X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nice Planet 14: You People Make Me Sick

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    The only fans I've ever consistently been harassed by is UND fans. All opposing fans throw some good-natured stuff, sure. However, UND fans just throw in the barb that is a bit over the line at best. Even the random Packer fans I've come across generally don't get mean with their trash-talk.*

*Note: this doesn't make them less annoying with their cheers for the team/etc. Seriously, I wonder what the world record is for saying "Go Pack Go!" for a game?
    I ended up teaming up with a UND fan to get a drunk Gopher fan to stop harassing Mercyhurst fans at Mariucci. Every fanbase has them.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      I ended up teaming up with a UND fan to get a drunk Gopher fan to stop harassing Mercyhurst fans at Mariucci. Every fanbase has them.
      Yes, every fanbase has their *******s. Hence my use of the word "consistently."
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        The NFL in arena experience is awful. On top of the fact that the fans are pretty much scum in the arena the game is flipping boring as heck.

The problem is the fan experience is getting that way with all sports...it takes way more convincing to get me to an arena or stadium than it used to because no matter the team or the game people just sucks.
        I've never had issues at baseball games. But these days I only go to one a year at most, and tend to pay for better seats. It may still be bad in the bleachers/upper deck areas.

Comment

Can't say I've ever had any problem in many, many games at Lambeau. Even with the extensive pre-gaming that goes on the atmosphere is always a pretty jovial in tone and even Bears and Vikings fans that are genuinely awful people, turn good natured.
          Originally posted by WiscTJK
          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
          Originally posted by Timothy A
          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
            Other than the snoring.
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              ...one-eyebrowed Miss Canton GF.
              Also known as a "Clarkson 10", I assume?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                This is hilarious coming from a Michigan Tech alum.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Clarkson L, St. Lawrence R:

And that's just the women...
                  Last edited by Kepler; 10-13-2017, 01:05 PM.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    This is hilarious coming from a Michigan Tech alum.
                    Well yeah, you think I don't know what my people, the nerdery graduates, have been through?

Comment

• Re: Nice Planet 14: You People Make Me Sick

Well yeah, you think I don't know what my people, the nerdery graduates, have been through?
                      Pretty sure you went through a few violations of the Geneva Convention.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                        Can't say I've ever had any problem in many, many games at Lambeau. Even with the extensive pre-gaming that goes on the atmosphere is always a pretty jovial in tone and even Bears and Vikings fans that are genuinely awful people, turn good natured.
                        Went to my first game at Lambeau last year against the Vikings. I've never seen two "rival" fanbases mixing together and having such a good-natured time together. I think it's just a bit of the upper-midwest attitude and that quite often you'll have families split between Viking and Packer fandom.

Comment

It goes without saying that altercations at sporting events almost always involve over-served jacka55es. Not that they aren't dicks normally, booze just amplifies it.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            This is not fun to watch.

https://***********/TMZ_Sports/statu...42143069716481

What the hell is wrong with people? I'm just sick watching that.
                            As if Thursday night football wasn't bad enough already...

Comment

Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
                              Went to my first game at Lambeau last year against the Vikings. I've never seen two "rival" fanbases mixing together and having such a good-natured time together. I think it's just a bit of the upper-midwest attitude and that quite often you'll have families split between Viking and Packer fandom.
                              "Without sports, this wouldn't be disgusting."
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Every event in which x% of the participants are drunk has the potential for rotten behavior. Ever been to a party before? A bar?

I agree that the NFL experience is just not for me anymore, but it wasn't because of fans but because it's boring and the Metrodome sucked ***. I would still gladly go to a Twins, Wild or Wolves game if I had the chance.

Comment

Working...
                                X