment

According to hockey stats there were 1211 people at the Cortand game... Oswego fans must have really gone in numbers for this game. I've been to some of them in the past down there but never saw numbers like this! Go Lakers...

Comment

• Re: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

Originally posted by skipperbob View Post
                      According to hockey stats there were 1211 people at the Cortand game... Oswego fans must have really gone in numbers for this game. I've been to some of them in the past down there but never saw numbers like this! Go Lakers...
                      Yeah, there were a lot of us there. The Cortland fans that were there were even more quiet than usual as well. I was surprised to see Jake in net but he was excellent. In my opinion Cortland outhustled Oswego all night but they have little to no offensive savvy and Jake was good when called upon. Oswego scored some really nice goals and also had four posts in the game 3 by Shawn Hulshof and one by Tyson Bruce. I thought Bruce played a very good game last night. The elbow on Kenny Neil near the end of the game was about as blatant a cheap shot as I have seen in a while. The refs wasted no time sending the punk to the showers and giving him a game off. They had some momentum and were only down two goals and on the PP so doing that killed their chances of coming back. Eddie or Bob would have him in street clothes for a few games after that stunt.

Injury news. Aaron Huffnagle expects to be back for the North Country trip next weekend. Sean Federow had surgery on Thursday and is looking to be back in about 3 weeks.

Comment

watched the game on video, rewinded the Neil hit,......yikes!. Big man, a charge, contact to head then the boards. Neil with his head down puck in his feet. That hurts just watching it. I hope/pray he's OK. The ref called it Boarding, could have been a few things.
                        Period 1&2 Cortland was certainly right with us, had the edge in the second but we got the goals. The third period belonged to us. Score was flattering, but as Digby said after the game it was an ugly game, but you have to be able to win those ones as well.

Comment

Originally posted by coasttocoast View Post
                          Score was flattering, but as Digby said after the game it was an ugly game, but you have to be able to win those ones as well.
                          Exactly. Last year they weren't winning the games where everything didn't go perfect for them. They fought through the bad breaks and the mistakes to get the two points. And they were very excited coming off the ice after the game to the cheers of the Laker faithful. Definitely a different group than last year.

Comment

Between gymnastics for the daughter and a new puppy only caught the third,seemed we had some great scoring chances,post/crossbar,and buried a few.Hit on Neil was bush,that guy should have a bullseye on his back at the CC.Team is doing the dirty work from what I see so far this year,and they crash the net and play with waaaaaaaay more passion than last year.Jake looked steady in goal ........Should be an interesting North country trip.Thanks for the injury updates.

Comment

Anyone have any video highlights from any of the games this season so far? Any at all?

Comment

Originally posted by toto238 View Post
                                Anyone have any video highlights from any of the games this season so far? Any at all?
                                Nope. Haven't seen a thing this year so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X