Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI @ UMA, Friday, 10/12/18

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Not ENTIRELY true, as there have been plenty of times a team has put the puck into their own open net. However, possession can be a bit misleading, especially considering a majority of goals in our league are scored on the odd man rush.
    Leave it to you to find the exception to the rule. Tell me FDude, how often have you seen a team put the puck in their own net? I'll take that risk to keep control of the puck. See russian National team performance in the Olympics back in the days before our professionals were allowed in. They did not lose often and preached and played possession hockey
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
      Let’s be clear (for those who don’t live in hockey east land:

UMass Amherst - known as UMass
      UMass Lowell - known as Lowell or the Dirty Birds.

Carry on
      I separate them as such on the schedule spreadsheet because of programming limitations, and probably carried over from that. I do agree with your separation, although it wouldn't be exactly that proper to put "Dirty Birds" on the sheet.

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
        If she was even within 50 miles of the game, I’d be there #smokeshow

Happy Friday Doc! LGR!
        SS-glad to be here with you guys. Actually, at this stage of my life, glad to be anywhere! And yes Uma was a hottie.

Comment

I separate them as such on the schedule spreadsheet because of programming limitations, and probably carried over from that. I do agree with your separation, although it wouldn't be exactly that proper to put "Dirty Birds" on the sheet.
          Yes Dirty Birds isn’t a sanctioned moniker, however, life is tough
          Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
            Leave it to you to find the exception to the rule. Tell me FDude, how often have you seen a team put the puck in their own net? I'll take that risk to keep control of the puck. See russian National team performance in the Olympics back in the days before our professionals were allowed in. They did not lose often and preached and played possession hockey
            I saw us do it at the Shillelagh tournament right in front of me, as well as once at Lake Placid. Strangely enough, we had a goalie in both times. I will give you they were freakish in nature. As for the Soviets, wasn't one of the main callouts their ability create odd man situations that resulted in many goals, as opposed to the "earned goals" that would happen from possession play?

Comment

Anyone else have the video?

Comment

I saw us do it at the Shillelagh tournament right in front of me, as well as once at Lake Placid. Strangely enough, we had a goalie in both times. I will give you they were freakish in nature. As for the Soviets, wasn't one of the main callouts their ability create odd man situations that resulted in many goals, as opposed to the "earned goals" that would happen from possession play?
                They would hold the puck and cycle for what seemed forever. often going back and starting over. But their offense started by gaining the puck and they always had 3 very good faceoff men on the ice at most times. Speaking of the late 50's and 60's of course.

Comment

MEN'S GAME RESET

Time: 0:00

Score:
                  T RPI:
                  T UMA:

Power Plays:
                  RPI:
                  UMA:

Comment

of Uma?
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Always felt the nickname 'Minutemen' kind of derogatory.

Comment

They would hold the puck and cycle for what seemed forever. often going back and starting over. But their offense started by gaining the puck and they always had 3 very good faceoff men on the ice at most times. Speaking of the late 50's and 60's of course.
                        It certainly happens, as SLU has done it to us a number of times. And even if you don't score with it, it does have the effect of tiring the opposition, which can lead to the "mistakes" that create the goals I described.

Comment

Not working for me at all

Comment

Always felt the nickname 'Minutemen' kind of derogatory.
                            The "Minute", perhaps, sort of like how SU changed to the Orange?

Comment

It certainly happens, as SLU has done it to us a number of times. And even if you don't score with it, it does have the effect of tiring the opposition, which can lead to the "mistakes" that create the goals I described.
                              Felt for many years that SLU did more with less than most other teams. Attributed it to just extremely good coaching both in game preparation and in game adjustments by a master coach

Comment

It took me a while to get it set up, but it is on now very good picture
                                Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                                Benjamin Franklin
                                The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                                Gary Player

Comment

Working...
                                X