Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.18 - Who Run Derpertown? McMasterBlaster Run Derpertown.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.18 - Who Run Derpertown? McMasterBlaster Run Derpertown.

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    You clearly understand "religious freedom." I'm not free unless I can drag fags from behind my pickup like Jesus wanted.
    Hmmm...that brings up a question! Lets say one day they are able to identify babies as being Gay (yes I know that requires science but go with it) would it be wrong to abort said baby? Which would make Jesus weep more the Live Gay Baby or the Abortion?
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
      Are they operating in Houston? NPR has a good story up about the medical crisis nature of the general crisis there. (One media outlet still doing it right)
      Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      One of my Facebook friends who is drunk on the Trump KoolAid posted begging from him to call out the Antifa groups as terrorist organizations. You know, kinda like how he did nothing like that for any of the Alt Right/White Supremacists/White Nationalists/KKK.

I really need to block her because she's really becoming unhinged. Though she shares some awesome recipes....
      I got a message recently telling me I needed to pass on to 20 people what Trump came up with- followed by the thing about making COngress lose their pensions and healthcare. you know- the thing that has been circulating for about 10+ yrs. Usually I just ignore but I posted back that it is a hoax- it is way older than this administration and pretty sure it is illegal to strip people of a pension they were promised by law.

I would have no problem killing the pension from here on but no matter what my opinion of previous people on the Hill I can't get behind pulling cash from someone who had planned on it in good faith. Don't like when they do that in any business either

Comment

http://www.startribune.com/even-repu...ief/442242783/

Republicans and Trump's dilemma on Hurricane Harvey.

What this back-and-forth underscores is an inconvenient fact of life, and politics: It’s much easier to hold your principles in theory than in reality.

For Cruz — and most of the Texas Republican delegation that voted against Hurricane Sandy aide — Sandy’s wreckage 1,700 miles away was theoretical enough to take a fiscally conservative ideological stand on. Cruz said on NBC he supports the federal government’s role providing hurricane and disaster relief. But the votes by his branch of fiscally conservative Republicans suggest something different: That Congress shouldn’t be in the practice of signing checks for $50 billion in taxpayer dollars, period.

This tug-and-poll for Republicans is as old as modern-day disasters. In the years after 9/11, Republicans took heat from conservative media for blocking an aid package for first responders.

And in the debate of Katrina relief, then-Rep. Mike Pence, R-Ind., went to the House floor to declare: “Congress must ensure that a catastrophe of nature does not become a catastrophe of debt.”
        And now they have their hands out. Since Texas couldn't find it in their hearts to vote for New York I'm thinking maybe the Feds shouldn't pass a bill this time. Let Texas and the fantastic charitable contributions handle everything. From the Federal Government? Nothing. That would be the only fiscally responsible thing to do.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          Hmmm...that brings up a question! Lets say one day they are able to identify babies as being Gay (yes I know that requires science but go with it) would it be wrong to abort said baby? Which would make Jesus weep more the Live Gay Baby or the Abortion?
          They'd jam it into Reeducation Jesus Camp until it became "normal."

But they will allow obstetricians to stand their ground and shoot black babies if they feel threatened.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
            it is way older than this administration and pretty sure it is illegal to strip people of a pension they were promised by law.

I would have no problem killing the pension from here on but no matter what my opinion of previous people on the Hill I can't get behind pulling cash from someone who had planned on it in good faith. Don't like when they do that in any business either
            It's not illegal to alter them. Just ask public employees in Detroit, who saw cuts in theirs. While the pensions were not stripped completely, the cuts were large enough to be felt by those living on fixed incomes.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
              It's not illegal to alter them. Just ask public employees in Detroit, who saw cuts in theirs. While the pensions were not stripped completely, the cuts were large enough to be felt by those living on fixed incomes.
              it should be. You make a plan to support yourself. When you are 70 you can't suddenly revamp that plan. Not OK

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                it should be. You make a plan to support yourself. When you are 70 you can't suddenly revamp that plan. Not OK
                Or maybe get rid of the can-kicking legislation altogether. It is not feasible for one generation to pay for another.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

And now they have their hands out. Since Texas couldn't find it in their hearts to vote for New York I'm thinking maybe the Feds shouldn't pass a bill this time. Let Texas and the fantastic charitable contributions handle everything. From the Federal Government? Nothing. That would be the only fiscally responsible thing to do.
                  I know the right thing is any American should be willing to help any other American in times of great need, like hurricane Harvey. But the people suffering are the same people who voted for those who wanted to prevent aid to Sandy victims. Why do they deserve the aid more than the folks in New Jersey, New York or the other areas hit by Sandy? Maybe when the consequences of their votes really hit home, they'll behave more responsibly in the future.

Comment

Someone doesn't know the difference between a pension and Social Security. Not saying who.
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      http://www.startribune.com/even-repu...ief/442242783/

Republicans and Trump's dilemma on Hurricane Harvey.

as posted before.

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...c9&oe=5A2EEF1C
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                        Yeah, I saw that. That's a good one. I just wanted to keep posting about it cause right now it's at the top of my mind.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                          We should let the free market handle it.
                          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Apparently Shelia Jackson Lee (D) from Houston DID NOT vote for Sandy funding. Says she did.

Of the 24 GOP members of the Texas House delegation in 2013, all but one voted against the Sandy relief package in 2013. The one “yea” vote was Rep. John Culberson, whose district includes Houston. But seven other Houston-area congressmen voted the package down. All 12 Democratic members of the delegation voted in favor of Sandy relief with the exception of Sheila Jackson Lee, who represents central Houston and didn’t cast a vote. Three Republicans and two Democrats in office at the time of the vote are no longer serving in Congress.
                            It remains unclear why she wasn't there for the vote.

Comment

Think pieces are, as a rule, inane. I'm not sure yet that this is inane.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                                I know the right thing is any American should be willing to help any other American in times of great need, like hurricane Harvey. But the people suffering are the same people who voted for those who wanted to prevent aid to Sandy victims. Why do they deserve the aid more than the folks in New Jersey, New York or the other areas hit by Sandy? Maybe when the consequences of their votes really hit home, they'll behave more responsibly in the future.
                                The entire city of Houston (plus some) is represented in congress by 3 Democrats and 1 Republican, (Culberson, who voted for the Sandy bill) and Houston itself went for Hillary by 15 points.

If you can't better slot large groups of people into the right category you'll lose your party card.
                                Originally posted by WiscTJK
                                I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                                Originally posted by Timothy A
                                Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Working...
                                X