OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

Well from this senior class we're up to 4 getting a shot in pro leagues. Hard to wonder how with so much talent we couldn't pull it out in the end.

Alex Botten on ATO with Fayetville SPHL, recorded first point last night with an assist

Joey Davies on ATO with Mississippi SPHL, faced off against Kenny's team last night, were roommates a week ago.

Kenny Neil with Pensacola SPHL, was the 1st star last weekend and had a shootout game winner

Shawn Hulshof with Indy Fuel ECHL, has recorded 1 assist, and came very close twice last night unsure if it was amazing saves or post hits. Was reported by the teams Twitter that he was so close. Pretty much the story of his year with us and posts.

Comment

Originally posted by OZrebel View Post
      Well from this senior class we're up to 4 getting a shot in pro leagues. Hard to wonder how with so much talent we couldn't pull it out in the end.

Alex Botten on ATO with Fayetville SPHL, recorded first point last night with an assist

Joey Davies on ATO with Mississippi SPHL, faced off against Kenny's team last night, were roommates a week ago.

Kenny Neil with Pensacola SPHL, was the 1st star last weekend and had a shootout game winner

Shawn Hulshof with Indy Fuel ECHL, has recorded 1 assist, and came very close twice last night unsure if it was amazing saves or post hits. Was reported by the teams Twitter that he was so close. Pretty much the story of his year with us and posts.
      Just a question....Will these guys finish the semester and graduate??? or just drop out mid semester ?

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
        Just a question....Will these guys finish the semester and graduate??? or just drop out mid semester ?
        The only one I'm sure that had already finished classes to obtain his degree is Kenny Neil, I am unsure of the other three.

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
          I think these are usually 3 game tryouts,then they go back to school and figure out whats what for next yr or when school is done,????? Cant imagine dropping out after 3 and 2/3rd yrs

Comment

• Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
            I think these are usually 3 game tryouts,then they go back to school and figure out whats what for next yr or when school is done,????? Cant imagine dropping out after 3 and 2/3rd yrs
            Neil is done with school, signed to a full players contract yesterday. Just looked at transactions list and nothing has moved so far on Hulshof however his was not listed as a 3 game ATO like most are. Will see how this week shakes out for the Botten and Davies.

Comment

Good news for Kenny, his stat lines didn't look great so I was worried.
              Most of these players come to Oswego as 20 year olds with academic credits to transfer over. As long as they are good students they can finish early/Christmas, although the hockey schedule is demanding. As an example, I believe Barton has earned his first Degree and is working on his MBA this semester/year, all online courses. The other guys may be taking a few online courses. My understanding, only one of the seniors is not completing his degree by May, and he will finish this Summer.

It would be sad that the players may not make it back for their senior Banquet, but you can't blame them for chasing the dream/opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by coasttocoast View Post
                Good news for Kenny, his stat lines didn't look great so I was worried.
                Most of these players come to Oswego as 20 year olds with academic credits to transfer over. As long as they are good students they can finish early/Christmas, although the hockey schedule is demanding. As an example, I believe Barton has earned his first Degree and is working on his MBA this semester/year, all online courses. The other guys may be taking a few online courses. My understanding, only one of the seniors is not completing his degree by May, and he will finish this Summer.

It would be sad that the players may not make it back for their senior Banquet, but you can't blame them for chasing the dream/opportunity.
                I would imagine that if your playing a few yrs of jr's,why not get some credtis t make it ezr when you arrive on campus,or the double major idea is great,congrats all around.

Comment

Coach Gozek one of 4 finalists for the RPI head coach vacancy.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

They now call him "KEN NEIL."

So he went from "The Real Deal Kenny Neil", to "Ken's: Born in a great steakhouse."

But really, hats off to him on inking a deal and getting off to a great start.

Also that is still the best Thousand Island dressing available in stores today.
                    Last edited by vcxc3200; 03-28-2017, 11:35 PM.
                    Our bite is worse than our bark....
                    Top guys, out.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      Coach Gozek one of 4 finalists for the RPI head coach vacancy.
                      where do you see that one?? or is there another coach GoSek with a Z ??? ??
                      Last edited by bakdraft21; 03-29-2017, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                        where do you see that one?? or is there another coach GoSek with a Z ??? ??
                        This post on College Hockey News makes that claim, sourcing a story on Albany station WNYT, but I cannot find a story on WNYT's website or Facebook.

EDIT: Found video on Twitter

Last edited by Scott_TG; 03-29-2017, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Thanks can only wish him the best of luck...

Comment

It would be great to see Eddie get a gig like that but I feel like they are wasting his time. They are going to hire former player Ben Barr most likely. That said if he were to get the job Oswego is still in pretty good shape with Mark and Johnny behind the bench. Plus they have Andy Rozak hanging around in the high school world that would be a good assistant coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker28 View Post
                              It would be great to see Eddie get a gig like that but I feel like they are wasting his time. They are going to hire former player Ben Barr most likely. That said if he were to get the job Oswego is still in pretty good shape with Mark and Johnny behind the bench. Plus they have Andy Rozak hanging around in the high school world that would be a good assistant coach.
                              I think, not sure,that it is nice to be recognized with a interview,and perhaps next time a spot he may want opens he has that on his resume and has some god interview experience.

Comment

OK, looks like Coach G is staying put

Comment

Working...
                                X