X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2nd verse same as the first 2016-2017

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
    No Hockey East all rookie team nods. Awesome sauce.
    UMass and Maine were the only two teams not to receive any sort of award or runnerup award. Pretty sad.

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
      No Hockey East all rookie team nods. Awesome sauce.
      I didn't see a candidate wearing Maine blue. Fossier posted great numbers very early, but he seemed to be a right time/right place guy in retrospect. Nobody else comes to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
        I didn't see a candidate wearing Maine blue. Fossier posted great numbers very early, but he seemed to be a right time/right place guy in retrospect. Nobody else comes to mind.
        Fossier was injured for a few games. The best numbers were by Pearson with 14-8-22. Fossier was something like 8-8-16 and played in something like 9 fewer games.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
          Me either but I read here how great this recruiting class was so.....

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
          43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
          104-47-14 (.669) in that time
          3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
            UMass and Maine were the only two teams not to receive any sort of award or runnerup award. Pretty sad.
            But again that's why there 11th & 12th place teams, lacking talent compared to other teams...not that some of these players from this years recruiting class can rise...but overall the recruiting @ both schools have not been able to move either team up in the standings. These teams now a days will pull a diamond out of the rough...but most of the time these are players that would be depth and 3rd/4th liners and 5/6 pairings on defense on the top 6 teams in Hockey East. When you win and win each and every year you attract better players and "IF" you have a Coaching Staff in place that "CAN SELL" the Program and the future direction of the team onwards and upwards in the standings and into Post Season play and beyond to the NCAA's. Tough sell for both these days. (imo)

Comment

Regarding the above discussion on HE rookie recognition, this doesn't concern me at all. This freshman class as a team scored 36 goals, 2nd in HE to BUs stacked freshman group. This is very encouraging​.

Ideally a sniper or three would be great, but overall give me a team over individuals anyday. Hopefully the freshmen, soph, juniors, seniors think about being a team.
              Last edited by NorthMike; 03-16-2017, 06:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                Regarding the above discussion on HE rookie recognition, this doesn't concern me at all. This freshman class as a team scored 36 goals, 2nd in HE to BUs stacked freshman group. This is very encouraging​.

Ideally a sniper or three would be great, but overall give me a team over individuals anyday. Hopefully the freshmen, soph, juniors, seniors think about being a team.
                No, I'm not concerned either. This coming season (according to Gendron), Maine will be competing for a national championship.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post

It would be nice to have a freshman come in and score 50 points but the downside is they would leave soon after. For where Maine is at right now they're better off having guys who are in the 20-30 point range their first year and stick around for three or four years. How people can be unhappy with Maine's freshmen class is really beyond me.
                  Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                  Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                    It would be nice to have a freshman come in and score 50 points but the downside is they would leave soon after. For where Maine is at right now they're better off having guys who are in the 20-30 point range their first year and stick around for three or four years. How people can be unhappy with Maine's freshmen class is really beyond me.
                    Just us fans and the voting Hockey East coaches who watch film On and compete against em. What do they know, obvs they're just looking for 50 point guys!

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                    43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                    104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                    3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

• Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                      No, I'm not concerned either. This coming season (according to Gendron), Maine will be competing for a national championship.
                      Oh don't get me wrong, the team isnt going to do much next year. I'm just speaking of the freshman class.

I dont have confidence in the coach staff, hockey office nor the athletic department to get them where us fans want to see them.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                        Unless a d corp and a legit brickwall for a goalie are coming in next fall, Maine won't compete for home ice in the HE playoffs
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

As expected Byron elects free agency
                          http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2017/03/15/...t-free-agency/
                          UMaine Black Bears Recruit Info Site GO BLUE!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bhall44 View Post
                            As expected Byron elects free agency
                            http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2017/03/15/...t-free-agency/
                            I would have thought that Pittsburgh style would have fit Byron's game...and with that once he becomes a Free Agent he can find his spot...Expansion Vegas Golden Knights are said to want to fill out there team and farm system with College type players along with other players from Juniors to Eroupeans and with the eye on youth. With the success of the rebuilding Toronto Maple Leafs he could be on there radar also. Either way he has 31 teams to have a shot at him including Pittsburgh. He'll get his chance.
                            Last edited by Ma#1ne Hky; 03-17-2017, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post

Yeah, but how many freshman for Maine versus BU? If Maine's got ten freshmen and BU has only four or five, that's not that indicative of a stat, not an apples to apples comparison.
                              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                                Yeah, but how many freshman for Maine versus BU? If Maine's got ten freshmen and BU has only four or five, that's not that indicative of a stat, not an apples to apples comparison.
                                Trust me, you don't want to go the "superstar freshman" route. Getting a bunch of great players isn't the same as having a great TEAM. I'll take a hard-working team with a great ethic (i.e. Lowell, or even BC) over "talent." Yeah, you need some, but without older leadership to give reality checks and maintain discipline both on and off the ice, it all falls apart. A guy sitting behind me last night (no names mentioned) whose son is friends with one of the BU players said that Charlie McAvoy is TELLING PEOPLE that he will be "playing for the Bruins THIS spring." OK. Great. I'm sure his mind (and many of his buddies') were on that PLAYOFF game last night...

Comment

Working...
                                X