Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Business, Economics & Tax Policy 5.0: Can a blind nut find a squirrel?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Business, Economics & Tax Policy 5.0: Can a blind nut find a squirrel?

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Social security has no money. This isn’t Norway.

Let’s stick with reality please
    Social Security has GOBS of money. Where do you think all the money for all the wars came from?
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      How would you spend, on average, 10 million per week?
      You wouldn't that's the point.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        Social security has no money. This isn’t Norway.

Let’s stick with reality please
        Social security has plenty of money and is relatively easy to fix. It's Medicare that is going to be hard.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
          Social security has plenty of money and is relatively easy to fix. It's Medicare that is going to be hard.
          Medicare is easy too. Just raise the tax.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
            ... in an economy where 70% of GDP comes from consumer spending.
            Is that part of our overall problem? How do we solve that (if it is a problem)?
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              How would you spend, on average, 10 million per week?
              Easy.
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                Is that part of our overall problem? How do we solve that (if it is a problem)?
                You're the one who espouses libertarian tendencies. It's kind of rich for you to even ask if all that private spending is bad.

Surely you're not asking for a larger share of government spending?

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                  You're the one who espouses libertarian tendencies. It's kind of rich for you to even ask if all that private spending is bad.

Surely you're not asking for a larger share of government spending?
                  OK, I did a poor job of asking the question.

So much consumer spending is on service based things and not "making stuff" (which tends to be better paying jobs). We've become a service economy, not a manufacturing economy.

How can we fix that.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

OK, I did a poor job of asking the question.

So much consumer spending is on service based things and not "making stuff" (which tends to be better paying jobs). We've become a service economy, not a manufacturing economy.

How can we fix that.
                    We're not going to. As robots make more and more of our stuff (remember, gross manufacturing output is as high as ever in this country, it just takes fewer people to do it) humans will be left with primarily service and entertainment jobs. That's not a bad thing in the aggregate, but it will require a fundamental restructuring of our entire way of thinking about things.

Comment

I also like how “making things” doesn’t include food in a lot of people’s minds and people who work in that industry are very much underpaid compared to other blue collar jobs generally speaking.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                        I also like how “making things” doesn’t include food in a lot of people’s minds and people who work in that industry are very much underpaid compared to other blue collar jobs generally speaking.
                        And generally speaking, pay and pay rates are related to value added to the end product.
                        If a state-mandated pay rate can't be covered with value added to the product/price, well ... the simpler the better.

PS - I didn't know "I'm lovin' it" was dead for "the simple the better" until just now.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

And generally speaking, pay and pay rates are related to value added to the end product.
                          If a state-mandated pay rate can't be covered with value added to the product/price, well ... the simpler the better.

PS - I didn't know "I'm lovin' it" was dead for "the simple the better" until just now.
                          Pay hasn't kept up with productivity gains in decades.

Comment

Exactly, and you can’t tell me making food is somehow less valuable than manufacturing whatever.

Also fast food tried automation like 2 decades ago and got rid of t because it was actually less efficient.

Comment

I thought you said “decade”

I was going to say you spelled forty years wrong.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                I thought you said “decade”

I was going to say you spelled forty years wrong.
                                Yeah perhaps it was even earlier, definitely in the 90’s.

Comment

Working...
                                X