Boston University vs Boston College 11/30 and 12/1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    i hope UNH gets it.............they deserve it . IMO it's nothing but a pain in the arse to be #1 at this point
    Nooooo please keep it! Congrats to York, and best of luck the rest of the way. Hopefully we have a good series in January!

Comment

• Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
      Timeline of events:

1. NDakota game 2: BU-2 Garrett Noonan (2-Diving)

2. Jack goes on a drunk rant about diving and accuses two schools in hockey east of diving but will not name them. He's so brave... and SMART doing this AFTER a game in which his team was caught with the very thing Jack is trying to rid this game of.

3. BC game 1: BU-3 Sean Escobedo (2-EMBELLISHMENT)

4a. BU fanboys bring "BC school of diving" sign to EggAnus Arena
      4b. BC game 2: BU-2 Evan Rodrigues (2-EMBELLISHMENT)

5. BC game 3: BU-4 Sean Escobedo (2-Diving) BC 2x4

That's 4 in BU's last 8 games. I think your diving team has a hockey problem, Jack. When will one of these Pulitzer winning Freep "journalists" address this BU culture issue of diving?
      All nationally televised games too. Really embarrassing for bu and incredibly ironic since angry jack has been pmsimg about everybody else diving. but unsurprising since they have a group of worthless forwards who need a man advantage to score. Diving is their only chance to draw penalties

I thiught these kids were supposed to be good. We trusted you, Alex
      “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
      Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
      Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
      National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

• Re: Boston University vs Boston College 11/30 and 12/1

Originally posted by defkit View Post
        Congrats to York and to BC, they looked much better tonight. If O'Connor hadn't made several ridiculous saves, this game could have been out of hand. He does not deserve 5 GAA after the way he played tonight. After Milner stopped Rodrigues on the breakaway that would have made the score 2-2, BU pretty much fell apart.

Cisse needs to sit until he either contributes or stops taking dumb penalties. Noonan is also taking too many. Not to mention that he was WAAAAAAAY out of position on the 5th BC goal. Granted, Ruikka made a bad pass, but since Noonan was headed up ice, the result was a 3 on 1, with the "1" nowhere near the guy with the puck.

That call on Escobedo was pretty ridiculous. Already down a man, he gets called for a full dive, not even an embellishment to go with a hook? It would be pretty impressive to be able to spin the way he did without the BC player getting his stick in there. Anyway, I'm glad the BC fans are having so much fun with all the diving/embellishment irony.

Arnold's second goal was ridiculous. I mean, there was literally one puck's width worth of room to get that thing in (one of the TV camera angles shows it beautifully). One inch in either direction and it does not go in.
        The breakaway wasn't stopped, he had the open net, but lost control of the puck and flipped it wide and high. Agree on Cisse, he's been playing terribly. Every time he touches the puck, I think "well, this play is over." Our guys let the officials get in their head and got frustrated, and played like a very young and inexperienced team that was out of control for the majority of the 2nd period. Need to stay out of the box, especially when BC was out gunning on all cylinders playing to get York the W. Congrats to him, well deserved.
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Absolutely brutal game. What little 5 on 5 BU had to work with looked good. O'connor has to continue being given all the big games. He can hang in there with the best of them. A couple of those PP goals were after some great saves. BC's 1st line is easily the best in the nation. I'm disappointed in many of the calls that occurred (some due to the refs, others due to our own guys). Cisse isn't good enough to be playin on this team. He has no hands and no ability other than being a quick skater. In addition he takes dumb penalties. If he plays it should be 4th line but I'd rather see Kurker and Lane getting more of Cisse's playing time

Good weekend boys. Lets beat (#1?) UNH!

Comment

I don't even think BC's first line got on the scoreboard, did they? Incredibly good to see us win a game on secondary scoring.

Gaudreau had both a goal and an assist waved off. LOL. Not a bad way to lose your point streak I guess.

The BU diving stuff is the absolute greatest.

And finally, I want BC to stay #1. You get that target on your back and get everyone's best. It forces you to play at the top of your game. The fact that they won so many straight games as the #1 team in the country is, frankly, astonishing.
            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Order restored

Some real dumb penalties by BU tonight.

It looks like o'connor's biggest weakness is plays around the goal line

Comment

Also, random thought from 2am here, but in all my games at Agganis, I never noticed that you guys don't have a goal horn. Did I just totally overlook that for years, or is that something new?
                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                  I don't even think BC's first line got on the scoreboard, did they? Incredibly good to see us win a game on secondary scoring.

Gaudreau had both a goal and an assist waved off. LOL. Not a bad way to lose your point streak I guess.

The BU diving stuff is the absolute greatest.

And finally, I want BC to stay #1. You get that target on your back and get everyone's best. It forces you to play at the top of your game. The fact that they won so many straight games as the #1 team in the country is, frankly, astonishing.
                  It wasn't so much how they performed on the scoreboard, but how they controlled our zone when they were on the ice. When 5 on 5 your 1st line dominated possession but our 2nd and 3rd lines looked like they were doing a good job. Special teams was an absolute killer. I can't blame O'connor at all considering he made some great saves but the defenders weren't clearing the rebounds very well. Two (mostly complete) 5 on 3 penalties doesn't help things. Third period penalties penalties came far too late. Coming back 5-1 is a huge hill to climb.

As much as BC fans are going to rip on BU for diving, we never get away with it while other teams do.
                  Obligatory ref hate: Still don't know how Bunyon didn't receive 1st star of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                    Also, random thought from 2am here, but in all my games at Agganis, I never noticed that you guys don't have a goal horn. Did I just totally overlook that for years, or is that something new?
                    Don't think so. Usually there's just a celly and the band plays the BU song.

Comment

• Originally posted by CASHockey View Post
                      Don't think so. Usually there's just a celly and the band plays the BU song.
                      Nope never historically. Happened once in 08 I believe and it was quickly gone.
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by CASHockey View Post
                        As much as BC fans are going to rip on BU for diving, we never get away with it while other teams do.

Ahahahha. OK.
                        Originally posted by reBlur
                        the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                          That call on Escobedo was pretty ridiculous. Already down a man, he gets called for a full dive, not even an embellishment to go with a hook? It would be pretty impressive to be able to spin the way he did without the BC player getting his stick in there.
                          Isn't this the way Jack wants it called? I could have sworn earlier in the season he was pleading for just the dive penalty and not the matching minors?

Comment

Did Grzlecyk play last night?
                            Originally posted by reBlur
                            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                              Did Grzlecyk play last night?
                              He did but missed a lot. They mentioned it on the broadcast that he hadn't been on the ice in the second and then, boom. There he was. But I didn't see him much at all after that. I hope he's not hurt.

Comment

Interesting to see Terrier fans complain about BUnyon especially after starting out with 7 power plays against UNH two weeks ago

Comment

Working...
                                X