X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2016-2017

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    Solid 6-0 win....here's my observations after seeing 2 periods out of 3 due to technical difficulties.....I missed most of the first period. SOG 34-16.

Never seemed like the Pankowski line got going, though they had 10 sog. Pankowski only had 2, Clark 3, Shaver 5. Kinda disappointed in that line's performance seeing as they were the only line in tact from last year.

Roque is one great player, speed, vision and a hockey IQ of 200. What a beautiful backhanded pass from behind the goal to Wellhausen on her 2nd goal. That line looked really good. That line had Shaver 2, Roque 1 and Wellhausen 4, so only 7 shots, but they seemed to create a lot of chances.

Norby didn't really make an impression playing with Nurse and McKibbon. Sog 5/5/1 for Norby.

Didn't see a lot of the 4th line, but Mauermann was on the pk with McKibbon one time and on a couple other shifts she showed some wheels. They did get bottled up once in the 3rd period in the D zone. I think she's kinda mismatched on the 4th line, but this year that's the talent pool she has to play with.

The last half of the 3rd period MJ was mashing lines together.

ARD had a big back door save in the 3rd to preserve the shut out.

None of the D jumped out in a bad way, which is great, though someone fell asleep on the big save.

Overall a very good game for the first game, UW controlled play and played very well in the D zone. The line chemistry will come together as time goes on. I don't think there's any reason to shuffles the lines at this point, but I sure would like to see the Shaver/Roque/Wellhausen line stay intact.
    My thoughts on this past weekend games at St. Cloud: I'm not worried at all about the Pankowski-Clark-Cogan line. They seemed to find their mojo in the third period of game #2 and I fully expect them to be on the same page with one another in 2 weeks vs. Ohio St. The same can be said about the McKibbon-Nurse-Norby line. There is obvious chemistry between McKibbon and Nurse. It will take time for Norby to learn how to play with that pair. She is someone who was used to having the puck on her stick a lot in high school and now she must learn to play with out it on many shifts. She is a smart player though and will figure it out! The line of Shaver-Roque-Wellhausen was the most impressive I thought. Throughout both games they created scoring chances on pretty much every shift. If it wasn't for the stellar play of Taylor Crosby in net in game #2 this line could have easily had three or four more goals. Wellhausen has always been a fast and hard working player but, she seemed to have even more in the gas tank this past weekend. That entire line really compliments each others talents really well. Shaver and Wellhausen have all kinds of speed and create chances everywhere and Roque has really great hands and is hockey smart! Our defense made a few mistakes in both games but, that will be cleaned up through more practice. (they have had only 2 as a full team) It sure was great to see Rolfes back on the ice! Such a good player! All in all a very good weekend for the Badgers! Really excited for this season!
    Last edited by rangersrule; 09-26-2016, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Badger single-game tickets are now on sale, and the ticket office website is showing the Border Battle series to be Friday & Sunday (Dec. 2 & 4). Times are still not finalized.
      Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
      Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
      Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

It will take time for Norby to learn how to play with that pair. She is someone who was used to having the puck on her stick a lot in high school and now she must learn to play with out it on many shifts.
        This is an excellent point. I agree she'll get it figured out. They also only had 2 practices together as a line once Nurse got back from National camp. I wonder if they have fully coached practices during the bye week or are the coaches limited like in pre-season to 2 hrs a week.
        Last edited by Timothy A; 09-26-2016, 10:19 PM.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyDave View Post
          Badger single-game tickets are now on sale, and the ticket office website is showing the Border Battle series to be Friday & Sunday (Dec. 2 & 4). Times are still not finalized.
          How stupid to have single game tickets without times established. I hate that my season tickets don't have times on them.

Comment

How stupid to have single game tickets without times established. I hate that my season tickets don't have times on them.
            And my contact within the Gopher team staff said that even the dates still haven't been confirmed yet (despite what the UW ticket office website states).

Comment

And my contact within the Gopher team staff said that even the dates still haven't been confirmed yet (despite what the UW ticket office website states).
              That makes sense in that they may be trying to figure out a way to not play Friday and squeeze the UW gals in between men's hockey and bb. That is a good sign.

Comment

That makes sense in that they may be trying to figure out a way to not play Friday and squeeze the UW gals in between men's hockey and bb. That is a good sign.
                Now just heard from my contact that it will be a Saturday-Sunday series, though I'd like to see confirmation from Madtown to be certain.

Comment

Now just heard from my contact that it will be a Saturday-Sunday series, though I'd like to see confirmation from Madtown to be certain.
                  Fran-freaking-tastic! If you can't trust a rodent, who can you trust?

Comment

Fran-freaking-tastic! If you can't trust a rodent, who can you trust?
                    more accurate & reliable than a popcorn-striped skunk.

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                      more accurate & reliable than a popcorn-striped skunk.
                      That is funny, I LOLed, but not very accurate.

Comment

That is funny, I LOLed, but not very accurate.
                        Musteloidea
                        its all in the family

Comment

Musteloidea
                          its all in the family
                          That's also not very accurate...it's in the superfamily.

Badgers are in a family with our friends the wolverines, the Mustelidae family! Skunks have their own family, distant cousins!

As far as popcorn is concerned, I appreciate good sources of fiber.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                            That's also not very accurate...it's in the superfamily.

Badgers are in a family with our friends the wolverines, the Mustelidae family! Skunks have their own family, distant cousins!

As far as popcorn is concerned, I appreciate good sources of fiber.
                            I am surprised you enjoy fiber - given Badger fans seem to be full of sh . . . aving cream! Sorry, don't mean to keep tinkling on a Badger thread, I'll stop now. It was fun though

Comment

I am surprised you enjoy fiber - given Badger fans seem to be full of sh . . . aving cream! Sorry, don't mean to keep tinkling on a Badger thread, I'll stop now. It was fun though
                              The two are related...my sh-----s are better when my fiber intake is better.

Comment

The countdown is on til I can smell the ice and hear the pucks hit the glass.

I'm guessing MJ keeps the lines in tact, he specifically mentioned how well Shaver and Roque played together.

Comment

Working...
                                X