Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2017 Season Thread III: Terriers falling (into the off season)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2017 Season Thread III: Terriers falling (into the off season)

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    Ah, how could I forget that?? defkit made that trip. He needs to reminisce here about it.

I think I was thinking regional sites. Since they went to that format (the two super regionals and then the four regionals) all of BU's trips to the Frozen Four have come out of the east.
    yes, that was a campus tour.

when they started the regionals, bu would be the host in worcester. therefore the boys would play in worcester.
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tater View Post
      How do you explain Bellows missing multiple games and being on the 3rd line based on his play?
      Bellows was benched for insubordination not his crappy play..BU is unbeaten when he is in the stands...if he wasn't an NHL draft pick he would have never returned....he has also been misused...he should never be more than 5 feet away from the net...can't skate or make plays at this level but he can take up space and score in tight...his -9! shows his defensive prowess
      Last edited by BUtogether; 03-20-2017, 06:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
        Harlem Globetrotters
        With Quinn as their coach. Would lose
        To the Generals

Good luck in the NCAAs. Tough draw but at least you're in. Someone always surprises to come out of one bracket, why not BU? (I'm not actually asking that, because I know BUTogether will have some 'answers')
        It could happen but it would be based on faith and the fact that Oettinger can steal a game.

Comment

Saw on the Terrier Hockey Instagram that Nik Olsson was on the ice practicing.

Comment

Can't remember (and I'm not going back to look up with the plethora of posts), but I think someone asked why the BU/UND game was so "early" (2:00 p.m. local time Friday). I believe it's because NCAA Women's Basketball is on basically all night Friday night. Based on the DirecTV schedule I'm looking at now, ESPN and ESPN2 have games at 7:00 and 9:00, leaving ESPNU as the only "available" channel (not including WatchESPN, which, of course, is not on "TV" unless you plug a cable into your TV). So they "pick up" an extra "slot" on ESPN2 by having a game early, before the basketball.

The schedule:
            7:00 (EDT): EPSN - Two women's NCAA Basketball games
            3:00 (EDT): ESPN2 - BU vs ND (followed by Special Olympics and then two women's NCAA Basketball games)
            4:00 (EDT): ESPNU - Providence vs Harvard
            6:30 (EDT): ESPNU - Ohio State vs Minn-Duluth (followed by college track and field)

Comment

Ah, how could I forget that?? defkit made that trip. He needs to reminisce here about it.
              And I only went out for Game 3!! I tried my hardest to go of the whole series but couldn't find a ride. Then after the Game 2 win, I was literally in the elevator quad in Claflin, waiting for the elevator when I heard my phone ring. Debated whether to go back in my room to answer it. I did, and it was some guys hoping to rent a car. "If we get on the road by 1:00am, we can be in Lansing by Puck Drop!! Are you in?" 15 hours later, outside Munn, the Spartan fans were applauding our commitment, but assured us that there was no way their #1 ranked team was going to lose two in a row, with the FF being in nearby Detroit. Tony Amonte and company thought otherwise.

Thanks, Scarlet.
              Last edited by defkit; 03-20-2017, 08:29 PM.
              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Saw on the Terrier Hockey Instagram that Nik Olsson was on the ice practicing.
                He wore the blue non-contact practice sweater, but it's very encouraging that he's back on the ice. If they pull off #WhyNotBU this weekend and assuming his recovery is full, would love to see him return to the lineup in 2+ weeks.

BU Hockey: Win 2 for Nik

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                  And I only went out for Game 3!! I tried my hardest to go of the whole series but couldn't find a ride. Then after the Game 2 win, I was literally in the elevator quad in Claflin, waiting for the elevator when I heard my phone ring. Debated whether to go back in my room to answer it. I did, and it was some guys hoping to rent a car. "If we get on the road by 1:00am, we can be in Lansing by Puck Drop!! Are you in?" 15 hours later, outside Munn, the Spartan fans were applauding our commitment, but assured us that there was no way their #1 ranked team was going to lose two in a row, with the FF being in nearby Detroit. Tony Amonte and company thought otherwise.

Thanks, Scarlet.
                  Game 2 video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYvRa75QXaU
                  Game 3 video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaAkEHFksnU
                  The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                    So BU moves up a notch to #6 in both polls, leapfrogging Union. Surprising.
                    BU also beat Union head-to-head, without seven players who were at the World Juniors.

Comment

The grit and determination of that team was unbelievable. Maybe they should show some of these clips to the boys before the game Friday! Seriously...that performance is what pride is all about.

Those 150 fans made more noise than 1000 do today (well, you knew THAT was coming)

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
                        BU also beat Union head-to-head, without seven players who were at the World Juniors.
                        That can't be possible...they won a game without McAvoy?...they also won 3 in a row with both Diffley and Switzer playing D....and with Bellows in the stands...and you wonder why there is a motivation problem on this team?

Comment

• I stayed on campus for the MSU series that weekend. They showed the first two games on a big screen at the GSU. For some reason, Game 3 was shown at the Case gym. I don't recall how many were there, but when BU scored the 5th goal, the gym felt like it was shaking.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                            And I only went out for Game 3!! I tried my hardest to go of the whole series but couldn't find a ride. Then after the Game 2 win, I was literally in the elevator quad in Claflin, waiting for the elevator when I heard my phone ring. Debated whether to go back in my room to answer it. I did, and it was some guys hoping to rent a car.
                            A sentence kids today would not understand. I thought you went out after Game 1. I remember watching the game in the GSU that Friday night, seeing Roachman at the back, shaking his head. My friend, who was the Asst. Sports marketing Director at the time told me she got a call at 4am Saturday from him telling her a bunch of guys were on the road heading out there and could she help them get tickets. She called Larry Fudge (remember Larry Fudge??) and he got them tickets. Did I misremember that was just for Game 3 or were you part of a second group of fans that went out there?

Comment

• Originally posted by BUtogether View Post
                              That can't be possible...they won a game without McAvoy?...they also won 3 in a row with both Diffley and Switzer playing D....and with Bellows in the stands...and you wonder why there is a motivation problem on this team?
                              Yeah, yeah we get it. You want your son to play.
                              Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

. I remember watching the game in the GSU that Friday night, seeing Roachman at the back, shaking his head.
                                gimme a T!!!!
                                gimme an E!!!
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X