This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV: The Golden Era Reborn

Fargo is off to a good start. The whole vibe of the show is just perfect, regardless of what the actual plot is. How do they come up with a couple that is trying to take over the traveling bridge circuit?
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Fargo S3 did have a great start which pleased me greatly.

For some reason despite how much I enjoyed S1 of the Blacklist I couldn't get past E1 or 2 of S2 and never returned. I can't explain it, but the same thing happened to me for Lost, Prison Break and 24. S1 and done for me.

Gomorrah S3 starts up again in May. This is an Italian series about a modern crime family and is very well done. I highly recommend.

Comment

Oh I completely forgot that we both loved Shameless (US)
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Oh ****. Fargo already started?

It didn't record for me.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            Oh ****. Fargo already started?

It didn't record for me.
            Hmm. Me neither.

Maybe staggered dates?
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Fargo started this week.

I'll put in a vote for Rectify. Solid, but not outstanding series.

Guy who has spent 25 years on Death Row gets conviction overturned, and returns to the small town where he grew up (and where the alleged crime took place). Obviously, most believe he did it. And.....go.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

So I saw 15 minutes of Tucker Carlson on the plane this afternoon. That was enough for a lifetime. He conducted his entire panel in the voice of Alex Jones, with the demeanor of a 16 year-old girl.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  So I saw 15 minutes of Tucker Carlson on the plane this afternoon. That was enough for a lifetime. He conducted his entire panel in the voice of Alex Jones, with the demeanor of a 16 year-old girl.
                  That's the kicker. Fox replaced bill with someone just as bad. They don't care.

Comment

I stumbled onto an episode of Red Green. What a great show. I miss watching that show.
                    Code:
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                      Fargo is off to a good start. The whole vibe of the show is just perfect, regardless of what the actual plot is. How do they come up with a couple that is trying to take over the traveling bridge circuit?
                      It's weird and kooky and I have no idea where they're going with it and I love it.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Ewan McGregor rules. I've always liked him, now I love him.
                        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Real Time can be pretty hit or miss for me (usually both within the same episode) but last night was the best start to finish show in a long, long time. Every guest for me had something intelligent to offer, it was a mostly modest show void of endless hyperbole and the talking points for me were extremely tangible. And I loved his Mars rant which is a topic that has ****ed me off for years.

Comment

What are you doing? That's art!
                            It's a picture a man playing the cello with an erection.
                            No, it's a man with an erection playing the cello. Watch your modifiers.

Trial and Error has some great lines.
                            Code:

Comment

Holy crap, the Leftovers really did have a crazy Perfect Strangers tie in tonight!

Comment

Riverdale with an awesome reveal: Archie's mother is: Molly Ringwald
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X