No announcement yet.

WCHA 2017-18 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The BADgers' scoring struggles continue from last year's national championship, gaining only a 3-1 win at home over Lindenwouldn't while outshooting them 51-9. Not scoring at least 5 goals with that many shots isn't a great sign but I suppose a win is still a win no matter how ugly.

Comment

Re: WCHA 2017-18 Season

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
      The BADgers' scoring struggles continue from last year's national championship,
      That is a ridiculous statement. UW lost 60%+ of their scoring, it's not even close to being the same team with 8 new skaters, not including the 2 new goalies. Tilly gets a lot of the credit for the Clarkson win, I hold her way more responsible for the loss than UW's scoring ability. I do believe UW will have issues scoring this year with all the youth, and missing Clark, Pankowski and Shirley. At least their schedule is favorable for getting the players to gel a bit before the battle royal.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        Tilly gets a lot of the credit for the Clarkson win, I hold her way more responsible for the loss than UW's scoring ability.
        You need to watch that game again.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
          You need to watch that game again.
          I had bad seats for sure and have not watched a video of if, but the main point was this year's team is way different than last years and comparing the 2 is crazy.

Comment

The BADgers' scoring struggles continue from last year's national championship, gaining only a 3-1 win at home over Lindenwouldn't while outshooting them 51-9. Not scoring at least 5 goals with that many shots isn't a great sign but I suppose a win is still a win no matter how ugly.
            Ehhhhh idk, if it were me I'd be more concerned if they won like 5-0 but only outshoot them 30-20 or something. 51-9 implies a complete outclassing.
            Lindenwouldn't
            Oh well done A++
            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

That is a ridiculous statement.....
              Hook, line, and sinker! Lol. I knew someone would bite. It's early in the season and none of these exhibition games mean a thing. Just having some fun. With 51 shots being taken but only 3 goals scored, I'm willing to bet a lot of those shots were right into the other goalie's stomach which is pretty typical in women's hockey in general.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                Ehhhhh idk, if it were me I'd be more concerned if they won like 5-0 but only outshoot them 30-20 or something. 51-9 implies a complete outclassing.

Oh well done A++
                Lol, thanks!

Comment

It's early in the season and none of these exhibition games mean a thing.
                  True, but this wasn't an exhibition! haha
                  Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                  Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                  Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Dogs beat the Wcaps - 4-1.

Comment

Hook, line, and sinker! Lol. I knew someone would bite. It's early in the season and none of these exhibition games mean a thing. Just having some fun. With 51 shots being taken but only 3 goals scored, I'm willing to bet a lot of those shots were right into the other goalie's stomach which is pretty typical in women's hockey in general.
                      Well you KNEW I could not let that one go....Good one, nicely played. Are you on twitter? Someone tweeted @ Grant that UW must suck because the only scored 3 on them, maybe you were fishing for me twice. I didn't bite on that one.

Comment

Well you KNEW I could not let that one go....Good one, nicely played. Are you on twitter? Someone tweeted @ Grant that UW must suck because the only scored 3 on them, maybe you were fishing for me twice. I didn't bite on that one.
                        No, I'm too much of a twit to tweet.

Comment

No, I'm too much of a twit to tweet.
                          Twits are the best tweeters. I don't do twitter to tweet, I'm not cleaver or fast witted enough to be interesting, I do twitter for info gathering.

Comment

College Hockey in September? Always a schedule challenge for me. But three September games in five days? I made it to the Ice Rink, but the usual USCHO time just wasn't there. That said, it was a fine set of games. Each deserves a quick mention.

Starlight Express: Top Stars From OSU's September Games

Tuesday, September 26th
                            Ohio State 8
                            South Korea 0
                            Top Stars: Lauren Boyle & Maddy Field combined on a highlight reel backdoor play. The Buckeyes were bigger, faster and more skilled than their opponents on this night. Among the many offensive highlights, the Boyle/Field goal epitomized it best.

Friday, September 29th
                            Ohio State 4
                            RPI 1
                            Top Star: A New Hope has landed in Columbus in the form of Freshman Tatum Skaggs. A two goal, breakout performance in the official season opener. The Force is strong with this one. Welcome, Young Jedi.

Saturday, September 30th
                            Ohio State 4
                            RPI 0
                            Top Stars: Kassidy Sauve and the Buckeye 'D' Corps. Concerns have been raised about the Buckeyes' depth on 'D'. No problems this time around; The Buckeyes controlled their own end throughout the weekend. The Saturday Shutout was a fitting reward for the effort.

Up Next: Road Trip To Minnesota.

Comment

A shout out to Kirsten Krull. If you have not watched her NHL Network "On The Fly" style weekly recaps of the WCHA they are worth watching. Krull does an incredible job with appropriate inflection and flawless stumble free execution.
                              The St Cloud state broadcast student will definitely have no trouble finding work after school. Look out Jamie Hersch. You can find a link to her weekly updates on the WCHA website and here is a link to her pre season WCHA introduction. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_tFSl_Q6Mw
                              I know it's more WCHA content, but it is another young lady involved in the women's game without skates on. Got to be worth something.

Comment

Much too late to be news, but for the record:

Startlingly Late: Starlit Reflections From The OSU/UMD Series

Friday, October 13th
                                Ohio State 2
                                UMD 0

#3 Star: Sydney Brodt, Minnesota-Duluth
                                Played the whole 200 feet all night long. 16 of 23 in the face-off circle.

#2 Star: Maddy Field, Ohio State
                                Banked the puck off the UMD Goalie to open the scoring... and net the GWG.

#1 Star: Kassidy Sauve, Ohio State
                                Saves in quantity. Saves of quality. Well earned shut out win. After a shutout, most goalies stay in the crease, and wait for the celebration to come to them. Not Kassidy; she charged the Buckeye bench. Sauve is playing with passion and confidence.

Saturday, October 14th
                                Ohio State 4
                                UMD 3

#3 Star: Naomi Rogge, Minnesota-Duluth
                                Momentum swung back and forth in this game. Naomi had a goal and a primary assist to lead the Bulldogs' best surge. Rogge also bagged a late goal in a UMD comeback bid that fell just short.

#2 Star: Emma Maltais, Ohio State
                                Opened the scoring with an assist from Charly Dahlquist. Launched the shot that led to...

#1 Star: Julia Iafallo, Ohio State
                                ... Julia's brilliant tip-in. Iafallo's power play goal was the turning point of the game.

Up Next: Road Trip To St. Cloud; Series Currently in Progress

Comment

Working...
                                X