Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UAA 18-19 Matt 2.0

Originally posted by Suze View Post
    Wasn't there, but the MAC isn't really set up for college games. Highschool teams play there. I used to go to the Chugiak highschool games and I don't recall there being an issue with the PA system.

Sorry, I meant the Wells Fargo arena

Comment

UFC was crazy tonight.
      Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

All the CC goals were from the hash marks and closer.
        No defense in front of a goalie sometimes out of position and the scoreboard shows the result.
        Was pleased with the team effort and we showed some offense.
        These guys will win some games this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
          No defense in front of a goalie sometimes out of position and the scoreboard shows the result.
          A few rookie mistakes. I liked Curley's post game thoughts. Goal tending was the issue last night, but the guys didn't help the goalies in a few of those goals. Not all were Stead's fault. Hoping for a better performance tonight.
          Originally Posted by aparch
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
            A few rookie mistakes. I liked Curley's post game thoughts. Goal tending was the issue last night, but the guys didn't help the goalies in a few of those goals. Not all were Stead's fault. Hoping for a better performance tonight.
            At least you scored.
            “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
              Shot attempts were 39-37 CC. That's got to be a promising sign considering just how much UAA got shelled in that category last year.
              https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
              https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
              NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
              Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                At least you scored.
                It’s the little things.
                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
                  Shot attempts were 39-37 CC. That's got to be a promising sign considering just how much UAA got shelled in that category last year.
                  SOG were pretty close too, another encouraging sign.
                  I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                    SOG were pretty close too, another encouraging sign.
                    Good performance tonight. The guys are looking good. Killing off penalties for the last 12 minutes of the second period killed the momentum. First a 5 minute major and then two 5 on 3's. Come on guys, let's play the third to WIN.

Positives so far … we are winning faceoffs. Our penalty kill has been amazing. And we scored a pp and short handed goal. Special teams!! The guys are playing with a lot of energy.
                    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Woo hoo! What a gutsy game by the green and gold. Winning 4-3 over CC. Nice way to bounce back guys. I think we found a goalie!

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

SEAWOLVES WIN!

We won't go winless! Woo!
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Nice job, UAA.

Comment

Good stuff! Got a soft spot for youse.

Also, a comeback win after giving up a 10-spot the night before to the same team...that's some serious mental toughness there
                            https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
                            https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
                            NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
                            Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

On the CFB call, live it looked like the player felt the contact, started to turn, lost his balance and fell into the boards, not so much an actual check. Kind of a rough call IMO.
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                                On the CFB call, live it looked like the player felt the contact, started to turn, lost his balance and fell into the boards, not so much an actual check. Kind of a rough call IMO.
                                Totally agree with you. He was kinda hit on his side, not his back. A few non-calls on CC didn't help either. Heck, UAA played more than half the second period short handed. But hey, they beat CC and the refs. Whatever, UAA looked like they wanted to win. Haven't seen that kind of hustle and desire in a while.

Looking at the stats, CC had 14 power plays on the weekend to UAA's 4. And one of ours was only 27 seconds long. Special teams were amazing.
                                Last edited by Suze; 10-07-2018, 11:33 PM.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X