Northeastern 2018 Off-season: Dog Day Afternoon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it was '94, not '95.. i think.
    gm tied 5-5 vs lake state, we had a goal in OT that was overturned or waived, or they didnt catch it.. i forget which (they did not have video replay back then).
    upon review by all the local tv outlets here in boston, it was a good goal that should have stood. anyway, we went on to lose 6-5 to Lake St.. in that or the nxt overtime.. who then went on to beat BU 9-1 in the finals.

that def was a heartbreaker.
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
      it was '94, not '95.. i think.
      gm tied 5-5 vs lake state, we had a goal in OT that was overturned or waived, or they didnt catch it.. i forget which (they did not have video replay back then).
      upon review by all the local tv outlets here in boston, it was a good goal that should have stood. anyway, we went on to lose 6-5 to Lake St.. in that or the nxt overtime.. who then went on to beat BU 9-1 in the finals.

that def was a heartbreaker.
      I remember that. Blain Locker was stud goalie from Lake State.
      These are good times to be a Husky Dawg!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tilldog40 View Post
        I remember that. Blain Locker was stud goalie from Lake State.
        lacher @ lssu.. ah yes. we had shields, aube, bouchard, & of course dan mcgillis who went on to have a stud nhl career with edmonton, philadelphia, then couple seasons with the bruins as well, i think.. that, that '94 team was another fun group to watch. great season
        GO NU HOCKEY
        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Re: Northeastern 2018 Off-season: Dog Day Afternoon

I feel like they may be a much different team, in terms of their style. Unless these underclassmen take a huge step forward, or some of the recruits make a big impact right off the bat, they're not going to be the Huskies that can potentially put up 6 goals a night. They'll be the ones with a good goalie and hopefully a good defense that grind out some 2-1 wins. What gives me hope is that a couple veteran defensemen and a good goalie will give you a chance in any game. We've seen guys who were not big impact players early on that took big steps forward in successive years. They may very well not be as good as this year, but the best I can say is they'll probably be a different type of team.
          Let's Go Huskies!

Northeastern University '02

Comment

Just curious:I also liked a lot of what I saw from Bobby Hampton. Was he injured down the stretch or did the Staff just sit him?

Comment

My piece on Sikura signing his ELC

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/ge...s-hobey-baker/
              "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                so, so happy for him. liked by all.. true teammate on & off ice. he will be missed. best to him! (hopefully get to see him skate for chicago, thurs)

also i read on nu men's hockey (twitter), nolan stevens signed with st louis this morning. also wishing him continued success.
                GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

actually merrimack is hockey east, but i still hope keefe stays put. and respectfully, i think on paper we may have been a stronger team, but michigan proved their mettle on the ice yesterday. they were seeded higher for a reason. they had a game plan for our top forwards; & executed perfectly. they might be the best team this wknd from what i am seeing today (thus far).

nu did well to stay with 'em for 2.9 periods.. just ran out of gas towards the end.
                  and really?.. this is the most disappointed you've been as a husky fan? this past season..? in 30+ odd years..? c'mon, it didnt end as we had hoped, but program accomplished some things. got some (inconsequential, i know) hardware & may have a hobey banner before all is said & done. have faith, we've had manson, kevin roy, zach aston, benning, (all nhlers now) come through the program recently. hopefully more there with gaudette, sikura & this class.. there will be more players. they see that the coaches develop these kids. there will be more. and hopefully more successful memories as well. let's keep the faith.

The reason that it is the most let down I have been, I know there we harder gut punches, Merrimack on '88, Lake State in '94, beanpot '15. But this year there were high expectations, this was a good team. THe top line in the country, all 3 will be playing in the NHL this week, 4 good dmen, I leave Williams off that list, and a stud in net. When have has NU had the kind of lineup, that fire power, that high end talent upo front. WE all said that we weren't happy just to be there, I wanted at least 1 NCAA win, would have been first in 30 years. Instead this season ended lik all of the others. It shurts

Comment

Originally posted by huskies31 View Post
                    .. I wanted at least 1 NCAA win..
                    so did st cloud..
                    GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

so, so happy for him. liked by all.. true teammate on & off ice. he will be missed. best to him! (hopefully get to see him skate for chicago, thurs)

also i read on nu men's hockey (twitter), nolan stevens signed with st louis this morning. also wishing him continued success.
                      Yup, Nolan signed and will be reporting directly to STL for the playoff push. I'll have a piece on him and Adam coming this week too.
                      "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

so did st cloud..

So because S. Cloud **** the bed its OK that NU lost?

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                          Yup, Nolan signed and will be reporting directly to STL for the playoff push. I'll have a piece on him and Adam coming this week too.
                          that was a well done piece. liked especially the pic, signing/ with his parents.
                          GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Gaudette has officially signed with Vancouver. Three-year entry-level contract.
                            Celebrating 20 Years of TheDogHouse

Comment

Huskies31, a couple of posters have tried to reason with you but you insist to keep on about how this is the worst loss ever. Yeah, you wanted an NCAA win - who didn't? This team didn't miss by much. A few shots off posts, a goal called back on a debatable penalty call, stuff happens. This was, essentially, a One Line Team. How many times have you seen a OLT go deep in the tournament? The '12 BC Hayes Arnold Gaudreau team also had Kreider Dumoulin and Carey, NHLers all. This NU team just didn't have the depth. Other than the First Line, Davies and Primeau will see the NHL. Solow/Jozefek/Filipe started out as the #2 Line. In the last game, they were #4. The D as a group I liked (Cecere and Owens developed tremendously), but they had their limitations. If this team had the Forward depth that the 2016 team had, I would have expected more in the NCAAs. But seeing how this team was shut down in games at times this season, It was evident that playing in the Tournament would bring the kind of opponents that NU was not well suited to deal with. So, don't take this one too hard. It was fun while it lasted. Next year will probably be a step back in the standings but it will still be interesting.

Comment

actually, come to think of it; was really because of minnesota & north dakota not making the tourney.. threw them off for sure..

edit: i'd read ppguru's post. he summarized it best.
                                Last edited by northeastern; 03-26-2018, 12:35 PM.
                                GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                                X