• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017-2018 D1 Women's Hockey Scores

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    I'll need to short-circuit my biases the best I can before the game
    I did tee it up for you...

Minnesota up on SCSU 2-1 after the 1st period.
    Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 02-02-2018, 03:32 PM.
    At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Mankato is up 2-1 on Bemidji after two. Mankato with two power play goals.
      Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
      FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
      NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
      NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
      NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
      NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
      Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
      Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
        Now seems as good a time as any to inform you all that I'll be doing color commentary for both semifinal games of the Women's Beanpot on ESPN3 this Tuesday and I'm wicked excited about it.
        Too bad we don’t get ESPN3 up here in the great white north. Congrats.

Comment

I'll need to short-circuit my biases the best I can before the game
          I remember back in 2006 I was watching the men's semi-final on ESPN, and Gary Thorne was doing the play-by-play, Wisconsin vs Maine. Later on in the game, into the third period, Thorne was doing an interview with Mark Johnson, because a couple weeks before the UW women had won their first championship. And during that interview Johnson made some sort of reference to Thorne having graduated from Maine. Up until that point, I had not had the *slightest* inclining that the guy doing the play-by-play had attended one of the schools playing. Not a hint.

Aim for that. I don't know how; I would be a miserable failure at it. But aim for that. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
            Mankato is up 2-1 on Bemidji after two. Mankato with two power play goals.
            Not only did Mankato beat Bemidji, but they outshot Bemidji 41-to-24 (according to WCHA stat box/window thing.)

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
              Not only did Mankato beat Bemidji, but they outshot Bemidji 41-to-24 (according to WCHA stat box/window thing.)
              3-1 final with an empty netter for the Mavericks.

Listening to the Beaver Radio Network's web cast, that sounds about right.
              Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
              FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
              NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
              NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
              NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
              NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
              Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
              Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
                3-1 final with an empty netter for the Mavericks.
                And that's the score in St. Cloud, puck just dropped to begin the 3rd period.
                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                  And that's the score in St. Cloud, puck just dropped to begin the 3rd period.
                  #9 is something else...Gulstene saves her bacon. Still 3-1 Minnesota.

Comment

Minnesota...***.

3-3 giving up 2 late goals.

Comment

Clarkson 1 Brown 0 End of 1

Brenneman in the nets for Clarkson.

Other than one power play for Brown and when the puck was iced, the entire first period was played in the Brown defensive zone.

Biggest news from this game is the ECAC leading scorer Lauren Gabel injured her right leg in a collision with a Brown player 3 1/2 min into the period. She had to be helped off the ice putting no pressure on her right leg. Has not returned.
                      Last edited by vicb; 02-02-2018, 05:42 PM.
                      Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                      And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                      WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                      If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

As for the video, much better than the past 2 weeks however, the quality of the video is still not that Crisp, Clear HD TV that we see from Quinny and RPI. The video crispness is like the video before HD came on the scene.
                        Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                        And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                        WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                        If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                          Clarkson 1 Brown 0 End of 1

Brenneman in the nets for Clarkson.

Other than one power play for Brown and when the puck was iced, the entire first period was played in the Brown defensive zone.

Biggest news from this game is the ECAC leading scorer Lauren Gabel injured her right leg in a collision with a Brown player 3 1/2 min into the period. She had to be helped off the ice putting no pressure on her right leg. Has not returned.
                          Gabel is back for period 2 PHEWWWW. And she scores on the PP.
                          Last edited by vicb; 02-02-2018, 05:59 PM.
                          WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO

Comment

I assume the 21-2 OSU shot count in the 2nd period against Wisco is a typo
                            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

I assume the 21-2 OSU shot count in the 2nd period against Wisco is a typo
                              Nope.

OSU got a very early goal, and then a pair of penalties put Wisconsin on their heels. And the rest of the period was ice the puck, dump-and-change, ice the puck, dump-and -change. Third period has been some better, but still 1-0 OSU

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                                Nope.

OSU got a very early goal, and then a pair of penalties put Wisconsin on their heels. And the rest of the period was ice the puck, dump-and-change, ice the puck, dump-and -change. Third period has been some better, but still 1-0 OSU

1-0 final.

I know OSU fans think she's the greatest, but I've never been all that impressed with Sauve; she gives up tons of rebounds. Today she did a much better than usual job of controlling her rebounds. What there were (including one just laying there on the ice with about ten seconds to play) the Badgers couldn't knock home.

The lone goal was a sort-of slow motion breakaway, more-or-less off the 2nd period opening faceoff. The puck pin-balled around some, squirted loose to OSU, the lone Badger defender tripped as she tried to start backing up, and it was one-on-one. Blocker side, upper 90. (best I could tell from the video, anyway.)

Oh, well.
                                Last edited by robertearle; 02-02-2018, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X