Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.09: How do I hate thee? Let me count the posts.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.09: How do I hate thee? Let me count the posts.

Trump's own lawyers go to meeting with him in pairs so there's already a witness to his conversations.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
      That has nothing to do with the obstruction allegations, and you know it.
      As I asked, is "hope" obstruction? Would a prosecutor go with that?

If there's more that meets the statute I cited, ... charge him.
      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
        Just because it's legal for the president to be careless with classified information doesn't make it not careless. The fact is, you were very vocal about Hillary's careless handling of classified information--and what do you do when Trump does the same? You defend him by playing legal scholar.
        Hillary didn't have the magic wand. Trump does.
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
          He publicly admitted he fired Comey in an attempt to end the investigation. File the charges.
          There's the impeachable charge. File it.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
            As I asked, is "hope" obstruction? Would a prosecutor go with that?

If there's more that meets the statute I cited, ... charge him.
            As Maize said, he flat out admitted to firing Comey because of the Russia investigation during the Lester Holt interview.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
              Which doesn't address the point I was making, and that alfa more eloquently made--and I suspect you know that.

Comment

So you'd be fine with President Obama doing what Trump did? Bullshiat.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                  So it doesn't bother you that don released what used to be classified information to the russians?
                  It bothers me fundamentally; however, he's the President. He can do that.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                    So you'd be fine with President Obama doing what Trump did? Bullshiat.
                    I'd be unhappy but President is President. I'm not in a position to change Federal law ... yet.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

So regardless of who is in power, you would be ok with classified information being passed on to people who should not have it, then.

Good to know.

I'll remember that in 2020 for the next President. Or perhaps in 2019 when Speaker Schumer becomes President.

Someone needs to bookmark this page.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        But I ask for a thought experiment. Close your eyes (not before reading the rest of this post) and imagine all this is occurring with Obama in the White House.
                        Just as frustrated.
                        Too much power vested in one person.

Congress is supposed to be leading. Article I is Legislative, not Executive, for a reason.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                          Or perhaps in 2019 when Speaker Schumer becomes President.
                          Chuck isn't giving up the senior Senator* slot from NY to go slummin' in the House.

*World's most exclusive club and all, ya'know.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

It bothers me fundamentally; however, he's the President. He can do that.
                            Not much, apparently. Just barely enough.

The legal aspect of risking the exposure of classified documents vs. legally handing them over is the big deal.

Not the actual act of risking classified information vs. just handing it over. The *risk* of illegally betraying the country is much worse than the actual legal act of betraying the country (as well as the source country).

Comment

I'd be unhappy but President is President. I'm not in a position to change Federal law ... yet.
                              But you are in the position to be as critical of his handling of sensitive information as you were oh so willing to be when the subject was Hillary.

Comment

Just as frustrated.
                                Too much power vested in one person.

Congress is supposed to be leading. Article I is Legislative, not Executive, for a reason.
                                Yeah, we have three co-equal branches of government and one of them has to come first.

Congress is not more powerful than the other 2.

Comment

Working...
                                X